The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yeah I know. Do you think you could tame it for me, Lady?" She smiles, "I know my ice is cold. I just like it that cold...or colder." Lilyana sheepishly admits.

“No, Lil, I didn’t even feel the ice,” Eddie says, panicking. “It was like an illusion. I don’t know how to cool it…”

Are there monsters Eddie can incinerate?

Edited by Edema Rue

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“No, Lil, I didn’t even feel the ice,” Eddie says, panicking. “It was like an illusion. I don’t know how to cool it…”

"O-oh," Lilyana blushed, "sorry I thought it was really fire."

There's one sneaking up behind Lilyana that only Eddie could see :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"O-oh," Lilyana blushed, "sorry I thought it was really fire."

“No, no, it—it was fire, but your ice…I could see it, but it was like there was nothing there. I didn’t even feel cold.” Then Eddie’s eyes widen as she notices one of the spiked ice monsters coming up behind Lilyana. “Hold very, very still,” she murmurs, pulling out a gun. She aims it over Lilyana’s head, then focuses and mentally lights the gunpowder…

Her hand, and gun, explode in a burst of flames, sending flaming debris in every direction. She curses. “I liked that gun!” Then, suddenly, the monster is engulfed in flames.

45 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“But maybe…maybe she was right to take it. The second I got it back, the first thing I did was scream at you.”

The boy looked up at the sky, blinking at the falling snowflakes. I knew I should’ve just worked at Wendy’s this summer. “Because hurt doesn’t last forever. They’ll forgive you for anything you’ve done, incredible as that may seem. Humans are bizarre and incredible.”

“Is that… really true?”

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Is that… really true?”

“Yeah,” the boy says, smiling. “Last year I crashed my dad’s car, completely totaled it, hurt another guy pretty bad…now that guy’s my best friend.”

“No, no, it—it was fire, but your ice…I could see it, but it was like there was nothing there. I didn’t even feel cold.” Then Eddie’s eyes widen as she notices one of the spiked ice monsters coming up behind Lilyana. “Hold very, very still,” she murmurs, pulling out a gun. She aims it over Lilyana’s head, then focuses and mentally lights the gunpowder…

Her hand, and gun, explode in a burst of flames, sending flaming debris in every direction. She curses. “I liked that gun!” Then, suddenly, the monster is engulfed in flames.

Lilyana freezes and turns around. "Thank you once again Eddie." She smiles at her, "it seems I'm always in your debt for saving my life."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

“Yeah,” the boy says, smiling. “Last year I crashed my dad’s car, completely totaled it, hurt another guy pretty bad…now that guy’s my best friend.”

“Do… do I really deserve that?”

6 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Lilyana freezes and turns around. "Thank you once again Eddie." She smiles at her, "it seems I'm always in your debt for saving my life."

Eddie nodded distractedly, looking at her hands. “One of those almost killed me earlier. Now it’s not even an inconvenience.” 

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Do… do I really deserve that?”

“Of course,” the boy said. “Everyone makes mistakes, man. I’m sure you haven’t done anything too horrible.”

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“What, did you miss me coming back covered in blood?” Eddie asks sarcastically.

"No! It's just...I don't know. These last few days have been a blur." She rubbed her eyes tiredly, "we should be able to rest once we find the next town."

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Eddie nodded distractedly, looking at her hands. “One of those almost killed me earlier. Now it’s not even an inconvenience.” 

“Of course,” the boy said. “Everyone makes mistakes, man. I’m sure you haven’t done anything too horrible.”

"My brother is dead because of me. I've tried to sacrifice people." Elan says. "I don't deserve anything good."

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"No! It's just...I don't know. These last few days have been a blur." She rubbed her eyes tiredly, "we should be able to rest once we find the next town."

“I know,” Eddie said softly. “I know. Let’s go find that town then, yeah?”

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"My brother is dead because of me. I've tried to sacrifice people." Elan says. "I don't deserve anything good."

I really should have taken that job at Wendy’s… “Look, man,” the boy says. “I’m not a professional, maybe you should get a therapist to really help you, but…blaming yourself for things that happen is never a good idea, like, stuff will happen, and just because it did doesn’t mean you’re to blame. And even if you are, well, you already feel bad about it, and you won’t do it again…”

I really should have taken that job at Wendy’s… “Look, man,” the boy says. “I’m not a professional, maybe you should get a therapist to really help you, but…blaming yourself for things that happen is never a good idea, like, stuff will happen, and just because it did doesn’t mean you’re to blame. And even if you are, well, you already feel bad about it, and you won’t do it again…”

"I can't do it again if I'm dead either." Elan noted. 

"Yeah," yawns Lilyana. "That sounds really nice. We should get the others first though."

She offers her hand to Eddie and waits, hoping Eddie will take it.

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I can't do it again if I'm dead either." Elan noted. 

“But if you’re dead, you can’t do any good, either.”

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yeah," yawns Lilyana. "That sounds really nice. We should get the others first though."

She offers her hand to Eddie and waits, hoping Eddie will take it.

Eddie hesitates, then takes it. Her hand is burning hot, like a metal pan. “Everyone!” She calls. “We’re…uh…going to find a village. If you’re coming…come?”

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"That's still doesn't make me special. Nor does it mean I'd be any good in... that sort of relationship."

"You are special, I'd say you're more unique than any other person here, not counting the platypus, anyway. And there's no such thing as being "good" at a relationship. A relationship could be two people hardly see each other, or a couple who hangs out so often they're never apart. A relationship is more about how the individuals feel about each other and themselves."

1 minute ago, Rallohir said:

"You are special, I'd say you're more unique than any other person here, not counting the platypus, anyway. And there's no such thing as being "good" at a relationship. A relationship could be two people hardly see each other, or a couple who hangs out so often they're never apart. A relationship is more about how the individuals feel about each other and themselves."

Vena shook her head. "You'll hate it. Whatever it is, it won't work with someone like me in it."

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Eddie hesitates, then takes it. Her hand is burning hot, like a metal pan. “Everyone!” She calls. “We’re…uh…going to find a village. If you’re coming…come?”

Lilyana doesn't seem to mind as her hand radiates a burning cold.

"Yes it should be this way!" She gently pulls Eddie towards the path down the mountain, to the less snowy parts. 

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Lilyana doesn't seem to mind as her hand radiates a burning cold.

"Yes it should be this way!" She gently pulls Eddie towards the path down the mountain, to the less snowy parts. 

Eddie follows, still looking distracted.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Someone who hasn't had the chance to learn to be a person. Someone who doesn't know how these things work."

"You think I know how any of this works? That's what makes a relationship so wonderful. It malleable, you can change it for the individual, and if we don't understand it, then we help each other figure it out, step by step, working in tandem as a unit."