Hmm...

Write two scenes that are completely opposite, but they're happening at the same time. So like, one paragraph starts a wedding; the next starts a funeral. And then keep going back and forth like that until both scenes are done.

...actually that's such a cool idea hehe I'm going to do that today too.

two people

Spoiler

I remember when I was most happy. It was a simple day, one in the park, with a clear sky and nothing but open grass in front of me.

I want to forget when i was most sad. It was dark, and all i saw was a bottle, with money to burn. My lips touched the glass, bringing me back to that day, as it started in just the same way. I had put a bottle to my lips, taking a big sip when my mother burst into the house crying.

It was all so beautiful that i just wanted to laugh with a joy not often offered to people, something far more fulfilling. I felt the wind race past me, whistling in my ears a nameless tune only known to the wind and its whims. I closed my eyes, happy.

She barely even made it through the door. She collapsed almost on the steps of the doorway. i had to carry her into the house and put her in a chair. i brought her everything i could. If mom was crying this hard, something had to be seriously wrong. she choked out words between her sobs.

I noticed a friend of mine calling for me. He looked worried for some reason, but the day was so beautiful, he couldn't help but smile. I ran over to him, wrapping him into a hug and asked him how he was doing. 

The words stunned me. Grampa is dead? How? I broke down with my mother, crying with each other, our wails creating a terrible, haunting harmony. 

He said that he was doing good, i smiled with gladness. Today has just been amazing. i hugged my friend again, and showed him an interesting tree pattern I found. 

When we had calmed down, our voices were shot. We were dehydrated. We had a portion of our heart ripped out. And there was no way to bring him back. We had no emotional capacity right then. and so we whimpered. together. on the floor. mourning a man who was so important in every aspect. A father. A grandfather. A friend. All at once. and we left a part of ourselves down with him. Thats how death always is.

I grabbed him again, laughing as I ran him down a second time, laughing. I never would forget that day.

I finish the drink, and ask for another. No matter how many, I still remember. I can't forget that day.

44 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

two people

Reveal hidden contents

I remember when I was most happy. It was a simple day, one in the park, with a clear sky and nothing but open grass in front of me.

I want to forget when i was most sad. It was dark, and all i saw was a bottle, with money to burn. My lips touched the glass, bringing me back to that day, as it started in just the same way. I had put a bottle to my lips, taking a big sip when my mother burst into the house crying.

It was all so beautiful that i just wanted to laugh with a joy not often offered to people, something far more fulfilling. I felt the wind race past me, whistling in my ears a nameless tune only known to the wind and its whims. I closed my eyes, happy.

She barely even made it through the door. She collapsed almost on the steps of the doorway. i had to carry her into the house and put her in a chair. i brought her everything i could. If mom was crying this hard, something had to be seriously wrong. she choked out words between her sobs.

I noticed a friend of mine calling for me. He looked worried for some reason, but the day was so beautiful, he couldn't help but smile. I ran over to him, wrapping him into a hug and asked him how he was doing. 

The words stunned me. Grampa is dead? How? I broke down with my mother, crying with each other, our wails creating a terrible, haunting harmony. 

He said that he was doing good, i smiled with gladness. Today has just been amazing. i hugged my friend again, and showed him an interesting tree pattern I found. 

When we had calmed down, our voices were shot. We were dehydrated. We had a portion of our heart ripped out. And there was no way to bring him back. We had no emotional capacity right then. and so we whimpered. together. on the floor. mourning a man who was so important in every aspect. A father. A grandfather. A friend. All at once. and we left a part of ourselves down with him. Thats how death always is.

I grabbed him again, laughing as I ran him down a second time, laughing. I never would forget that day.

I finish the drink, and ask for another. No matter how many, I still remember. I can't forget that day.

AAAAHHHH THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

*hugs*

On 11/6/2023 at 9:22 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Hope, that is thy prompt. Hope in the face of utter desolation.

well then! here we go.

Spoiler

I spent 6 years looking for a way out. It's an endless maze. It is an enternal challenge. The maze, it likes to trap me. It makes me think I'm out, then brings the walls in, trapping me in the worst ways. I often have to go over the walls, spider climb it. It's unforgiving and terrible. You have to be always on guard. But I can often count on one thing: a simple voice, guiding me. I ignore it, far more often than i should. It knows the way out. It knows how hard this maze is. It can guide me to the light leaving this maze. Sometimes I'll find people there with me. They go along, then fall away, but I have to keep moving. Stopping means death. And death, is unacceptable, aside from that simple voice raising me from the ground to keep me going, for there is always a way out in the maze.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

well then! here we go.

Hide contents

I spent 6 years looking for a way out. It's an endless maze. It is an enternal challenge. The maze, it likes to trap me. It makes me think I'm out, then brings the walls in, trapping me in the worst ways. I often have to go over the walls, spider climb it. It's unforgiving and terrible. You have to be always on guard. But I can often count on one thing: a simple voice, guiding me. I ignore it, far more often than i should. It knows the way out. It knows how hard this maze is. It can guide me to the light leaving this maze. Sometimes I'll find people there with me. They go along, then fall away, but I have to keep moving. Stopping means death. And death, is unacceptable, aside from that simple voice raising me from the ground to keep me going, for there is always a way out in the maze.

It's beautiful Raven ❤️

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

well then! here we go.

Hide contents

This is really cool! This is like the exact feeling I have a lot but I didn't really have good words to describe it, thank you for putting it into words!

a chapter from a book im writing: 

tw curses ig

Spoiler

Xarenda woke to snuffling sounds outside the door, followed by a quiet roar. More pairs of appendages appeared to walk towards the door, casting a long and ominous shadow. 

"Scar, Scar wake up what's going on?"

"Huh?- whastorm-" Scar groaned quietly

"I said wake up, dammit. And explain this…" Xarenda whispered

"Just a few more minutes- please I need it…" 

"Just wake up now, we don't got a few more minutes if these are monsters," 

Scar sat up quickly, instantly awake. He felt around, looking for an object. He evidently finds it, for he stops and grips a black blade in his left hand. Grimly, he cuts his right hand, letting the blood drip onto the floor. 

"Uh, Scar what are you doing?-" Xarenda whispered. 

"Blood magic," was the response she got.

The door shattered, throwing wooden splinters everywhere, dust billowing into the air, obscuring vision. The ground shook slightly with each step the monstrosity advancing on its adversary. Xarenda shakily stood up, trying to remember what she did that last day. Another step. Another shudder from the room, almost like it was alive and wanted the thing in it to be out. Scar's blood continued to drip onto the floor, but now he began to chant in a low voice, while the terrible creature took yet another step. Another shudder. Another drop of lifeblood. Xarenda cowered. Another step showed a foot of the monstrosity. Brown-gray muscled foot and bottom half of the highly augmented leg. The low chanting from Scar became louder. The dust settled, showing the monstrosity. Moss covered it, and it held a gatling gun twice his size. He wielded the weapon like it was nothing more than grain of sand, swinging it around between his two targets deftly. Clearly an adept. At that moment, Scar and his chanting abruptly stopped, and his blood began to shine a bright golden light, blinding all in the room. Barely seconds later, there was a large thud. When the light finally died off, and vision had returned, she saw the creature dead. Scar was casually wiping off his knife. 

"Erhm, what?"

"Get us out," Scar replied. That being said, Xarenda remembered how to jump, and with a flash of light much more brilliant than the first, they disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

Review For The Super Correct History of Theatre
    The Super Correct History of Theatre is a play written by Ava Usher, Sareena Gupta, and Josephine Bradley as a senior capstone project, directed by Josephine and Sareena. All three have experience with theatre, with Josephine and Sareena playing roles in numerous different productions, such as Zombie Quest, The Wedding from Hell, and Once Upon a Mattress. Ava has worked as a tech head in all of these productions. All three of them also are a part of the Pinnacle Theatre Company (PTC). I watched the 7:00 pm showing on 11/17 at Pinnacle High School, room D112. The Super Correct History of Theatre successfully utilized the small stage space, sounds and lights, and strong acting to amuse the audience, making for an absurd but extremely fun performance. 
    The small stage created the feeling that you were at your grandparents house, listening to their stories, enraptured by their spin of the tale. 
    The lights, as designed by Ariel Yanofsky, created tense moments, complemented by the sounds from Ariel as well. For example, in Shakespeare’s (Aidan Jolly) scene where he recites MacBeth, Ariel used red and green lights, along with the sound of a bubbling pot, to give the audience fear and apprehension as he waves his hands mysteriously. Consequently, the sound of a gunshot and a red spotlight were used when Shakespeare was shot by John Wilkes Booth (Annabelle Enright) to evoke death and blood. I believe this was used as a way to create tension that was meant to be dispersed by Booth’s following monologue. 
    The strong acting performance amused the audience. Each of the actors played their parts to near perfection, and the sheer absurdity of Lin-Manuel Miranda (Lexi Shaw) just grabbing someone’s paper to sign it made me laugh. I will say that when Jimmy Vaudeville (Marco Johnson) came onstage, I immediately recoiled from the energy he gave off. In this case, he pulled the part off perfectly and made me smile despite wanting to get as far away from him as possible. It truly was impressively well done, and Jimmy’s assistant (Sydney Loo) used her time onstage to the fullest, seeming scared and unsure after his mental breakdown and accidently reading Jimmy Vaudeville’s thoughts to the audience.

any thoughts on this?

• 2 weeks later...

so, we had a teacher at our school pass. so i thought i would write it out.

tw, if youre easily saddened by stuff

Spoiler

When I walked into class that day, i didnt expect to see the teacher bawling. i had a feeling of what happened, but i didnt ask. The class was quiet. a group of older kids stood around her, comforting. finally, i couldnt take the unknowing anymore. I texted a friend of mine who knew my teacher. His reply shocked me. "Mrs. (Blank) has died." my mood went straight down. death is never fun. especially when the person seemed to have a life ahead of her. and yet, she died. and it seems like my teachers are hollow. like they lost something they loved. i know what it feels like, because its happened to me. not a friend, but a grandfather. i cant imagine the anguish. and yet. i see it. their faces. and for the first time, english was quiet. and they were respectful. and there was no yelling. 

17 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

so, we had a teacher at our school pass. so i thought i would write it out.

tw, if youre easily saddened by stuff

Reveal hidden contents

When I walked into class that day, i didnt expect to see the teacher bawling. i had a feeling of what happened, but i didnt ask. The class was quiet. a group of older kids stood around her, comforting. finally, i couldnt take the unknowing anymore. I texted a friend of mine who knew my teacher. His reply shocked me. "Mrs. (Blank) has died." my mood went straight down. death is never fun. especially when the person seemed to have a life ahead of her. and yet, she died. and it seems like my teachers are hollow. like they lost something they loved. i know what it feels like, because its happened to me. not a friend, but a grandfather. i cant imagine the anguish. and yet. i see it. their faces. and for the first time, english was quiet. and they were respectful. and there was no yelling. 

*hugs*