Book 2!!

fiveAM

Sorry if this actually happened a few days ago, been really hectic for me with the holidays, but I just saw Stormlight 2 and A Memory of Light Draft 2 added to the Current Projects section on Brandon's website.

Rejoice!

Guest Jacob Santos

I am very exciting that it might be possible to read the book sometime in 2012. Hopefully before the end of the world happens :)

It will also give me time to listen to the WoT and Song of Fire and Ice series. I plan on both buying the Kindle version and Audible versions. The voice actors are really good and it will be nice to hear them with the second book.

I am very exciting that it might be possible to read the book sometime in 2012. Hopefully before the end of the world happens :)

It will also give me time to listen to the WoT and Song of Fire and Ice series. I plan on both buying the Kindle version and Audible versions. The voice actors are really good and it will be nice to hear them with the second book.

Stormlight 2 is almost certainly going to be published in 2013. Sorry.

This is a catastrophe! Somebodies got to tell Brandon that we need that book for sustenance! Not to mention a particular world ending apocalypse scheduled on 12/21/12 :/ !

Now if only I was a goddamn Subsumer Ferring, maybe I could last until then (and lose some weight)!

But alas!

Guest Jacob Santos

This is a catastrophe! Somebodies got to tell Brandon that we need that book for sustenance! Not to mention a particular world ending apocalypse scheduled on 12/21/12 :/ !

Now if only I was a goddamn Subsumer Ferring, maybe I could last until then (and lose some weight)!

But alas!

I know you're being facetious. I just want to say that fans need to be better than that, even in jest.

EDIT: It looks like guy above was right. From what Brandon has stated in the past, Book 2 will take a year to write (3 to 6 months to publish?). So yeah, it does look like it'll be 2013.

So this thread most likely was a little too soon. Still, WoK was such an excellent book, I'll be happy whenever book 2 comes out. I'm trying to get my co-workers to read the first book, but they don't really seem to be into fantasy. As an aside, it is great that Brandon is relatively a "clean" author, so I don't feel ashamed that I recommended a book filled of rape and have to explain that what is great about the book is not the rape, but the character... only to have the person ignore the explanation and think that I think rape is okay, but it isn't. Anyway, how was that football game the other night?

I can't wait to be spoiled for the ending of WoT before I finish the audio books.

Edited by Jacob Santos

Yeah, sorry to agree with the downers, but it's not really realistic to hope for Stormlight 2 this year. To put things in perspective, Brandon will very probably not start Stormlight 2 until MoL is finished. That should be in summer, since they are aiming for a fall release it seems. Then consider the obligations he has for book tours (the promotion and book tour for the final WoT book is likely to get huge, and The Rithmatist is also coming out this year I think), so if we're lucky, he will get to spend 3 months on SL2 this year. Add another 3 months for finishing it, a normal editing and publishing time, and we're likely to look at early fall 2013 already.

It's going to be a long wait my friends :rolleyes:

We probably won't get the Rithmatist this year, but we might get another short YA book (that Brandon already wrote and that a lot of people already know about) instead. It's in better shape, needs much less revision.

Brandon's original plan was to start Stormlight 2 in January, but the original plan also included finishing AMoL draft 1 by November 8th and finishing another draft or two by January 1st.

I was going to say more, but I think I won't.

2013 is still a great timing, and I'm really happy that we'll have w whole book about Shallan. She's much more interesting than Kaladin, who is soooo good honorable and never ever did anything bad and I really hope he falls and turns evil, even for a short time, because it would make him much more interesting as a character. No, really, he's my least favorite of all Sanderson characters right now. And Shallan is quite selfish, lies and acts on impulse, but she's not too evil also. And she gets the most interesting plot (which means most dealing with cosmere stuff). Or maybe it's just that she's the kind of characters I prefer in RPGs (lies to the party, steals things, doesn't like killing people)? Anyway I'm looking forward to that book.

Edited by Eri

Guest Jacob Santos

I'm kind of sad that Rithmatist isn't coming out as it seems to be a very interesting book. Since it most likely won't be based in the Cosmere, my interest is more of the concept and conflict. It reminds me of young adult books that I used to read and enjoy.

I'm content for whenever book 2 comes out. I'm hoping it doesn't take until 2014, but I'd understand. If it comes out this year, then I'll be both surprised and delighted. However, whenever it comes out, I'll probably devour it above anything else. Nom nom.

Um, guys, this is not General Theories, this is SA forum, so please, don't post blatant spoilers here. Even if HoA is a quite old book. ;-)

I'm kind of sad that Rithmatist isn't coming out as it seems to be a very interesting book. Since it most likely won't be based in the Cosmere, my interest is more of the concept and conflict. It reminds me of young adult books that I used to read and enjoy.

I think it's still coming out. It's just not coming out this year.

Guest Jacob Santos

I think it's still coming out. It's just not coming out this year.

If it isn't coming out this year, then it is dead to me. It might as well not come out at all. :)

Actually, the teaser hasn't yet killed me as it would had if it was longer. It is interesting, but meh, it isn't cosmere and it has been a long time since I read a YA book. They usually don't do it for me now. Too short and predictable. That is to say, I'm still looking forward to its release, whenever it comes out, just not important. Also, I'll probably hold off since I don't want to get stuck with a cliffhanger and have so much tension about when the next book is going to come out. It usually takes a few weeks and I'm more useless than usually during that time.

Honestly, book two not coming out this year is absolutely fine. Have you seen everything that's coming out this year? There's about 5K of good literature coming out this year, that's what. That's about 4K more than I've got time for. E-gads.

Joking aside, whenever the book comes out, I'll be excited. And if it's Spring 2013, when I graduate, well, I'll just consider it a present to me, right alongside Star Trek 2. Because these things are obviously related. I'm just excited it's been put into the works, and is being written. Melanie Rawn ring any bells? She writes as many pages as Brandon Sanderson for years, and then starts not finishing things. My gratitude at the continuation of series is unending, right now.

2013 is certainly not too long to wait. Honestly, 2014 would be spiff, for 1K pages of brilliance. :)

• Chaos locked this topic