[HOLIDAY] IS COMING!!!

Ancient Elantrian

28 minutes ago, Lord Gregorio said:

Oh ya. I forgot about that. Cool. What's the whole point of that holiday again? Is like celebrating your lost loved ones? That's what I learned from Coco, lol.

Yep, basically. You're remembering the people who came before you. 

It's pretty neat, actually.

I normally watch Coco today, it's an amazing movie.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 11:28 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

*GASP*
Pumpkin cheesecake?! I’m interested!

Yes, not just Halloween. I figure we don’t want a new thread for every holiday, and not everyone celebrates every holiday, so having one for all the holidays would be nice.

On 10/9/2023 at 11:11 AM, Treamayne said:

Here you go. . . 

Pumpkin Cheesecake:

Here's the result:

Spoiler

Pumpkin_Cheesecake2.thumb.jpg.1c910d3b086f3b981e8ec054142cfccd.jpg

Christmas is coming!!!! (Okay not really there's still like a month but whatever) I'm so excited because I get two weeks off from school, I don't have to work, and I'm going to visit my uncle's family and go skiing for part of it. Soon the Christmas/winter themed baking will begin in our house, so I will probably have recipes/pictures soon.

Edited by Ookla the Sibling

7 hours ago, Ookla the Sibling said:

Christmas is coming!!!! (Okay not really there's still like a month but whatever) I'm so excited because I get two weeks off from school, I don't have to work, and I'm going to visit my uncle's family and go skiing for part of it. Soon the Christmas/winter themed baking will begin in our house, so I will probably have recipes/pictures soon.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat! It’s time to put a penny in that old man’s hat!

Nobody else knows the song…no…just me?

Also, you get two weeks?! Lucky! I only get one week off. One measly week.

9 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I wish I could eat that.

Thank you. The recipe was in the quoted thread - Linked Here too.

I also do a holiday Pumpkin Cookie:

Spoiler

Pre-prep: 

• Preheat oven to 375 (190 C) degrees  

Ingredients:

Spoiler

Dry Ingredients:

• 3 cups All purpose flour
  • 3 tsp Baking Powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt (to taste)
  • 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon (to taste)
  • Optional:
    • Nutmeg, Clove, Ginger (to taste)

"Wet" Ingredients:

• 1x 15oz can cooked pumpkin (not "pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1.5 cup Granulate Sugar
  • 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tbsp Milk
    • 1.5 tsp Baking Soda

Optional:

• Chocolate Chips
  • Raisins / Nuts
  • Powdered Sugar

Directions:

Spoiler

Dry Ingredients:

Add 1 cup flour, salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp ground cinnamon (and any optional spices) to bowl, stir gently and repeat twice more (to prevent clumping of baking powder or cinnamon). Set aside

• Note: My personal is that each "stage" I add a few dashes of one other spice - Cinnamon and nutmeg at the first "layer", cinnamon and clove in the second, cinnamon and a small dash of ginger in the third

Wet ingredients:

Add sugar and pumpkin to bowl and mix (stand mixer or hand mixer) on Med until all sugar is incorporated and mixture is aerated. Reduce speed to low (or med-low) and add vanilla and 1/2 of the oil, and 1 egg mixing until fully in corporated. Stir the baking soda into the milk until dissolved, then add to pumpkin mixture with remaining oil and second egg, mixing until the smooth.

Add the flour to the mixer 1/2 cup at a time and scrape down sides periodically (as needed) until all ingredients are mixed. Batter color should lighten with each addition of flour and the final batter should be thick and a bit "sticky."

If adding optional ingredients (chips, nuts, or fruit), stir them in now.

Place by rounded tablespoon (I use a meatball scoop) on the cookie sheet in 2" spacing and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

• My technique is I make the first tray and place on the center rack with a seven minute timer - when that goes off, I move it to the top rack and put the new tray on the center rack. Six Minute timer. Check the top rack is done (cooked through and slightly browned bottom) and remove cookies to cool - add more batter. Repeat 
    • The goal being that the new rack always goes to the center - so every six minutes a tray comes out, 1 minute to empty the tray and add new batter, switch trays and another six minutes - so the average is 13 minutes per sheet. 

If making plain cookies, you can dust the tops with powdered sugar after they have cooled for at least 10 minutes. 

• Note: If using chips other than Dark Chocolate or Semi-sweet - be sure to check their melting point. Some chips (like White Chocolate chips) have such a low melting point that they will melt holes through the cookies when baked at 375 degrees - so you would need to experiment with times and temperatures to make them work. 

PumpkinCookies.thumb.jpg.cb3a7ea4df97e69d650e4ba8fac2875f.jpg

@Ookla the Prehistoric - Picture added

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG/Picture

2 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Hide contents

Pre-prep: 

Ingredients:

Reveal hidden contents

Dry Ingredients:

• 3 tsp Baking Powder
  • Optional:

"Wet" Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tbsp Milk
    • 1.5 tsp Baking Soda

Optional:

• Chocolate Chips
  • Raisins / Nuts
  • Powdered Sugar

Directions:

Reveal hidden contents

Dry Ingredients:

Add 1 cup flour, salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp ground cinnamon (and any optional spices) to bowl, stir gently and repeat twice more (to prevent clumping of baking powder or cinnamon). Set aside

• Note: My personal is that each "stage" I add a few dashes of one other spice - Cinnamon and nutmeg at the first "layer", cinnamon and clove in the second, cinnamon and a small dash of ginger in the third

Wet ingredients:

Add sugar and pumpkin to bowl and mix (stand mixer or hand mixer) on Med until all sugar is incorporated and mixture is aerated. Reduce speed to low (or med-low) and add vanilla and 1/2 of the oil, and 1 egg mixing until fully in corporated. Stir the baking soda into the milk until dissolved, then add to pumpkin mixture with remaining oil and second egg, mixing until the smooth.

Add the flour to the mixer 1/2 cup at a time and scrape down sides periodically (as needed) until all ingredients are mixed. Batter color should lighten with each addition of flour and the final batter should be thick and a bit "sticky."

Place by rounded tablespoon (I use a meatball scoop) on the cookie sheet in 2" spacing and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

• My technique is I make the first tray and place on the center rack with a seven minute timer - when that goes off, I move it to the top rack and put the new tray on the center rack. Six Minute timer. Check the top rack is done (cooked through and slightly browned bottom) and remove cookies to cool - add more batter. Repeat 
    • The goal being that the new rack always goes to the center - so every six minutes a tray comes out, 1 minute to empty the tray and add new batter, switch trays and another six minutes - so the average is 13 minutes per sheet. 

If making plain cookies, you can dust the tops with powdered sugar after they have cooled for at least 10 minutes. 

• Note: If using chips other than Dark Chocolate or Semi-sweet - be sure to check their melting point. Some chips (like White Chocolate chips) have such a low melting point that they will melt holes through the cookies when baked at 375 degrees - so you would need to experiment with times and temperatures to make them work. 

YUMMMMM

I will try and convince my mom to let me make that 🤞

On 11/29/2023 at 8:16 AM, Treamayne said:

Hide contents

Pre-prep: 

Ingredients:

Reveal hidden contents

Dry Ingredients:

• 3 tsp Baking Powder
  • Optional:

"Wet" Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tbsp Milk
    • 1.5 tsp Baking Soda

Optional:

• Chocolate Chips
  • Raisins / Nuts
  • Powdered Sugar

Directions:

Reveal hidden contents

Dry Ingredients:

Wet ingredients:

PumpkinCookies.thumb.jpg.cb3a7ea4df97e69d650e4ba8fac2875f.jpg

@Ookla the Prehistoric - Picture added

I need it-

that looks amazing. I love pumpkin cookies.

• 5 months later...

Mother's Day (US) is Coming. . . 

Spoiler

My mother has been disabled since 1998 and has lived with me since 2002. I'm going to send her back to our hometown so she can attend graduation for my nephew (her grandson) who will be receiving his Masters in Architecture next week (10 May)

Anyone else planning anything special for their Moms?

Edited by Treamayne
Example

3 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Hide contents

My mother has been disabled since 1998 and has lived with me since 2002. I'm going to send her back to our hometown so she can attend graduation for my nephew (her grandson) who will be receiving his Masters in Architecture next week (10 May)

Awww that's nice!

I don't have anything planned... any ideas anyone?

3 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Homemade Cheesecake is always good 

Hide contents

I also have recipes for Classic Cheesecake and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
(and you can use both to make a Marble Cheesecake)

Mate.

You are a genius.

Thank you.

🙏

12 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Hide contents

*sigh* even though i added it to my calender I completely missed the UK mothers day

when is the US one? she won't know the difference.

1 minute ago, Treamayne said:

In the US it is defined as "second Sunday in May" - So May 12 this year. . . 

thanks... time to brake the news to my dad so he can prepare.