People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

Hol' up a sec. Didn't she publicly side against us? Try and discredit us to potential customers on the intro thread? Not send a thank you note after our party?

I'm skeptical of her loyalties...

Yes.

You should be.

And yes. The nerve of some people wolves.

Fatebreaker, I demand that you change your avatar back to the beauty that it once was.

Voidus, if it's not too presumptuous, may I have the title of "Head of Inter-Guild Commerce"? I see that as a different category than the more general "Sales," which seems to apply more to individual sales. I have recently noticed a lack of DA personnel among the rash of new guilds, and thought that I might fill the void by presenting a spiked friendly face and cheerful sales assistance to the fledgling operations. Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

The Dark Alley is happy to announce that on this day ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SUSPICIOUS OCCURRED.

On a completely unrelated note, we're out of fire extinguishers in Alley 63 and we have a new acolyte position open.

Right this way my good sir. We have the finest selection of baked goods imaginable. Anything your stomach desires can be found within our walkways. Just sit in this chair and answer a few questions.

7) What kind of cookie would you like?

49) is there any special ingrediants you'd like added?

M) are there any topings you'd like, such as sprinkles or frosting?

3) What consistency would you prefer? Soft and chewy or firm and crisp?

%) What is your favorite color?

Hey guys. I'm new here, (Joined yesterday,) haven't read Mistborn yet... But I love COOKIES!!! Where do I go to get them??? *Slobbering*

Welcome to the DA! I see my offering of cookies has not gone unheard.

• 1 month later...

Hello members of the Dark Alley!! My name is Tanavast and I'm the owner and god of the finest alley in all of Kasitor, I've been looking for a partnership for quite a while and the DA seems like the perfect fit. I am constantly being ripped off when guests do not pay up rent for staying in my fine alley and when voidbringers wreak havoc on my city without any thought of giving me compensation. Being a god can be very stressful at times so I think my only option is to ask for a "cookie" stand to be set up in my alley. In exchange for this service I would offer to split the profit from my alley rental (maybe we could even make my city a tourist attraction), very nice free tubers and free room and board. It would be a pleasure to work with you very fine folks and I would love to hear back from you.

Signed,  

A very friendly Neighbourhood God

Greetings and Salutations of the most incomprehensible sort!

We of the Dark Alley are always looking to expand our ventures, and your offer sounds quite promising. Expansion into new areas is always appreciated and partnerships often yield fruitful results. We will happily set up shop in your town, but we will need you to sign an agreement form and a liability waiver, as well as make a small, ahem, donation as a token of good faith. But once that's taken care of things will go swimmingly I'm sure.

Benefits of a Partnership with the DA include and are not limited to the following:

Job opportunities that lower unemployment levels

A smaller likelihood  of revolts or coups unless requested otherwise

Almost no one will go hungry!

Powerful Allies right in your neighbor hood ALL the time!

I wonder why...

We of the Dark Alley are always looking to expand our ventures, and your offer sounds quite promising. Expansion into new areas is always appreciated and partnerships often yield fruitful results. We will happily set up shop in your town, but we will need you to sign an agreement form and a liability waiver, as well as make a small, ahem, donation as a token of good faith. But once that's taken care of things will go swimmingly I'm sure.

Benefits of a Partnership with the DA include and are not limited to the following:

Job opportunities that lower unemployment levels

A smaller likelihood  of revolts or coups unless requested otherwise

Almost no one will go hungry!

Powerful Allies right in your neighbor hood ALL the time!

On a different note the agreement form and liability waiver are no issue and I'm sure I can spare some nice tubers (that were going to be used to build the new temple of the northern god and repair the houses on Harpon street, ... but who needs 'em) for the donation. In regards to your work I wouldn't need you to care for the "city" just the protection of my alley that houses it (I only have a limited amount of holy blankets to throw at passing voidbringers). This would include tracking down and offering "cookies" to gutter renters who refuse to pay and repelling curious voidbringers and heralds. You will be payed and you would be surprised what benefits there are when working with a god. I look forward to hearing from you and if all is accounted for I would like to meet you intriguing folks from the DA ( if I may suggest a location, a good meeting place would be in Kasitor at the bay area at 7:46 AM some time).

With regards, 

An overly friendly Neighbourhood God

AHHHH 666 REPLIES

THE SIGN OF THE BEAST (or devil?)

IS ME

Edited by Kasitor's Tanavast

I wonder why...

On a different note the agreement form and liability waiver are no issue and I'm sure I can spare some nice tubers (that were going to be used to build the new temple of the northern god and repair the houses on Harpon street, ... but who needs 'em) for the donation. In regards to your work I wouldn't need you to care for the "city" just the protection of my alley that houses it (I only have a limited amount of holy blankets to throw at passing voidbringers). This would include tracking down and offering "cookies" to gutter renters who refuse to pay and repelling curious voidbringers and heralds. You will be payed and you would be surprised what benefits there are when working with a god. I look forward to hearing from you and if all is accounted for I would like to meet you intriguing folks from the DA ( if I may suggest a location, a good meeting place would be in Kasitor at the bay area at 7:46 AM some time).

With regards, 

An overly friendly Neighbourhood God

AHHHH 666 REPLIES

THE SIGN OF THE BEAST (or devil?)

IS ME

I am somewhat curious why you were using potatoes to build with...

We were actually hoping for more of a *ahem* live sacrifice donation, if that is doable. The spiking delivering of cookies to gutter renters is certainly a service that would fall under our purview, and definitely an option of the partnership to be explored.

I look forward to the meeting.

Do your baked goods include Scadrialese chocolate fudge brownies (both the Fae kind and oven-baked goodness) with a steaming cup of hot chocolate to go? :lol:

Why, yes, of course. How did you know?

Who needs cookies when you have potatoes? ;)

If you do not know the answer to this question, sir, I believe that the Alley is not the place for you.

I've found that most "matter" makes great building resources (you use what you can get, and i can get a lot of living materials bodies), why does he need to be a member of the dark alley? And not part of it. 

"One of the Alley, One of the crew, One of the Alley!! One of the crew!! ONE OF THE ALLEY ONE OF THE CREW!!!!!!" - Shard Strap

Edited by Kasitor's Tanavast

I am somewhat curious why you were using potatoes to build with...

We were actually hoping for more of a *ahem* live sacrifice donation, if that is doable. The spiking delivering of cookies to gutter renters is certainly a service that would fall under our purview, and definitely an option of the partnership to be explored.

I look forward to the meeting.

I thought tubers were just another name for bulbs of plants? 

AND ARE POTATOES NOT ALIVE? YOU INSULT ME. I PRIDE MYSELF VERY MUCH ON MY FULLY LIVING (well ... was) RENEWABLE CITY

*Snort* VERY WELL I WILL GIVE YOU PUNY HUMANS MORE PUNY HUMANS INSTEAD OF MY MAGICAL POTATOES (you haven't heard this one before)

I THINK THAT I CAN SPARE THE FAMILY FROM THE BAKERY THAT GOT TRAMPLED (they're very depressed and homeless) BY THAT VOIDBRINGER, AXIES THE COLLECTOR. WHICH REMINDS ME, HE IS THE FIRST ON THE LIST OF SPIKING COOKIE DELIVERIES (I need my holy blanket back)

I SAY, TALKING IN CAPS LOCK IS VERY DIGNIFYING WHEN YOU ARE A god TALKING TO INSIGNIFICANT MORTALS

WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I AM DEATH WHEN I TALK IN CAPS LOCK, IT FEELS POWERFUL.

(sorry I'll stop, it hurts the eyes)

Apologies to the lurkers, my infiltration of the Oregoners has left me little time to attend to the Alleys.

We would certainly be amenable to setting up a local DA branch in Kasitor to... oversee your particular alley.  :ph34r: