The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

18 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A low guttural growling and the howling of angry wind flew back through it.

Soon enough Thorn landed from the sky with Lilyana and Eddie and pulls out a second set of handcuffs. Cuffing one hand from Lil and Eddie to Aster.

@Aeoryi

@Edema Rue

4 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“Thanks,” Wren said. “Ready to go?”

Thorn nodded and hovered the three captives behind them as they walked away into the night. Heading home to the mother of nightmares.

@Edema Rue

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Go ahead. I have all the time in the world now." They leaned against Mike, clearly exhausted.

"I guess my story starts before I even existed. You see, my family has a genetic magical ability to manipulate magical matter and energy, though each of us can do so in a unique way. 

"My father was...special. He couldn't manipulate the way time interacts with magical energy, but he could peer into these threads of time, effectively seeing the future. 

"People are scared of power, and his seemed very powerful to many powerful people. They completely underestimated his ability.

"Most people assume that the future is set in stone, that it can't be changed. My father... well, he proved that theory wrong."

Edited by Experience

Just now, Experience said:

"I guess my story starts before I even existed. You see, my family has a genetic magical ability to manipulate magical matter and energy, though each of us can do so in a unique way. 

"My father was...special. He couldn't manipulate the way time interacts with magical energy, but he could peer into these threads of time, effectively seeing the future. 

"People are scared of power, and his seemed very powerful to many powerful people. They completely underestimated his ability.

"Most people assume that the future is set in stone, that it can't be changed. My father... well, he proved that theory wrong."

Erin continued to lean on Mike, and watched him with interest as he told the story.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Erin continued to lean on Mike, and watched him with interest as he told the story.

"Many people tried to destroy my father. None succeeded. He knew of their plans long before his assassins ever did. He was generally an honest man, but he easily became wealthy. 

"He met my mother when they were twenty or so. She was a storyteller like none other. She loved finding unique people and writing all about them. My father was the perfect fit for her. If only she had also been the perfect fit for him.

"See, my father could see in the future at will. But he either couldn't or chose not to see certain parts of the thread. I don't blame him, he was in love. 

"They had my older brother soon after they met. I came about a year after. Two more sisters followed. We were happy. Innocent might be a better word.

"But we were safe. My father made sure of it. I didn't...know my father very well. But I do remember some things. He had the most amazing booming laughter. You couldn't help but smile when you heard it. As I grew up, I heard that wonderful sound less and less often. 

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

"Many people tried to destroy my father. None succeeded. He knew of their plans long before his assassins ever did. He was generally an honest man, but he easily became wealthy. 

"He met my mother when they were twenty or so. She was a storyteller like none other. She loved finding unique people and writing all about them. My father was the perfect fit for her. If only she had also been the perfect fit for him.

"See, my father could see in the future at will. But he either couldn't or chose not to see certain parts of the thread. I don't blame him, he was in love. 

"They had my older brother soon after they met. I came about a year after. Two more sisters followed. We were happy. Innocent might be a better word.

"But we were safe. My father made sure of it. I didn't...know my father very well. But I do remember some things. He had the most amazing booming laughter. You couldn't help but smile when you heard it. As I grew up, I heard that wonderful sound less and less often. 

Erin frowned slightly at this, but still said nothing.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Erin frowned slightly at this, but still said nothing.

How do I tell this part?

'My father saw something in me that I never saw. Or anyone else really. Most of my family had loads of magical energy within them. I had barley any. And I also couldn't manipulate it in any way. It was almost like I was adopted.

"Well, one day..."

Mike's voice trails off. The moment he tries to access the memory his mind goes blank. He shakes his head and starts again.

"Let's just say my father died when I was 13. It was because of me that he died. 

"Most people thought it was a freak accident. But my mom-"

Mike's voice caught in his throat.

"My mom, she knew. And she hated me for it. We lived a few years and life just got worse and worse for me. My mom, she tried to-"

His mind went blank.

Shades, I can't do this.

"My mother died a few years after my dad, as did my three siblings. And it-"

His voice cracked. He continues in a low whisper.

"And it was all my fault."

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

How do I tell this part?

'My father saw something in me that I never saw. Or anyone else really. Most of my family had loads of magical energy within them. I had barley any. And I also couldn't manipulate it in any way. It was almost like I was adopted.

"Well, one day..."

Mike's voice trails off. The moment he tries to access the memory his mind goes blank. He shakes his head and starts again.

"Let's just say my father died when I was 13. It was because of me that he died. 

"Most people thought it was a freak accident. But my mom-"

Mike's voice caught in his throat.

"My mom, she knew. And she hated me for it. We lived a few years and life just got worse and worse for me. My mom, she tried to-"

His mind went blank.

Shades, I can't do this.

"My mother died a few years after my dad, as did my three siblings. And it-"

His voice cracked. He continues in a low whisper.

"And it was all my fault."

Erin's eyes had filled with tears. "I'm so sorry," they whispered, and pulled him into a tight embrace. "Things can change, though. I promise they can."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Erin's eyes had filled with tears. "I'm so sorry," they whispered, and pulled him into a tight embrace. "Things can change, though. I promise they can."

No tears came to Mike's eyes, but he leaned into the embrace.

"I'm sorry. I thought I could tell you everything. It...looks like the wounds are still to fresh."

He shivered. "I know people can change. Sometimes. But I can't change what I've done. That will haunt me forever."

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

No tears came to Mike's eyes, but he leaned into the embrace.

"I'm sorry. I thought I could tell you everything. It...looks like the wounds are still to fresh."

He shivered. "I know people can change. Sometimes. But I can't change what I've done. That will haunt me forever."

"I wish I knew something I could do or say to help. But I still don't know very much about what happened... and nothing would probably help anyway."

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I wish I knew something I could do or say to help. But I still don't know very much about what happened... and nothing would probably help anyway."

Mike drew in a shaky breath.

"It's okay. Having someone to listen means the world... thank you."

Just now, Experience said:

Mike smiled. He considered asking Erin their story, but decided not to. He instead leaned his head on her shoulder. 

Their shoulder :ph34r:

Erin looked over at him. A flash of confusion crossed their face, but it quickly vanished.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Erin just continued to sit with him, waiting for whenever he decided he was ready to continue talking or walking.

He continued to rest there. His breathing began to return to normal.

Yes, I'm going to make Erin ruin his moment xD 

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Erin began to run their hands through Mike's hair idly.

Okay... That's not gonna confuse Mike at all xD

"So...I know your name is Erin, but that's about it. Want to tell me a little more about yourself?"

He smiled as they ran their hand through his hair.

7 minutes ago, Experience said:

"So...I know your name is Erin, but that's about it. Want to tell me a little more about yourself?"

He smiled as they ran their hand through his hair.

Erin doesn't understand physical social cues very well.

"I guess I could. I've been on my own for a long time. Being cursed... or, er, sick in the way that I was kept me pretty ostracized from others." 

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist