Long Game 7: The Annealing of Luthadel

Wyrmhero

Actually, us sub-forum Mods are working with Wyrm and his stats and are about to try working up some (Semi)-OfficialTM sort of Award System. This will of course take quite a while to work out, but I just want to say, it is a Work-in-Progress! :P

I don't think it gets more official than the mods handing them out, Gamma. :P

...Unless we had Sanderson hand them out. Hmm... Anyone want to try and ask him? :D

Edited by Wyrmhero

Hi guys.  I just want to apologize for the struggles I had staying active in this game.  I hope I didn't let anyone down.  I'll definitely be waiting until my life calms down before joining another game of Elimination.  

I hate it when people go inactive, and I really tried to keep from drowning in all the words, but I fear that the skaa might have done better if I had been more involved.  I hope you all forgive me, and know that in future games I will do better.

Edited by New One

Just a warning, if you guys have anything else you'd like to add to this game, do so now! We'll be locking it here in the near future! 

And I know I said it many times before, but thank you Wyrm for GMing for us! It was an amazing game and your hard work and dedication is truly appreciated! :)

Well I may not have too much to add game-feedback wise, but doesn't mean I can't get some last minute RP in!

There was a small and quiet thud of a padded coin as it hit the ground, and Fien burned pewter right before his maladroit landing, pushing lightly off of the coin with steel to break his fall. He tucked into a roll before immediately springing back to his feet, trying to regain his balance as he paused and strained to hear any sounds with his tin-enhanced hearing. He could feel the cold and damp rough grain of the stone rooftop he was standing on with the bare feet, his faded grey mistcloak blending in with the heavy mists. Now that he was done with his silly charade, and the Luthadel House Wars were over, he was able to get back to his regular routine.

He heard a sharp sound from behind him, and he rapidly spun around, tossing out a handful of padded coins and pushing against them in the direction of the noise as he watched the blurred blue lines of the coins as they trailed away from him. The coins were padded to help prevent from making any sound as he jumped around with him. Flaring tin and trying to penetrate the mists in front of him, Fien almost heard the sound from behind him too late and spun out of the way just in time to dodge an attack from behind.

He smiled as he heard Gamad curse before the steward dropped down to his feet into a sweeping leg kick, forcing Fien to jump out of the way and burn iron to pull himself away from the physical onslaught. Before Fien could blink Gamad had already regained his feet in one fluid motion as he finished his leg sweep and launching at him, raining down a flurry of expertly placed blows.

Lord Ruler is he fast! Fien cursed, back peddling and burning pewter to be able to withstand the fierce strikes. The young lord of House Urbain might have been a trained Mistborn, but he was still sparring with a Terrisman Keeper trained in the art of combat, and Gamad's experience showed. With a blur of speed, Gamad performed a roundhouse kick, catching Fien off guard and hitting him in the ribs. Fien could feel the dense strength contained within the kick, and knew the steward had burned the metals for speed and strength before landing the blow. Fien flew back a few feet, flaring pewter to endure the kick, and performing a backwards somersault as he landed to to quickly get back to his feet before Gamad was upon him once more.

In years of sparring with the Terrisman, Fien had never actually won any of their fights. But he knew if he could survive the onslaught of a battle-practiced feruchemist, most mistborns or mistings weren't even considered a challenge. He thrust his hand forward, causing Gamad to leap aside out of the way of any possible projectiles he would push with steel, and smiled, glad that Gamad had actually fallen for his feint. With his other hand, Fien dropped a coin at his feet and pushed off of that instead, jumping at the same time with pewter enhanced legs, making him soar up in an arc and over the Terrisman's head.

Gotcha! He thought with a wicked grin, as he now threw out the handful of coins he was holding onto, and sent them flying down towards Gamad who was still recovering from his dodge before. His tin enhanced ears heard the small thuds and the grunt of Gamad as the coins landed and hit their target. He knew the man would be fine with his years of stored health, and sure enough, less than a second later, Gamad leapt up through the mists himself to come meet Fien as he started to fall back towards the earth. The both of them grappled in midair as Gamad leveraged his weightless body up and around Fien before tapping all of his weight instead, as gravity took over and both of them plummeted back towards the ground.

Fien frantically burned iron and steel, looking for any metal sources he could anchor himself to nearby, as he felt Gamad's muscles grow in size and strength, his weight also increasing, as he tightened his squeeze around Fien, forcing the air out of his lungs. There were a few blue lines pointing toward the coins he had shot earlier lying on the ground, and Fien flared his steel, pushing against them as hard as he can to slow his descent, while simultaneously pulling with iron towards nearby latches and pieces of metal on buildings nearby. His fall slowed, and right before hitting the ground he stabilized, barely hanging a foot or two off the ground, suspended in mid-air.

He heard Gamad suck his teeth behind him, and before Fien could do anything else, Gamad let go with one arm and started punching the mistborn in the back of the head, his fists feelings like bricks as they pounded into the back of his head, making his skull feel like an anvil, and Gamad's arm the hammer.

Dazed and dizzy, Fien lost his concentration on his metal anchors, and he fell to the ground, with the weighted Gamad still on top of him as he landed, knocking the rest of the air out of him. In a blur of speed, Gamad had regained his feet and planted his bare foot on Fien's neck.

Fien sighed. "I concede!" he wheezed, reaching out with his hand.

Gamad smiled and let his foot of of him, and helped Fien back to his feet. "You almost had me sir," he said, showing his arm which still bore the marks of where the coins had hit him earlier. "I thought for sure I had you when you feel for my distraction," he grinned, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a handful of tiny rocks.

"By the Lord Ruler, I'll get you one of these days," Fien grinned, still panting for breath, his skull starting to throb and ache. "And now, time to go get drunk!" He happily exclaimed, jumping back up to his feet. He was going to be sore for at least a few days after this one.

"Um, can't you not get drunk when burning pewter?" Gamad asked.

"Well, I'm going to keep drinking until I find out one way or another," Fien replied with a wink. "Now, do you want to help me go play a prank on Mesist? I was thinking of changing all of his servants livery out and replacing them with garments bearing my house colours. It's bad enough that I agreed to change them on the occasion I can actually beat you. I might as well go make everybody else suffer along with me!" He laughed, ignoring Gamad's sigh and disapproving shake of the head.

Some things would never change.

I'd just like to thank all the people who took part in this game. While I might have run it for your enjoyment, its the players themselves who make it worth running. We definitely had some memorable characters, and I was always excited to see what players came up with for their House Balls.

I think everyone seemed to enjoy playing the game just as much as I did running it, which is good. My goal was always to get people to enjoy playing the game, after all. I would be very willing to run this again in the future - maybe with a few less mistakes and better balance, this time!

So overall, thank you for your participence, your patience, and for being such great players. I look forward to seeing you all when I next GM. :)

Edited by Wyrmhero

Well, that's a wrap, people! Thank you all for playing and again thank you Wyrmhero for running it! 

If you'd like to try your hand at running a game, whether it be a Quick Fix, a Mid Range or a Long Game, feel free to contact GammaWilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well! You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread. 

If you're ready to join in the fun, sign ups are now open for LG 8: The Elendel Gang Wars! :)