The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"So you are asking for a fight." Aster didn't actually want to fight, but it appeared that she had to.

Wren gave her a sad smile. “That’s not what I said.” He threw a knife at her neck.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Wren gave her a sad smile. “That’s not what I said.” He threw a knife at her neck.

She dodged it easily. "You said you weren't going to give them up so easily." She sent a blast of her power at Wren. "Why are they so important to you, anyways?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Vena seemed momentarily surprised, and pulled away. The conflict in her eyes had returned. She felt worry and doubt consume her. "Are-are you sure? What if you're wrong about me? What if you just have leftover feelings and after a while you realize that I'm not deserving of... you?"

"I don't think what I'm feeling can be summarized as "leftovers". I don't understand how, but I know you, Vena. You deserve to be loved. You deser-" He cut off suddenly as another *pop* resounded in his mind, and memories flooded his mind. He saw the coast patrolman, standing in the doorway as he told us our father had passed. Then he remembered his mother, laying sick, then dead, with a sheet over her body. He remember the day his brother left him, leaving him to destitution at an orphanage. He received this information in a heartbeat, but it felt like an eternity. His heart cracked, then broke, then shattered, and he collapsed to the ground, eyes wide with shock. He didn't understand it, he couldn't. He couldn't. He couldn't. He couldn't. His heartbeat was like a drum in his head, and he was hyperventilating. 

3 minutes ago, Rallohir said:

"I don't think what I'm feeling can be summarized as "leftovers". I don't understand how, but I know you, Vena. You deserve to be loved. You deser-" He cut off suddenly as another *pop* resounded in his mind, and memories flooded his mind. He saw the coast patrolman, standing in the doorway as he told us our father had passed. Then he remembered his mother, laying sick, then dead, with a sheet over her body. He remember the day his brother left him, leaving him to destitution at an orphanage. He received this information in a heartbeat, but it felt like an eternity. His heart cracked, then broke, then shattered, and he collapsed to the ground, eyes wide with shock. He didn't understand it, he couldn't. He couldn't. He couldn't. He couldn't. His heartbeat was like a drum in his head, and he was hyperventilating. 

Then, Vena was holding him to herself, looking at him with eyes full of concern. "Rallohir? Are you okay?"

8 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

She dodged it easily. "You said you weren't going to give them up so easily." She sent a blast of her power at Wren. "Why are they so important to you, anyways?"

“We have our orders,” Wren said simply. Her power dissolved as it hit him.

Then, Vena was holding him to herself, looking at him with eyes full of concern. "Rallohir? Are you okay?"

He looked at her, "They're... gone." He didn't say anything else, but tears filled his eyes as he shook with sobs. 

“We have our orders,” Wren said simply. Her power dissolved as it hit him.

Aster raised a eyebrow when the power dissolved. "Seriously? How much are you being paid to do this?"

She sent a slightly larger blast of power at Wren, just in case the previous blast was a fluke or something 

Just now, Rallohir said:

He looked at her, "They're... gone." He didn't say anything else, but tears filled his eyes as he shook with sobs. 

I guess the kissing scene may have to continue later.

"Oh, Rallohir." She ran her hands through his hair, holding his shaking form securely against her own body. "I'm so sorry."

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Aster raised a eyebrow when the power dissolved. "Seriously? How much are you being paid to do this?"

She sent a slightly larger blast of power at Wren, just in case the previous blast was a fluke or something 

Wren snorted. “I don’t work for money.”  The power again dissipated, and as it did he flicked his wrist, and three more daggers flew at Aster.

Wren snorted. “I don’t work for money.”  The power again dissipated, and as it did he flicked his wrist, and three more daggers flew at Aster.

Aster narrowly dodged the first two, but got clipped by the second. 

"Then what do you work for?" She said.

No powers was really bad for her. Luckily, her hand to hand combat wasn't the worst (although it could be better).

She made a glowing sword out of starpower and charged at Wren.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Aster narrowly dodged the first two, but got clipped by the second. 

"Then what do you work for?" She said.

No powers was really bad for her. Luckily, her hand to hand combat wasn't the worst (although it could be better).

She made a glowing sword out of starpower and charged at Wren.

Wren didn’t answer, just grinned and ran in close, ducking under her blade and slashing with yet more daggers.

Wren didn’t answer, just grinned and ran in close, ducking under her blade and slashing with yet more daggers.

Aster reformed the sword into something long and blunt and brought it down on Wren, ignoring the daggers that hurt her.

Do the daggers also prevent powers?

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Aster reformed the sword into something long and blunt and brought it down on Wren, ignoring the daggers that hurt her.

Wren started to dodge, but hissed in pain as he got hit anyway. He twisted, falling out of reach.

Only when he’s holding them.

"Oh, Rallohir." She ran her hands through his hair, holding his shaking form securely against her own body. "I'm so sorry."

He held her back, clinging to the only sliver of hope he had left. As he sat there, the pieces of his heart began to mend, not quite fixed, but got just a little better in her embrace. She was his last and only comfort, the only thing worth living for. His sobs reduced to quiet shaking as his voice gave out. 

Wren started to dodge, but hissed in pain as he got hit anyway. He twisted, falling out of reach.

The weapon's made out of power I think it should disappear upon touching him

Aster smiled, and then advanced, swinging the blunt weapon with force towards Wren.

7 minutes ago, Rallohir said:

He held her back, clinging to the only sliver of hope he had left. As he sat there, the pieces of his heart began to mend, not quite fixed, but got just a little better in her embrace. She was his last and only comfort, the only thing worth living for. His sobs reduced to quiet shaking as his voice gave out. 

Vena just continued to hold him, caressing his hair and face tenderly, feeling his breathing and tremors. She didn't say anything; she was sure that anything she said wouldn't make it better, and would in fact likely make it worse.

She wished so badly that she could just take his pain, bear it herself. She had never felt such loss, why must he now feel it twice?

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Vena just continued to hold him, caressing his hair and face tenderly, feeling his breathing and tremors. She didn't say anything; she was sure that anything she said wouldn't make it better, and would in fact likely make it worse.

She wished so badly that she could just take his pain, bear it herself. She had never felt such loss, why must he now feel it twice?

After several moments he finally spoke, "Thank you, Vena."