Alethi Script

Wisdom

I don't know whether this is possible but I was wondering if the website could be formatted to support the Alethi script? Not necessarily typing it in but copying it. I have no idea if this is an utterly impossible idea or not though.

It's a website standard that is something typed in a font would show up for those who also have the font installed, but in a regular one for anyone who doesn't. However, I'm not sure how that would work on the forums.

Usually, if you're working with custom fonts it's best to just take a picture of it.

It's a website standard that is something typed in a font would show up for those who also have the font installed, but in a regular one for anyone who doesn't. However, I'm not sure how that would work on the forums.

Usually, if you're working with custom fonts it's best to just take a picture of it.

.it uorX alToh Te size Te forum

goes up to is a bit underuelming

"It works although the size the forum goes up to is a bit underwhelming."

EDIT: And now the size has been fixed in the new version. And now they overlap vertically.

Edited by Kurkistan

It can be done, but it's not worth the time and effort it would take to make it an option.

Josh says we won't do it as a font for the site because there is not an official font, and any fan fonts are going to be an incorrect character map. (Josh and I discussed the fan translation that is out with Isaac, and he said that while it is pretty good (and workable enough to read with) it isn't 100% accurate)

Oo! If you have a list of what makes it more accurate, I would love to fix it up. I know it ain't pretty, but I think of it as a 'typed' version.

Never thought of one used on the forums, though. I know in CSS you can make exceptions for what default font is used depending on the browser. No clue if this exists for custom fonts defaulting to a universal one like serif, but would be cool.

Ah well.

• 8 months later...

This could prove very difficult.

You could create something like google does with their translate api.

after spacebar is pressed typing a word in english, the api translates it to the chosen language.

The problem with this is that you would need to make a very good font (can be done and create it in .otf/.ttf) and very good reference for translation.

It is definitely an idea I might look into in my spare time. (creating a base for the translating process not the actual font and translation)

EDIT:

Here is a quick test, this does not use any javascript (except for the interactive demo)

Basically it uses the @font-face capability in css3 to add the custom font to a h1 tag (or any other if you wish)

as long as you use <h1 class="alethi"> for the h1 class then it will work it isn't very accurate though.

here is the git:

https://github.com/RPSource/Alethi

EDIT 2:

Finally check it on github:

http://rpsource.github.com/Alethi/

Edited by Shuyinsan