The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

Just now, Experience said:

Mike didn't want to let go, but did anyways. "No. It was perfect. Thank you. For...saving me."

"I guess I did do that, didn't I?" They paused. "What do I look like? My appearance has been indistinct for years now."

"Sorry. Uhm."

Mike wasn't quite sure what to say. So he decided not to say anything.

"That's alright. You're... pretty handsome yourself." They went even redder, then buried their face in their hands. "Sorry! That slipped out. I'm kind of disoriented still."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"That's alright. You're... pretty handsome yourself." They went even redder, then buried their face in their hands. "Sorry! That slipped out. I'm kind of disoriented still."

Mike turned redder than a radish. 

"No no it's all right. Uhm. Thanks?"

He found himself staring into their emerald eyes.

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Mike turned redder than a radish. 

"No no it's all right. Uhm. Thanks?"

He found himself staring into their emerald eyes.

They stared right back. "You're welcome. I did mean it." They smiled... and then froze. A faint glow appeared beneath their skin, and they looked down. "Oh. I guess it was too good to be true."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

They stared right back. "You're welcome. I did mean it." They smiled... and then froze. A faint glow appeared beneath their skin, and they looked down. "Oh. I guess it was too good to be true."

Mike paled. "Erin...? What's happening?"

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Light rose from their body like smoke. "Looks like I didn't quite heal, after all."

"No, no, no, no, no. This can't happen."

Mike grabbed their shoulder and willed them to be healed once more.

"Please work. Please work."

"No, no, no, no, no. This can't happen."

Mike grabbed their shoulder and willed them to be healed once more.

"Please work. Please work."

This time, nothing happened at all. "Well, this is quite sad, isn't it?" Erin's melancholy smile soon became lost in the light.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

This time, nothing happened at all. "Well, this is quite sad, isn't it?" Erin's melancholy smile soon became lost in the light.

Mike didn't know what to do, so he just hugged them again. 

"I'm sorry Erin. For giving you false hope."

Mike didn't know what to do, so he just hugged them again. 

"I'm sorry Erin. For giving you false hope."

They embraced him back. "It's okay. It's not your fault." The glow continued to increase, well past its former strength. Erin's body grew extremely hot to the touch, and they stumbled back. Then, they doubled over and began to scream in agony.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

They embraced him back. "It's okay. It's not your fault." The glow continued to increase, well past its former strength. Erin's body grew extremely hot to the touch, and they stumbled back. Then, they doubled over and began to scream in agony.

Mike began to hyperventilate this time. He held Erin, the burns instantly healing. 

"It's okay Erin, it's okay. I'm here with you."

Mike began to hyperventilate this time. He held Erin, the burns instantly healing. 

"It's okay Erin, it's okay. I'm here with you."

They began to convulse violently, screams continuing with a raw voice. Then they stopped, and Erin stilled to a light twitching. Mike heard a hoarse whisper. "Kill me. Please."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

They began to convulse violently, screams continuing with a raw voice. Then they stopped, and Erin stilled to a light twitching. Mike heard a hoarse whisper. "Kill me. Please."

"No, no. I can't. You'll be okay Erin. I've got you." He held them in his arms, knowing there was nothing else he could do.

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

"No, no. I can't. You'll be okay Erin. I've got you." He held them in his arms, knowing there was nothing else he could do.

Suddenly, the light faded, as though expelled from them through the smoke. Erin went still, unbreathing.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Suddenly, the light faded, as though expelled from them through the smoke. Erin went still, unbreathing.

Mike's heartbeat continued to drum in his chest. He held Erin tightly and couldn't feel them breathing.

"Please no. Shades, don't do this to me."

Mike's heartbeat continued to drum in his chest. He held Erin tightly and couldn't feel them breathing.

"Please no. Shades, don't do this to me."

After a moment that seemed to last far too long, Erin drew in a deep breath, and began to sob into Mike's shoulder.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

After a moment that seemed to last far too long, Erin drew in a deep breath, and began to sob into Mike's shoulder.

Mike breathed in relief. He pulled them in close.

"Hey, it's okay. I've got you. You're safe now."