The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

10 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

"...Water I guess." She looked down, nudging the ground with the toe of one boot.

roy procured a glass of iced water with a few ice cubes bobbing in it and handed it over to ahna. he also tried to lay a hand on her shoulder comfortingly but felt an electric shock.

9 hours ago, Doomslug Doomslug Doomslug said:

yeah same!

16 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

"...Water I guess." She looked down, nudging the ground with the toe of one boot.

…well Eddie has a pair of guns, so…come be her friend :)

6 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy procured a glass of iced water with a few ice cubes bobbing in it and handed it over to ahna. he also tried to lay a hand on her shoulder comfortingly but felt an electric shock.

Ahna took the water, taking a sip absently. 

31 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

...😈

Calev can summon a gun out of nowhere. So...

Calev picked an apple and took a bite. It was good, which wasn't expected.

I haven't been eating a lot since I arrived here. Unless you counted the countless meals in the fake memories Eddie had tried to give him. Those were fading, like a dream, but if he stretched he could still feel them...

Calev walked towards the group. "This is all well and good, but we should really figure out what we're supposed to be doing here." He turned to Roy. "You gave us the prophecy. Is there anything else about it you can tell us? What are we supposed to do?"

@RoyalBeeMage @Doomslug Doomslug Doomslug @Anguished_One @Edema Rue

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I haven't been eating a lot since I arrived here. Unless you counted the countless meals in the fake memories Eddie had tried to give him. Those were fading, like a dream, but if he stretched he could still feel them...

Calev walked towards the group. "This is all well and good, but we should really figure out what we're supposed to be doing here." He turned to Roy. "You gave us the prophecy. Is there anything else about it you can tell us? What are we supposed to do?"

Eddie was eating an orange, and she nodded, looking pointedly at Roy. "Yeah. Is something happening, wherever your from?"

@RoyalBeeMage

Arranis sits there meditating, not eating any of the tempting fruit around him. But it looks so goodno. His eyes snap open at the start of the new conversation, "Any ideas on what we should do next?" directing the question at the Roy that was in front of him.

11 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

8 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Eddie was eating an orange, and she nodded, looking pointedly at Roy. "Yeah. Is something happening, wherever your from?"

@RoyalBeeMage

34 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis sits there meditating, not eating any of the tempting fruit around him. But it looks so goodno. His eyes snap open at the start of the new conversation, "Any ideas on what we should do next?" directing the question at the Roy that was in front of him.

“War is coming! The gods are arguing. A cilvil war between the gods and their followers. Imagine a holy crusade with the sea destroying the land. The sun burning down the sea and the earth blocking out the sky! The earth would be destroyed unless we can stop it!”

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

“War is coming! The gods are arguing. A cilvil war between the gods and their followers. Imagine a holy crusade with the sea destroying the land. The sun burning down the sea and the earth blocking out the sky! The earth would be destroyed unless we can stop it!”

"well this world will" Arranis mutters underneath his breath, fingering the sword that lay next to him, glowing softly with a light from no seen source.

Wait wut, this is EARTH? Whoa, what sort of evolution has happened?

22 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Aureole narrowed her eyes, "War between gods?" She scoffed, "There is only one true god(ess?)! The Sun! She triumphs over all other fakes! And she would never do something so destructive as evaporating a sea!" 

34 minutes ago, Doomslug Doomslug Doomslug said:

Aureole narrowed her eyes, "War between gods?" She scoffed, "There is only one true god(ess?)! The Sun! She triumphs over all other fakes! And she would never do something so destructive as evaporating a sea!" 

I think by "earth" he meant "land", not the planet.

59 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

58 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"well this world will" Arranis mutters underneath his breath, fingering the sword that lay next to him, glowing softly with a light from no seen source.

It would appear as though this planet has some powerful forces governing it... could it be why reality keeps shifting, and I keep getting yanked back in and out of reality?

Calev looked to Arranis. "Are you also from another planet?"

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

It would appear as though this planet has some powerful forces governing it... could it be why reality keeps shifting, and I keep getting yanked back in and out of reality?

Calev looked to Arranis. "Are you also from another planet?"

"ahhhh.....no I am not" he says placatingly turning away from him "Ears like a hawk" he mutters underneath his breath

3 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"ahhhh.....no I am not" he says placatingly turning away from him "Ears like a hawk" he mutters underneath his breath

Huh. "Okay."

Calev turned to Roy. "What kinds of gods are we talking about here?" He was familiar with several beings that would be considered deities. The Lightwielders had several supporting them, and in his travels across the stars he'd ran into a few more. It wasn't uncommon for important planets to have more than one, though the exact nature varied from being to being.

And if the stories are true, the Makers have a deity backing them, too... he suppressed a shudder. 

@RoyalBeeMage

1 hour ago, Doomslug Doomslug Doomslug said:

"trust me there are way way more out there!" roy said pointing out towards the sky

50 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Huh. "Okay."

Calev turned to Roy. "What kinds of gods are we talking about here?" He was familiar with several beings that would be considered deities. The Lightwielders had several supporting them, and in his travels across the stars he'd ran into a few more. It wasn't uncommon for important planets to have more than one, though the exact nature varied from being to being.

And if the stories are true, the Makers have a deity backing them, too... he suppressed a shudder. 

@RoyalBeeMage

"every single immortal from across the multiverse are coming to fight here. i don't know why this world was chosen as their battle ground but they come. the more powerful ones like your sun leading their own factions."

5 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"trust me there are way way more out there!" roy said pointing out towards the sky

"every single immortal from across the multiverse are coming to fight here. i don't know why this world was chosen as their battle ground but they come. the more powerful ones like your sun leading their own factions."

Calev started, almost choking on a bite of apple.

"Every single immortal?! Do you know how many that is? Way more than would even fit on a single planet! And why?"

34 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Calev started, almost choking on a bite of apple.

"Every single immortal?! Do you know how many that is? Way more than would even fit on a single planet! And why?"

"why? the god emperor was murderd on this world... now everyone wishes to fight for his throne and his power. favors have been pulled. alligences have been forged. not all of the war will be fought In the physical world. way more will be fought in the divine plane."

4 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis glances at them, "Well that means other universes are empty right, We could just leave this world, before it is annihilated" he says cherpily 

"they are not that empty... just empty of anyone with enough firepower to do any damage to us. you can all leave if you want. i however can not... i am one of the middle class deities meaning I have to stay and fight here."

8 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"why? the god emperor was murderd on this world... now everyone wishes to fight for his throne and his power. favors have been pulled. alligences have been forged. not all of the war will be fought In the physical world. way more will be fought in the divine plane."

"God...Emperor?"

Why have I never heard of this in all my travels?

Yay for inconsistent worldbuilding and lore!

Basically I've imagined Calev as hopping from planet to planet after his homeworld was destroyed, looking for survivors of his organization, the Lightwielders, and running from the evil group that destroyed his planet. And some of what I had in mind doesn't completely fit with this, but that's okay. We can figure out some way to explain it.

I'd just keep his backstory in mind.

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"they are not that empty... just empty of anyone with enough firepower to do any damage to us. you can all leave if you want. i however can not... i am one of the middle class deities meaning I have to stay and fight here."

"What about deities with prior obligations? Worlds to guard, people to lead? What if they have no reason to fight for his throne?"

If the ones guiding us this whole time have been lying to us about the nature of the world...

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"God...Emperor?"

Why have I never heard of this in all my travels?

"What about deities with prior obligations? Worlds to guard, people to lead? What if they have no reason to fight for his throne?"

If the ones guiding us this whole time have been lying to us about the nature of the world...

inconsistend worldbuilding is fun! i realy need to work on the roy's backstory... its extreamly inconsistend. just when i though i almost had a perfect magic system for him sigh

"why do the solders in a war fight? because their betters make them do so. most of the lesser gods myself included don't want to fight. that's why I am here. we want peace. i would rather rule over my world in peace. i am in the middle of my own war..."

this particuler roy is a rencarnation of the god Azra from the book i am writing...

I had an idea. What if this planet isn't just a planet, but it's also a huge pocket-dimension in it's own right that just is placed on a planet? That could explain why this lore wasn't known in the starting pages of the RP, and also help explain why Calev keeps getting shoved out and then pulled back in to a seemingly completely different world.

I don't know if that fits with what Eddie or anyone else had in mind though.

@Edema Rue

18 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"why do the solders in a war fight? because their betters make them do so. most of the lesser gods myself included don't want to fight. that's why I am here. we want peace. i would rather rule over my world in peace. i am in the middle of my own war..."

"I have my own war, too," Calev said. "And that's why I'm trying to leave. My sister is out there, somewhere, and I need to save her." He tossed his apple core to the ground. "I don't know if I can afford to stay here any longer. But I also don't know how to leave."

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Edema Rue

"I have my own war, too," Calev said. "And that's why I'm trying to leave. My sister is out there, somewhere, and I need to save her." He tossed his apple core to the ground. "I don't know if I can afford to stay here any longer. But I also don't know how to leave."

Ah right

I’m supposed to have things in mind

yeah that sounds cool

Eddie nodded sagely, trying to pretend she knew what they were talking about. I need to shoot something. 

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I had an idea. What if this planet isn't just a planet, but it's also a huge pocket-dimension in it's own right that just is placed on a planet? That could explain why this lore wasn't known in the starting pages of the RP, and also help explain why Calev keeps getting shoved out and then pulled back in to a seemingly completely different world.

I don't know if that fits with what Eddie or anyone else had in mind though.

Sures. But is the dimension just the planet or also the star system it's in? cuz that'll make for some rly confusing boundaries. 

"Your sister is out there?" Aureole asked, curious. "If false gods really are fighting, this is a dangerous time to be anywhere unprotected. Are you sure you want to leave? This planet may be the battlegrounds the false gods have chosen, but it is also the place She has chosen for us to live once She dies. So as long as you follow the Code, you are protected from any danger."

BTW by 'us' I mean like Aureole's race, cuz they live in The Sun, but the sun is dying, so they need a new place to stay. idk, are we all aliens?? Nobody here is human, right?

8 hours ago, Doomslug Doomslug Doomslug said:

BTW by 'us' I mean like Aureole's race, cuz they live in The Sun, but the sun is dying, so they need a new place to stay. idk, are we all aliens?? Nobody here is human, right?

My character is human. He's just from a different world.

8 hours ago, Doomslug Doomslug Doomslug said:

"Your sister is out there?" Aureole asked, curious. "If false gods really are fighting, this is a dangerous time to be anywhere unprotected. Are you sure you want to leave? This planet may be the battlegrounds the false gods have chosen, but it is also the place She has chosen for us to live once She dies. So as long as you follow the Code, you are protected from any danger."

EDIT: Removed because I misunderstood a thing.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I doubt this conflict is as universal as people are making it sound," Calev said. "And, I don't know who "She" is, but she certainly doesn't get to decide where I live. This place is not my home.

"Like I said, I have my own war to fight."

Aureole meant 'us' for her people, not 'us' for everybody on the mountain