Cosmere trivia- Levels

On 11/4/2023 at 5:41 PM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Who is a character in AoN?

On 11/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, Aetherbound said:

The OG midnight aether?

Incorrect - Raeth (AoN Spoilers)

Spoiler

What eventually became Midnight Aether in Canon was Night Aether in AoN. And the "OG" Aether behiind it was not a character for the story just as the Prime Aether for Midnight is not a "Character" for Tress

On 11/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, Aetherbound said:

Name 2 planets in the threnodite system.

Threnody and Elegy

Name three terms, previously specific to a Shardworld, that become generic terms as Arcanists come to understand the fundamental Realmatic theory behind those terms.

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 5:29 AM, Treamayne said:

Incorrect - Raeth (AoN Spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

What eventually became Midnight Aether in Canon was Night Aether in AoN. And the "OG" Aether behiind it was not a character for the story just as the Prime Aether for Midnight is not a "Character" for Tress

Threnody and Elegy

Name three terms specific to a Shardworld that become gerneric terms as Arcanists come to understand the fundamental Ralmatics behind those terms.

What...

15 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

What...

Sorry, I somehow missed the spelling errors - fixed:

On 11/9/2023 at 5:29 AM, Treamayne said:

Name three terms, previously specific to a Shardworld, that become generic terms as Arcanists come to understand the fundamental Realmatic theory behind those terms.

2 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Sorry, I somehow missed the spelling errors - fixed:

1 hour ago, OokIa the Believer said:

Not it. ( to answer the question)

It's been a while, so probably time to reset the game (IAW OP

So, the previous was: Awakening, Fabrial, Bondsmithing (Elsecalling, Soulcasting, Lightweaving, etc.)

WoBs:

Spoiler

Argent

There's smoke involved, there's eating of souls, there's a whole bunch of things. So what I do want to ask is: <Redacted SP Spoiler> Awakened using Breaths, using Nalthian Awakening? Or are you using Awakening as Lightweaving or Bondsmithing which is an overarching system in the Cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson

It's the second. This wouldn't exist in the pre-space-age as much; by space age there's a certain terminology that is going between... basically it's starting with the arcanists and moving to the general population. What certain themes in the Cosmere magics mean. <Redacted SP Spoiler>

FirstSelector

So, do you have a name, like an in-world name for a large magical construction, like the things that picks Elantrians?

Brandon Sanderson

That was why I invented the term "fabrial." It will become widespread eventually, as the term for meaning, kind of, magic-type devices in the cosmere. That's not what you call it right now, but you can start calling them all fabrials.

Oathbringer San Francisco signing (Nov. 15, 2017)

Argent

Then the term Bondsmith. To me it seems like she's talking about Ishar and the Ashyn stuff. So would they use Bondsmith to describe him in that place?

Argent

And that would be maybe the power of Connection, the way Lightweaving is the power of illusion?

Brandon Sanderson

So one other thing to keep aware of in the cosmere - for instance they call "Lightweaving" any illusion-based magic working on the same fundamentals. And so you could argue - and people will use it that way in-world - that Bondsmithing is both an order [of Knights Radiant] and a power that exists outside the order.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. And for instance, there were not Elsecallers to get people between Ashyn and Roshar, but on Roshar they would explain what happened there as Elsecalling. 

New Question - On which minor Shardworld does the story Sixth of the Dusk take place?

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG/Spoiler

8 hours ago, Treamayne said:

It's been a while, so probably time to reset the game (IAW OP

So, the previous was: Awakening, Fabrial, Bondsmithing (Elsecalling, Soulcasting, Lightweaving, etc.)

WoBs:

Hide contents

New Question - On which minor Shardworld does the story Sixth of the Dusk take place?

First of the sun,

Which Unmade were in Kolinar in Oathbringer.

Edited by OokIa the Believer

5 hours ago, ..... said:

what are sazed's powers

First he was a full feruchemist, then he took the shards of ruin and preservation becoming a shard of Adonalsium, however, his powers are limited because of the opposing nature of the two shards that make up Harmony.

What is Dox’s famous quote that he speaks in eastern street slang?

6 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

The Ashmounts!

What’s up with Sel’s Cognitive Realm?

the entirity of two shards, devotion and dominion have been stuffed there

how many alloys of aluminum did vin test before duraluminum was discovered

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Question?

The question was this:

On 12/11/2023 at 4:52 PM, ..... said:

how many alloys of aluminum did vin test before duralumin was discovered

My aside was clarifying which was meant to be asked:

On 12/11/2023 at 5:42 PM, Treamayne said:

do you mean how many bad alloys did she try before the good alloy

Sorry I did not come back and answer, but it was four bad alloys before Duralumin (Five total - WoA Ch 5):

Spoiler

“Looks like I’m lucky,” Vin said, extinguishing the duralumin. “Terion came up with forty different alloys he thought we could try, once we had enough aluminum. This was only the fifth.”

“Forty?” Elend asked incredulously. “I wasn’t aware that there were so many metals you could make an alloy from!”

“You don’t have to have two metals to make an alloy,” Vin said absently. “Just one metal and something else. Look at steel—it’s iron and carbon.”

“Forty…” Elend repeated. “And you would have tried them all?”

Vin shrugged. “Seemed like a good place to start.”

What is (at least) one of the two Darkside animals mentioned as associated with Starmarks?

On 1/15/2024 at 8:44 PM, Treamayne said:

The question was this:

My aside was clarifying which was meant to be asked:

Sorry I did not come back and answer, but it was four bad alloys before Duralumin (Five total - WoA Ch 5):

Reveal hidden contents

“Looks like I’m lucky,” Vin said, extinguishing the duralumin. “Terion came up with forty different alloys he thought we could try, once we had enough aluminum. This was only the fifth.”

“Forty?” Elend asked incredulously. “I wasn’t aware that there were so many metals you could make an alloy from!”

“You don’t have to have two metals to make an alloy,” Vin said absently. “Just one metal and something else. Look at steel—it’s iron and carbon.”

“Forty…” Elend repeated. “And you would have tried them all?”

Vin shrugged. “Seemed like a good place to start.”

What is (at least) one of the two Darkside animals mentioned as associated with Starmarks?

I haven’t read white sand, and I think novey else tlinows this one… so reset!

(sorry treayme)

What is on Sel?

• 2 weeks later...

On Roshar, it was a time when the Vorin church ruled everything (in the East at least), from the aftermath of the Recreance until Sunmaker toppled them.

What were the names of the Five Scholars from Warbreaker?