J. Magi

On 2/11/2024 at 3:56 PM, Just-A-Stick said:

What's your favorite breakfast food??

Probably something absurdly unhealthy-- like danish's or those bear claw pastries lol. Bagels are up there too, of course.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, Boomerang Guy said:

Wiled guess but is your favorite Zelda game Majora's Mask?

Heheheh how did you know that . . .

Okay, technically it is. The problem being that I actually haven't ever played it. I have however, watched a lot of play-throughs and sat with my own sister when she played it. So I've had a lot of experience with it lol. The story and art direction of Majoras Mask is phenomenal, but I haven't played the game so I don't have an opinion of the mechanics yet. 

Favorite Zelda that I have played so far is probably Skyward Sword. 

On 2/16/2024 at 10:54 AM, justice magician said:

Heheheh how did you know that . . .

Okay, technically it is. The problem being that I actually haven't ever played it. I have however, watched a lot of play-throughs and sat with my own sister when she played it. So I've had a lot of experience with it lol. The story and art direction of Majoras Mask is phenomenal, but I haven't played the game so I don't have an opinion of the mechanics yet. 

Favorite Zelda that I have played so far is probably Skyward Sword. 

What can I say....🤪

Skyward sword is fantastic. And I highly suggest playing MM eventually. 

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Do you hunt lynels like i do? (In botw and totk) @justice magician :]

. . . . no

Im really bad at video games lol, so I usually just avoid the hard stuff . . . . I think I've defeated a lynel once or twice, but usually I just give up lol

2 minutes ago, justice magician said:

. . . . no

Im really bad at video games lol, so I usually just avoid the hard stuff . . . . I think I've defeated a lynel once or twice, but usually I just give up lol

i- I have killed every lynel on totk once, before a bloodmoon :P 

only lynels for some reason :P 

26 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

i- I have killed every lynel on totk once, before a bloodmoon :P 

only lynels for some reason :P 

That's impressive! One day I have to be really good at the game but . . . for now I'm still a coward lol

Just now, Wierdo said:

AAA- SLANG FROM MY GENERATION! AAAAAA-

lol

fun fact I'm the only gen z person in my household so whenever I use slang at home all my family members look at me like I'm insane

Just now, justice magician said:

lol

fun fact I'm the only gen z person in my household so whenever I use slang at home all my family members look at me like I'm insane

Lol, i use a little bit of slang- never 'slay' or 'queen','king' etc though :P 

2 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Lol, i use a little bit of slang- never 'slay' or 'queen','king' etc though :P 

I don't use it much either lol, but it leaks out sometimes ;)

4 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Lol *pat*

Favorite pokemon game?/pokemon?

I've never actually played Pokemon . . . I have stricter parent's who didn't approve of it *shrug*

I did have a couple cards though, and my fav was always Squirtle

Just now, justice magician said:

I've never actually played Pokemon . . . I have stricter parent's who didn't approve of it *shrug*

I did have a couple cards though, and my fav was always Squirtle

Huh, i'm asking because i am playing ir rn in class lol

9 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

JM! Do you play DND?

That's a complicated answer hmmm

I love dnd and I have played it before, but I don't get to play it very often because I don't have an irl group to play with. I used to play with my family a few times a year but we've all gotten too busy. Plus, my older brother who was DMing for us has started DMing officially for a local game shop, so he can't do it for us anymore. My sister's fiance did start a campaign with me and my siblings that was more homebrew (he even gave us miniatures for it) but he and my sister live out of state so they don't come over very often and we've only played once so far.

I tried going to my schools dnd club and . . . it was an experience to say the least. Imagine one classroom full of 50-60 people, and there's only 4 DM's to split them between. Not to mention the uh . . . lack of hygiene from my fellow nerds, which was a bit of a deal breaker for me.

We also have a PM dnd group here on the Shard that's been going since last summer which is pretty fun, but like rp's on the Shard it's a lot slower paced than normal irl dnd would be.

So yeah! I love dnd! I think it's awesome! But I don't really play it that much . . .

10 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Also do you agree with me that the modern slang is just dumb?

Alternatively, I think it's fine, if not completely natural. Language is meant to change and progress over time, as times and people change. It shouldn't be held to the golden standard of 'if you don't speak like my grandfather, your stupid.' Every generation has it's slang, and so does mine. 

Shakespeare's 'modern slang' literally made a large amount of today's 'proper' English.

Do I use the slang? Sometimes, though perhaps not as much as my fellow gen z. It's a manner of using some words to express some things and some words to express others, I guess. Sometimes, the slang will convey my feelings better, and other times, words from the oxford dictionary will feelings better. It's a matter of situation.

Sorry that was a bit long winded, but langauge really interests me, and I think how it morphs and changes over time is kind of beautiful.

(That being said, I do dislike how sometimes modern speech can be more disrespectful . . . there's cursing and disrespect in every generation so I don't know if it's worse now then before, but either way I wish people were kinder with they're words.)

2 hours ago, justice magician said:

Alternatively, I think it's fine, if not completely natural. Language is meant to change and progress over time, as times and people change. It shouldn't be held to the golden standard of 'if you don't speak like my grandfather, your stupid.' Every generation has it's slang, and so does mine. 

Shakespeare's 'modern slang' literally made a large amount of today's 'proper' English.

Do I use the slang? Sometimes, though perhaps not as much as my fellow gen z. It's a manner of using some words to express some things and some words to express others, I guess. Sometimes, the slang will convey my feelings better, and other times, words from the oxford dictionary will feelings better. It's a matter of situation.

Sorry that was a bit long winded, but langauge really interests me, and I think how it morphs and changes over time is kind of beautiful.

(That being said, I do dislike how sometimes modern speech can be more disrespectful . . . there's cursing and disrespect in every generation so I don't know if it's worse now then before, but either way I wish people were kinder with they're words.)

THANK YOU!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!

Languages are so cool 

Which leads me to my question,

If you could learn any language right now, what would it be and why?

Edited by Wittles