The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

Mike opens the door of the tavern and steps into the morning light. 

A figure in a dark cloak stood nearby. It might have been watching him, but it was impossible to tell. Their face was hidden beneath a hood.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A figure in a dark cloak stood nearby. It might have been watching him, but it was impossible to tell. Their face was hidden beneath a hood.

Mike began to walk towards a path that led out of the town, unaware of anyone watching him.

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The figure walked out of sight.

Mike walks slowly along the path, nobody else in sight.

He walks for about 10 minutes until he reaches a canyon. He looks around to make sure no one else is around. A bird begins to sing in the distance.

I'm going to miss that sound. But it's better this way. I won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Mike steps up to the canyon edge and looks down. Hundreds of feet below a river flows at the canyon floor.

I'm coming home Dad.

Mike places a foot into the empty air.

Just now, Experience said:

Mike walks slowly along the path, nobody else in sight.

He walks for about 10 minutes until he reaches a canyon. He looks around to make sure no one else is around. A bird begins to sing in the distance.

I'm going to miss that sound. But it's better this way. I won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Mike steps up to the canyon edge and looks down. Hundreds of feet below a river flows at the canyon floor.

I'm coming home Dad.

Mike places a foot into the empty air.

Someone grabbed his arm and pulled him back. It was a figure cloaked in dark gray and black.

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Finally,” Wren says, laughing. “I should’ve tried that a long time ago. Just didn’t expect it to work on…whatever she is.” He shrugged and hopped out of the tree, grabbing something out of his pocket and talking into it. “Thorn? I know you hate these things, uh…want to come get me? I got the one who’s been following us.”

@The Wandering Wizard

A low guttural growling and the howling of angry wind flew back through it.

Soon enough Thorn landed from the sky with Lilyana and Eddie and pulls out a second set of handcuffs. Cuffing one hand from Lil and Eddie to Aster.

@Aeoryi

Hehehe the love 🔺️ is cuffed in a triangle :P

Someone grabbed his arm and pulled him back. It was a figure cloaked in dark gray and black.

Mike lost his balance and tripped as someone grabbed his arm, stopping him from plummeting below.

He looks up to see a figure in a dark cloak, and can't help but think how he failed at even the most simple thing. 

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

A low guttural growling and the howling of angry wind flew back through it.

Soon enough Thorn landed from the sky with Lilyana and Eddie and pulls out a second set of handcuffs. Cuffing one hand from Lil and Eddie to Aster.

@Aeoryi

Hehe yep. Uh... Where is that platypus btw?

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Mike lost his balance and tripped as someone grabbed his arm, stopping him from plummeting below.

He looks up to see a figure in a dark cloak, and can't help but think how he failed at even the most simple thing. 

"You shouldn't do that," the figure said.

"I've already had a second chance. And a third chance. I failed at both. I just...can't anymore."

"You're wracked with guilt. But this won't fix anything for them, you know. And anything you could do to make it better can't happen if you die."

"You're wracked with guilt. But this won't fix anything for them, you know. And anything you could do to make it better can't happen if you die."

"It's better that I don't interfere. I'll only make things worse for them. Plus, why do you care?"

"You haven't made things worse. You healed them. I saw you."

"I-"

Maybe...no. I can't go through this all again.

"I couldn't stop them from taking Eddie. Or Lil. It doesn't matter if I healed someone. Whenever I become attached, people get hurt. I- I can't do this anymore."

"I-"

Maybe...no. I can't go through this all again.

"I couldn't stop them from taking Eddie. Or Lil. It doesn't matter if I healed someone. Whenever I become attached, people get hurt. I- I can't do this anymore."

"They would have been hurt anyway. And more people would have been, if you weren't there."

"You don't know me. Or anything about my curse."

Mike pauses for a moment.

"Look, I appreciate it, but I've made me decision. I'm done."

The figure went silent, and let him go, stepping away.

He can go ahead, but it might not work :ph34r:

The figure went silent, and let him go, stepping away.

Mike watched as the figure stepped away. He hesitated a moment, but his decision had been made. He stepped off the edge once more.

Either way. If he ends up falling all the way he'll survive cuz magic healing. He doesn't know that tho.

Mike watched as the figure stepped away. He hesitated a moment, but his decision had been made. He stepped off the edge once more.

Then, the world shifted. As he began to fall, everything seemed to tilt, so what was once back became down. He ended up sprawled on the edge of the canyon, somehow back where he started. How that possibly could have worked spatially was lost to him in the disorientation.

Then, the world shifted. As he began to fall, everything seemed to tilt, so what was once back became down. He ended up sprawled on the edge of the canyon, somehow back where he started. How that possibly could have worked spatially was lost to him in the disorientation.

Mike hit his head on the canyon wall as he fell onto it, but healed immediately.

He came to a stop and tried to stand up. He fell to his knees, the unusual view too much to take in.

What the Shades is happening?!