People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

We'll activate the temporal distortion fields. Anyone who get's caught in one instantly ages 500 years. So make sure you don't step on the wrong floor tile, or our janitor sloths will have to clean up annoying little piles of dust.

"Yeah sure" Voidus replied distractedly. "Spikes in the top left drawer arranged by spiritweb resonance, disembodied souls in the top right, you know how it's organized. Try to minimize the creation of any Eldtritch horrors."

With a crash the tower he was building fell down.

"Ruin curse this jenga game! I've stolen the dexterity of 10 people and I still can't get it past this layer! Perhaps if I spiked out extra speed..."

Voidus bent over his desk and began rummaging through notes, Winter completely forgotten.

The Stranger nodded in approval as the girl grabbed several of their decoy products and scurried off. He turned to his colleague

"Excellent misdirection Voidus. That will give her something to do for a while. We seem to be going through a lot of decoys lately, haven't we?"

He looked at the ruins of the jenga tower.

"Have you tried the Zaraxian Helix structure? I find it works well for gaining height and stability in a proportional manner, but it tends to attract Gurgleschlurps, which always end messily. Or maybe add a Zinc spike to improve your form. Or Electrum if you're getting discouraged, I've had a new batch made recently."

Edited by Fatebreaker

Voidus turned back to Winter, charged spikes were one thing, not something lightly given away to those whose association with the Dark Alley was still somewhat up in the air, an uncharged spike however...

"Yeah, sure." He replied, pressing a nearby wall in a strangely long sequence and causing a segment of wall to slide open. "The sixteen Allomantic metals, sorry but Atium spikes need to be carefully rationed. Happy sciencing!"

Helping someone get started on the path to true science was always satisfying, allowing some unknowns access to the spikes Winter produced was a small price to pay for another potential lurker of the Dark Alley.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be simpler to just graft some thumbs on you. As for transforming into things, there tends to be a a lot of side effects, as well as it leaves you more open to manipulation. Although we have been working on some ways to stabilize the process.

The dragon thought about it for a second. "So we need someone who really needs to die right?

Why did Sades die already?"

Um, dude, spoilers. I've read the book, but there are several people who haven't. 

Edited by mail-mi

• 2 weeks later...