The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

Just now, Experience said:

Mike hit his head on the canyon wall as he fell onto it, but healed immediately.

He came to a stop and tried to stand up. He fell to his knees, the unusual view too much to take in.

What the Shades is happening?!

To be clear, he is not on the wall of the canyon, though he'd have expected that. He just somehow ended up falling back onto the ledge.

The cloaked figure was still there, just standing.

6 minutes ago, Experience said:

"No. There will be no more pain. That is the peace I want. That is the peace I need."

The figure grabbed him arm again, but this time their hand actually exited the cloak, skin making contact. The person's hand was smoking light. A sense of immense calm flooded him, dimming his pain and weakening his resolve. "Another chance."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The figure grabbed him arm again, but this time their hand actually exited the cloak, skin making contact. The person's hand was smoking light. A sense of immense calm flooded him, dimming his pain and weakening his resolve. "Another chance."

"What th-"

A wave of calm washed over Mike. His pain didn't disappear, but his decision suddenly didn't seem like the best.

"What...what are you?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"A very ill person with the opportunity to help."

Mike was suddenly very tired. It was still early morning, but his willpower seemed to have disappeared.

"Maybe I can help you?" 

Mike reaches out to grab the figures wrist, planning to heal them.

Mike was suddenly very tired. It was still early morning, but his willpower seemed to have disappeared.

"Maybe I can help you?" 

Mike reaches out to grab the figures wrist, planning to heal them.

"I very much doubt you can. I have looked for quite a long time to find something or someone to heal myself. Most were out of reach, and all agree that my condition is now past the point of no return." They lowered their hood, exposing a head and face with indistinct features, form dilapidated and emitting the same smoky light.

How strong would you say his magic is? :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I very much doubt you can. I have looked for quite a long time to find something or someone to heal myself. Most were out of reach, and all agree that my condition is now past the point of no return." They lowered their hood, exposing a head and face with indistinct features, form dilapidated and emitting the same smoky light.

"Just...let me try."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

They sighed. "Alright. Just don't be disappointed when it fails." They spoke with an air of grim acceptance.

Mike reached out and grabbed their wrist. He took a deep breath, then snapped the magical energy within them to restore that which had been lost.

Mike reached out and grabbed their wrist. He took a deep breath, then snapped the magical energy within them to restore that which had been lost.

In response, Mike felt a powerful surge of force against him. It was pure chaos and suffering. It felt like it ate away at his being with relative ease. Mike might have assumed that he was just completely annihilated, reduced to atoms. And then... it stopped. Mike was standing there, holding the person's wrist, unmoved. The experience seemed to fade in his mind like a dream. He was unable to properly remember or understand what had just happened. He only had the faintest impression of the pure horror it had been, and the sense that remembering much more would have broken him completely.

The robed figure did not appear to have changed.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

In response, Mike felt a powerful surge of force against him. It was pure chaos and suffering. It felt like it ate away at his being with relative ease. Mike might have assumed that he was just completely annihilated, reduced to atoms. And then... it stopped. Mike was standing there, holding the person's wrist, unmoved. The experience seemed to fade in his mind like a dream. He was unable to properly remember or understand what had just happened. He only had the faintest impression of the pure horror it had been, and the sense that remembering much more would have broken him completely.

The robed figure did not appear to have changed.

Mike shook his head and found that he was slightly dizzy.

"Di- did that work?"

Mike's breath caught in his throat. 

"Oh no. Please, no no no. Not again. I can't do this anymore."

He rushes down to the figures side to check if they are still breathing.

They were. And, strangely, the glow began to fade, the smoke waning.

"No, no, no, no. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry. Please be okay. Shades, please be okay."

The light faded completely, and left behind a person, eyes open, expression lost. Whether they were a man or a woman was strangely impossible to discern. They could have been either, or perhaps neither. They had medium length black hair and deep, emerald green eyes. All in all, they were rather stunning, though it was difficult to describe why.

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The light faded completely, and left behind a person, eyes open, expression lost. Whether they were a man or a woman was strangely impossible to discern. They could have been either, or perhaps neither. They had medium length black hair and deep, emerald green eyes. All in all, they were rather stunning, though it was difficult to describe why.

Mike's breath caught again, but for a totally different reason this time.

His powers weren't supposed to do that...

Mike's breath caught again, but for a totally different reason this time.

His powers weren't supposed to do that...

Do what?

They sat up, and looked at their hands, then up at Mike. "What... That's not possible."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You healed me. I... I was dead. Or I might as well have been. It was irreversible."

"Well you're okay now. I'm Mike, what's your name?"

Mike scooted back a little as the shock was starting to wear off and he had started to notice how attractive his savior was.

"Well you're okay now. I'm Mike, what's your name?"

Mike scooted back a little as the shock was starting to wear off and he had started to notice how attractive his savior was.

"I can't tell you that. They said... they said..." They seemed rather distressed.