The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"You... Don't believe them either, do you?"

"I..." he hesitated. He was planning on acting as if he did believe, to deflect suspicion and assimilate into the society, to try to figure out what had happened.

But...maybe this way was better.

"No," he said. "I don't."

Just now, Ookla the Abstract said:

She sighed, frustrated. "I just don't get it. I don't get any of this. It doesn't make sense."

“I wish I could explain it better. You make me feel the way I do, the way you are, how you act, how you care. You are the reason.”

Just now, Ookla the Interstellar said:

"I..." he hesitated. He was planning on acting as if he did believe, to deflect suspicion and assimilate into the society, to try to figure out what had happened.

But...maybe this way was better.

"No," he said. "I don't."

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for keeping me sane."

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

The conflict tearing at him seemed to last for eternity.

Then he remembered something Mother had said.

"No, it's not easy. But we don't do things because they're easy. We do things because they're right."

Was it easy to dwell in a false happiness? Yes.

Was it right?

...That was unclear.

But was it right to leave his sister in the hands of the Makers?

No.

With this resolution, he studied the memories that assaulted him. And slowly, carefully, he began to absorb them. Not as memories, but as information. Knowledge. He learned how the university worked, what classes he'd been "teaching", his relationships and how they worked.

But he didn't accept them as truth. Not as history, but as a tool, to gain information, and eventually help these people break out of whatever prison they were in.

Calev emerged from the cocoon, his eyes red and swollen from the tears.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"There's something wrong about this, Eddie. I don't know what's going on anymore, but my magic is saying otherwise. It doesn't believe the memories, and I trust it more than you." 

Aster eyed Calev.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

"What...what are you talking about Aster?"

Lilyana shied slightly away from her, toward Eddie.

Eddie looked around at all of them, eyes wide. "I'm just trying to help," she whispered, then turned and ran.

I have to go, so...uh...no one find Eddie for a bit :) 

1 minute ago, Ookla the foolish said:

“I wish I could explain it better. You make me feel the way I do, the way you are, how you act, how you care. You are the reason.”

She stepped closer to him, examining his face with those piercing blue eyes.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

Eddie looked around at all of them, eyes wide. "I'm just trying to help," she whispered, then turned and ran.

"Eddie wait!!"

Lilyana dashed after her, determined to comfort her friend.

Hehe she won't find her for a bit :)

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for keeping me sane."

Calev nodded and smiled slightly.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

Calev watched her leave, but didn't follow.

If she's built a lie for herself, then she can't truly run from it...it's all going to come crashing down one way or another eventually.

Edited by Ookla the Interstellar
Ninja'd, edited to make sense plotwise.

Calev nodded and smiled slightly.

Calev watched her leave, but didn't follow.

If she's built a lie for herself, then she can't truly run from it...it's all going to come crashing down one way or another eventually.

Calev turned to Lilyana. He started to speak, then hesitated.

She's probably taking this just as bad as Eddie...what am I supposed to say?

"What made you realize that they were fake?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

He stepped closer to her, holding her gaze.

"I can't really say I feel the same way. I don't know what I feel, and I don't understand what you feel very well. But... I feel something. Something different." She reddened over again.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"What made you realize that they were fake?"

"Well, first, the fact that I didn't have them, they were forced on me. And second..." His eyes grew distant. "They tried to obscure my mission. Who I was, what drove me. Tried to re-write who I was." He turned and met Aster's eyes. "It was compelling. But...I can't abandon myself. Not even after all the pain I've felt."

Just now, Ookla the Abstract said:

"I can't really say I feel the same way. I don't know what I feel, and I don't understand what you feel very well. But... I feel something. Something different." She reddened over again.

“That’s ok,” Daniel said, trying to hide his reaction of sadness. That sadness instantly turned to hatred. He added it to the ever growing mountain he contained within himself. No one could know, no one could no, he couldn’t let them know how much he just wanted to die.

"Well, first, the fact that I didn't have them, they were forced on me. And second..." His eyes grew distant. "They tried to obscure my mission. Who I was, what drove me. Tried to re-write who I was." He turned and met Aster's eyes. "It was compelling. But...I can't abandon myself. Not even after all the pain I've felt."

Aster nodded solemnly. "My magic tried to warn me something was wrong. I just didn't trust it enough."

Just now, Ookla the foolish said:

“That’s ok,” Daniel said, trying to hide his reaction of sadness. That sadness instantly turned to hatred. He added it to the ever growing mountain he contained within himself. No one could know, no one could no, he couldn’t let them know how much he just wanted to die.

"I don't know if I said that the right way. There's really something. I just don't know how to describe it. But I do want to be around you, and I like it when you're near."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"I don't know if I said that the right way. There's really something. I just don't know how to describe it. But I do want to be around you, and I like it when you're near."

“Ok then,” Daniel said, keeping his voice completely level, not  letting  her hear the disbelief. Or the hatred. He couldn’t let her know, she would leave, she’d hate him.

Edited by Ookla the foolish

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Interstellar said:

Calev looked at his hand. "Magic...a strange thing, sometimes..."

He sighed. "What are we going to do about Eddie?"

"I don't know. I don't know how the non-afflicted Eddie would react, but I imagine it won't be pleasant. And I'm almost certain someone caused this, not some artifact."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

“Ok then,” Daniel said, keeping his voice completely level, not  letting  her hear the disbelief. Or the hatred. He couldn’t let her know, she would leave, she’d hate him.

"...Is there something you want to say?"

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

"I don't know. I don't know how the non-afflicted Eddie would react, but I imagine it won't be pleasant. And I'm almost certain someone caused this, not some artifact."

"Hm." Calev said. Mysteries upon mysteries...

"Let's talk to her, when we have a chance."

I probably have to go now...we'll continue this when I have time.