The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Calev walked silently for a few more moments.

"I don't want to be alone," he said, "But I don't want to hurt people."

Eddie looks at him. “I know,” she says. “It’s not one or the other, believe it or not. But we can talk about this later. Right now, we need to run!”

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The ground trembles and becomes unsteady. The whole mountainside vibrates with a eerie song and Lilyana's eyes widen. "RUN!!!!" She screams, tossing the member of the group forward onto an icy slide as a hole explodes behind them. Massive serpentine shapes appear silhouetted in the dust behind them.

@The Aspiring Archivist @Experience @The Bookwyrm @Edema Rue @TheRavenHasLanded @Ancient Elantrian @Rallohir @Being of Cacophony

Rallohir lets 50 knives fall to the snow at his feet. He begins levitating them, ready for a fight

He's got like 500 now, I think I'm gonna cap it there

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Yep, most of the time! I don't really understand my feelings when they're sad. In my real life I act only happy, but RPing allows me to narrate me if I never had the happy, if that makes sense.

Just making sure you're ok

2 minutes ago, Rallohir said:

Rallohir lets 50 knives fall to the snow at his feet. He begins levitating them, ready for a fight.

I guess it makes sense that he wouldn't answer Vena, but just making sure you saw my last post. Also, she's standing right in front of the things, and I don't know if he knows that she's effectively invincible.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I guess it makes sense that he wouldn't answer Vena, but just making sure you saw my last post. Also, she's standing right in front of the things, and I don't know if he knows that she's effectively invincible.

Yeah, I saw it, we can probably get to it once the fight is over. The knives are also for his defense too

Edited by Rallohir

8 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Eddie curses and starts running, pulling out her guns.

Lilyana shouted to Eddie. "Guns mean nothing to these creatures. They're made up of pure ice and can reform their bodies if injured and can't ever truly be destroyed. We have to leave their territory as fast as we can! It's the only way!"

Elan 2 holds out a hand and two knives made of ice form in them. He throws one at the first of the serpents, acting as if the conversation he just had never happened.

I'm doing fine! He thinks. They'll think I'm weird if I have problems, I HAVE TO BE fine! No more talking about my feelings. 

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Lilyana shouted to Eddie. "Guns mean nothing to these creatures. They're made up of pure ice and can reform their bodies if injured and can't ever truly be destroyed. We have to leave their territory as fast as we can! It's the only way!"

Vena continued to stare up at the things. She began to manifest her magic, but froze. Not my purpose.

They could attack her, since she looks like a real person

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan 2 holds out a hand and two knives made of ice form in them. He throws one at the first of the serpents, acting as if the conversation he just had never happened.

I'm doing fine! He thinks. They'll think I'm weird if I have problems, I HAVE TO BE fine! No more talking about my feelings. 

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Vena continued to stare up at the things. She began to manifest her magic, but froze. Not my purpose.

The massive serpents ignore the knives and head straight for Vena. One moves to swallow her whole.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

The massive serpents ignore the knives and head straight for Vena. One moves to swallow her whole.

Elan 2 screams. "NO!" He waves his hand and Vena dematerializes, and reappears next to him.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A shield composed of several hundred knives forms in front of her, blocking the serpent's path

Edited by Rallohir

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan 2 screams. "NO!" He waves his hand and Vena dematerializes, and reappears next to him.

I didn't work. Vena wasn't material at all in the first place.

Just now, Rallohir said:

A shield composed of several hundred knives forms in front of her, blocking the serpent's path

She whipped around, seeing Rallohir. "No! Get back! I'll be okay!"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Elan 2 starts hyperventilating. "Nonononono not this not now this can't be happening."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The serpents stabs it's tail through the shield and prods mentally against her consciousness. "Who are you?"

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

As the snake stabbed the shield, the knives streaked back to Rallohir, hovering around him and Vena in a spinning vortex ball of flashing blades

Edited by Rallohir

Elan 1 begins walking straight towards one of the serpents. "KILL ME!!!" He screams at it. He throws a rock at it. "Just KILL ME! Please... I'm horrible... please kill me..."

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan 1 begins walking straight towards one of the serpents. "KILL ME!!!" He screams at it. He throws a rock at it. "Just KILL ME! Please... I'm horrible... please kill me..."

"Why ssshould I?" Hissed one of them.

Lilyana whimpered slightly and stood by Eddie.

Aster shot a look at her and Lilyana blushed but still stood next to her.

@Edema Rue

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The serpents stabs it's tail through the shield and prods mentally against her consciousness. "Who are you?"

I'm Vena, emissary of the Arbiter. Turn away from our group and let us pass!

To be clear, this is not the command, and probably won't sway them. It's just Vena trying to be valiant.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Why ssshould I?" Hissed one of them.

Lilyana whimpered slightly and stood by Eddie.

Aster shot a look at her and Lilyana blushed but still stood next to her.

@Edema Rue

Why do the people trying to kill me stop trying once I ask them to?!

“Because I’m… I’m one of those horrible people Eddie was talking about. I can’t do anything right, I’m just evil, horrible, I make the world worse by being in it. Just take me away, please…”

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Because I’m… I’m one of those horrible people Eddie was talking about. I can’t do anything right, I’m just evil, horrible, I make the world worse by being in it. Just take me away, please…”

The serpent looked at him. "Yesssss. Yessss. It would be a mercssy to ssspare you from whatssss to come." The serpent lunged forward and gobbled him up in a flash.

That work for you? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I'm Vena, emissary of the Arbiter. Turn away from our group and let us pass!

The serpents hissed derisively, "That was fooolisssh of you. We bow down to no one. Not even our own godsss which you trample under your feet." 

All the serpents lunged for Vena, cold fury reflected in their crystal ice eyes.

The serpent looked at him. "Yesssss. Yessss. It would be a mercssy to ssspare you from whatssss to come." The serpent lunged forward and gobbled him up in a flash.

The serpents hissed derisively, "That was fooolisssh of you. We bow down to no one. Not even our own godsss which you trample under your feet." 

All the serpents lunged for Vena, cold fury reflected in their crystal ice eyes.

Elan 2 screamed, and he collapsed to the floor. “NO! YOU CAN’T DIE I NEED YOU!” Tears started streaming down his face. “No…”

Calev watched in horror as Elan 1 was devoured.

Damn...what am I supposed to do here, if they're invulnerable to physical weapons?

He started draining his Starlight, strength and energy driving away the cold. He felt strong, alert.

But what can I do?

Thinking of nothing else, he summoned a rifle and fired a series of powerful shots through the heads of several of the serpents.

You'd better not ignore me this time.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Calev watched in horror as Elan 1 was devoured.

Damn...what am I supposed to do here, if they're invulnerable to physical weapons?

He started draining his Starlight, strength and energy driving away the cold. He felt strong, alert.

But what can I do?

Thinking of nothing else, he summoned a rifle and fired a series of powerful shots through the heads of several of the serpents.

You'd better not ignore me this time.

The serpents still didn't care. The ice that chipped away was slowly replaced with new ice and Lilyana whimpered some more.

@Edema Rue

Lil really needs Eddie right now, she has some deep trauma related to them :3

In panic, Vena grabbed hold of her magic, fighting the instinct telling her to let it happen as it may. I can choose now. As the serpents crashed down upon her, a single word formed that was cast into their minds. BEGONE.

A flash of blue light, brighter than the sun, illuminated the area. It tore through the serpents, inspiring terror and action. They fled immediately. Vena vanished.