The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

Eddie turned back to him. "Lil and Aster were exploring, and they came upon an artifact that altered their memories. Then, when I went to visit, it tried to change mine too. It must be having an effect on you."

Eddie nodded. "I can fix his the way I fixed yours."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

"Easy, easy, it'll just remove the artifact's effects from your mind,  make everything right again. That's what you want, right?" She looked to Anna for reassurance.

Both Lilyana and Anna nodded encouragingly at her.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

"I'm eighteen, by my own world's reckoning," Calev said before the cocoon ate him. "I don't know if that counts as 'of age' here or not."

Up to you! Eddie resisted it, and accidentally rewrote some of her mom's memories too. It could give him multiple personalities, or make it hard for him to realize what's real and what's not. It probably needs to have some effect, but what that is and how much is up to you. Or if you really don't want to, he can resist it.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Not as far as I know. Is there a problem?

"No, it's just a little... unexpected. Did Cinder really attack you? That doesn't seem like something she would do..." 

I have to go now :( 

Crap to do :( 

I'll probably be on tomorrow

😛 

bye, y'all  

1 minute ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

"No, it's just a little... unexpected. Did Cinder really attack you? That doesn't seem like something she would do..." 

Who is Cinder?

Just now, Ookla the foolish said:

“Well I am too. Is there anything you want to know about me?”

"Why do you have those feelings? I still just... I'm confused."

The wrongness returned.

It felt right, and that's why it hurt. 

How long had it been since he felt safe?

Felt happy?

The memories this time made sense. Yes, his family was dead, but he had friends...friends who loved him, helped him. He had a place at the University. He was the only Lightwielder there, so he actually got to teach a little, about distant worlds and alien magics. Along with classes he found engaging and interesting.

He wanted to accept it...so badly...

But the Makers. But Sevri...

Could he really leave her?

Maybe he could.

Tears ran down his face, tears that no one could see.

Why...is it so hard...to choose?

Great, now I have to decide.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

The wrongness returned.

Felt happy?

The memories this time made sense. Yes, his family was dead, but he had friends...friends who loved him, helped him. He had a place at the University. He was the only Lightwielder there, so he actually got to teach a little, about distant worlds and alien magics. Along with classes he found engaging and interesting.

Maybe he could.

Oop-

Heehee it'll be fun either way :) 

Eddie looked around nervously. "We need to find a way to stop this from spreading."

imma just plot point something realllll quick.

Richard sighs. "he will be good, once he learns"

250 thousand miles away, a heartbeat within a different coccoon started to sound. bu-doom. bu-doom. bu-doom. and a single red eye opens. and it screams in mental horror at what it was created for. Sacrifice.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

The wrongness returned.

Felt happy?

Maybe he could.

Aster confronted Calev, "Hey, can I talk to you in private?"

Just now, Ookla the Believer said:

Eddie looked around nervously. "We need to find a way to stop this from spreading."

The conflict tearing at him seemed to last for eternity.

Then he remembered something Mother had said.

"No, it's not easy. But we don't do things because they're easy. We do things because they're right."

Was it easy to dwell in a false happiness? Yes.

Was it right?

...That was unclear.

But was it right to leave his sister in the hands of the Makers?

No.

With this resolution, he studied the memories that assaulted him. And slowly, carefully, he began to absorb them. Not as memories, but as information. Knowledge. He learned how the university worked, what classes he'd been "teaching", his relationships and how they worked.

But he didn't accept them as truth. Not as history, but as a tool, to gain information, and eventually help these people break out of whatever prison they were in.

Calev emerged from the cocoon, his eyes red and swollen from the tears.

3 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

250 thousand miles away, a heartbeat within a different coccoon started to sound. bu-doom. bu-doom. bu-doom. and a single red eye opens. and it screams in mental horror at what it was created for. Sacrifice.

...This could theoretically fit with a lore element I have in Calev's backstory...

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

"There's something wrong about this, Eddie. I don't know what's going on anymore, but my magic is saying otherwise. It doesn't believe the memories, and I trust it more than you." 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

"No, it's not easy. But we don't do things because they're easy. We do things because they're right."

Was it right?

...That was unclear.

No.

With this resolution, he studied the memories that assaulted him. And slowly, carefully, he began to absorb them. Not as memories, but as information. Knowledge. He learned how the university worked, what classes he'd been "teaching", his relationships and how they worked.

But he didn't accept them as truth. Not as history, but as a tool, to gain information, and eventually help these people break out of whatever prison they were in.

Aster eyed Calev.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

Was it right?

...That was unclear.

No.

oooooh im interested.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"There's something wrong about this, Eddie. I don't know what's going on anymore, but my magic is saying otherwise. It doesn't believe the memories, and I trust it more than you." 

Aster eyed Calev.

He met her eyes. "What?"

Just now, Ookla of Ravens said:

oooooh im interested.

I can PM you if you want.