Cosmere Video Game

OdiYum

Cosmere Video Game  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which shardworld would you like to see represented as a video game?

I was playing Eternal Darkness, and I found out that Eternal Darkness 2 was on kick-starter and failed to raise the necessary money.  This got me thinking about a cosmere game.  I have two choices.

Roshar

Imagine having a variety of different classes/races that you can pick like in the Elder Scrolls games.  You could choose a dark-eyed spearman who has recently killed a shardbearer and has been elevated to lighteyed status, making your way to the shattered plains, or a lighteyed shardbearer already fighting for vengeance.  You could be a lowly slave in a bridge crew who has decided to desperately try and protect his bridge crew, eventually becoming a windrunner.  Maybe a warrior ardent, who fights with both blade and soulcaster, effectively making them a glass cannon.  Couple this with the awesome nature of shards and surges and that would be a FUN game.

Nalthis

I see this game as being very similar to Assassin's Creed.  The world would be drawn in cell shading like Okami (note: not artistic style.  Just a similar concept), but the characters and NPCs would be much more realistic.  This would help showing the different heightenings more easily.  I figure this would start out with you breaking Vasher out of jail, and he gifts you with enough breaths to get to 2-3 heightening.  Then you make your way through a story of either stopping the war, starting it and supporting either side, or playing each side against each other and putting yourself on top after the dust clears.  Imagine walking through a crowded city street and brushing a rope, awakening it to carry you up to the roof.  Then leaving the same rope in wait for an enemy.  Or maybe awakening cloths to give you an extra umph to your jumping and running abilities.  When you die, you could get two choices, load the last save point of continue as a returned.  At the end of the playthrough, if you have accumulated enough breaths you could spend them awakening a sword similar to Nightblood and use it on the next playthrough, or carry over your breaths eventually reaching insane heightenings.

Those are my ideas, but I was just wondering what other people thought.  I was also wondering if this could ever be kick-startered because I would contribute a good amount of money to this.

I like the Nalthis idea. When you said Okami(fantastic game btw) I just pictured a beautifully drawn world whose colours change as you gain or lose Breaths. You would probably need a very good artistic department but I think there is potential.

An Okami Nalthis would be really cool. I imagine a Roshar one being along similar lines as tes, but with a really well developed melee system. 

Mistborn, well, something along the lines of a cross between Kotor and the Arkham series.

Sel, hmmmmmm. I dunno, I would find it most interesting if I got to play as Chaychan or a Dakhor. Being an Elantrian would probably just be typical mage game, and while Forging could be cool I don't know if it would be my cup of tea.

Side Quests:

• Collect all the Hoid items (Moon Scepter, Lerasium Bead, Flute, Etc)
  • Beat Lightsong in Tarachin
  • Whack-a-Lifeless Squirrel
  • Lashing through a Highstorm
  • Bond all the spren.
  • Food snatching with Lift
  • Beat Ham at arm wrestling
  • Bring Breeze a drink (This will be a recurring quest, each vintage being both more rare and more difficult to find liberate)
  • I Spy with Spook
  • Allomantic tag with Vin and Kelsier
  • Taming the rogue bands of Koloss
  • Stop a train robbery with Wax
  • Aon Da skeet shooting 
  • Forge and replace a masterpiece

More side quests

- using the Mass Effect choice wheel, teach nightblood to love

- mistborn vs. windrunner races

- get exalted status with the ghostbloods, skybreakers (Nal's), etc

- card games vs. chromium compounders

- listen to ALL of Hoid's stories

- reach 10th + heightening

Roshar would never work as the sort of game you describe. Gravitation basically breaks all the maps, bridge runs would be absurdly boring (yet still dangerous), Shardblades are totally OP, you can't have Elsecallers without adding basically all of the other worlds, etc. It could work as, say, a strategy game, where you play as a highprince and try to capture gemhearts. Or a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings II, since there are already similar things for ASOIAF, the Lord of the Rings, and the Elder Scrolls. War, politics, plotting, assassinations, event chains in which bridgemen save your entire army and you turn them into bodyguards, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a Diablo 2 Mod with Armors are certain metalminds. Storing health means you walk around at a lower health, (say, 75%, 50, 25) and when you tap it, your health regens (again 75, 50, 25 percent faster). Etc.. Really cool I think, but I'm on a Diablo 2 replay right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Even more side quests!

Collect all the hemalurgic spikes

Trivial Pursuit with a Keeper

Spot the Kandra

Kaladin's Crazy Bridge Run (I imagine an on the rails vehicle game with quick-time events to lash arrows away)

Windrunner races (like Assassin's Creed race  missions but even harder to follow with the whole screen inverting when you lash yourself to the wall of ceiling)

Even more side quests!

Collect all the hemalurgic spikes

Trivial Pursuit with a Keeper

Spot the Kandra

Kaladin's Crazy Bridge Run (I imagine an on the rails vehicle game with quick-time events to lash arrows away)

Windrunner races (like Assassin's Creed race  missions but even harder to follow with the whole screen inverting when you lash yourself to the wall of ceiling)

Kill the Elantrian, with 2 levels. One for post-reod, 2 for pre-reod.

I have a Ring in Skyrim called Pewtermind and an Ebony Greatsword that steals health named Nightblood. I'm working on getting a full set of Dragonplate with Increased Health and Carrying Capacity to make in to Shardplate.

Edited by BreathTaker

• 3 years later...
On 8/11/2014 at 7:32 PM, Shaggai said:

It could work as, say, a strategy game, where you play as a highprince and try to capture gemhearts

I like this sentiment for Roshar
SA as a civilization strategy game. Could do different eras
Uniting Alethkar
Warcamps as mentioned

I think this would also be a good take for Sel.

Sel would also be good as an AR mobile game like Maguss with its spell drawing.

• Chaos locked this topic