The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

2 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“No! Cinder said we could save her!” He began weeping, body shaking.

"Cinder also said that we were bad for each other, She's been wrong before...." Rex walked over to him, handing him a clean handkerchief and sitting down next to him. "I know it hurts... I've..." She trailed off, wincing and shaking her head. 

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

“I can be. That’s…what I’m doing.”

Is it? Does a title prevent that? Even the greatest rulers fall one way or another, not necessarily by death. If you someday lined in a palace you seized, could you forever make people view you as the authority? Could you stop a fire from burning it to the ground?

5 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Cinder also said that we were bad for each other, She's been wrong before...." Rex walked over to him, handing him a clean handkerchief and sitting down next to him. "I know it hurts... I've..." She trailed off, wincing and shaking her head. 

“No! There has to be a way!” He pushed her softly away from him.

- - -

“I… I don’t know. This is supposed to work.”

@The Aspiring Archivist

Edited by Lightweaver2

3 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“No! There has to be a way!” He pushed her softly away from him.

- - -

“I… I don’t know. This is supposed to work.”

@The Aspiring Archivist

I'm sorry. But it won't. It can't. No one has complete control, even those who try seize whatever fickle hierarchy exists in this brief time.

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I'm sorry. But it won't. It can't. No one has complete control, even those who try seize whatever fickle hierarchy exists in this brief time.

“I’ll…I’ll be different.”

- - -

“Why? Why her?”

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"I... I don't know. Did you love her?" Rex asked softly, looking over at the body. 

…did he? He had said he did. He did, right? “I think so.”

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

There have been immortals before. There have been those who seize political control. What makes you think you can defy the universe?

“I’m supposed to be different. They made me to be different.”

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"That's good." He began to shake slightly, and grit his teeth against the pain burning inside of him. Can't... show...

Aydri pulled out the toasted bread, and put an over easy egg on top. Then she looked up. “Cedar? You okay?”

4 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

…did he? He had said he did. He did, right? “I think so.”

“I’m supposed to be different. They made me to be different.”

"That makes it worse." Rex walked over to the body and covered the face with a small strip of cloth. "We should bury her..." 

@Lightweaver2

Edited by Just-A-Stick

2 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

"I’m supposed to be different. They made me to be different.”

Who did?

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Aydri pulled out the toasted bread, and put an over easy egg on top. Then she looked up. “Cedar? You okay?”

"...Yes," he said, voice obviously strained.

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"That makes it worse." Rex walked over to the body and covered the face with a small strip of cloth. "We should bury her..." 

“No! There has to be a way to save her!” He sobbed harder.

Who did?

“I don’t remember well. They did something to me, told me I was different, that I could be important. I just couldn’t let myself be controlled.”

“I don’t remember well. They did something to me, told me I was different, that I could be important. I just couldn’t let myself be controlled.”

The best way not to be controlled by a system is to go beyond it, not to try and climb its own ladder.

Rex walked to him, grabbing his hand and placing it against the corpse's neck. "There's no pulse. She's gone. I... I couldn't save her." Rex winced at a pain starting in her head. "I'm sorry." Rex shut her eyes against the tears dripping down her face. 

The best way not to be controlled by a system is to go beyond it, not to try and climb its own ladder.

“Are you sure?”

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Rex walked to him, grabbing his hand and placing it against the corpse's neck. "There's no pulse. She's gone. I... I couldn't save her." Rex winced at a pain starting in her head. "I'm sorry." Rex shut her eyes against the tears dripping down her face. 

“You…you couldn’t have. I should have. I should have saved her. It’s my fault. I don’t deserve to be alive.”

“Are you sure?”

“You…you couldn’t have. I should have. I should have saved her. It’s my fault. I don’t deserve to be alive.”

Quite. Because if you just try to go above everyone in the confines of the system, you are still being limited by it and all of its influences.

“Are you sure?”

"It's not your fault! It's mine! If I hadn't stopped to have a life-crisis, we would have gotten here sooner and I could have saved her! You may not kill yourself! I won't allow it!" Rex kept a tight grip on his hand. 

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Quite. Because if you just try to go above everyone in the confines of the system, you are still being limited by it and all of its influences.

“You’re… right. What have I been doing?”

Imma have her be under a slight spell so that she didn’t find this out earlier.

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"It's not your fault! It's mine! If I hadn't stopped to have a life-crisis, we would have gotten here sooner and I could have saved her! You may not kill yourself! I won't allow it!" Rex kept a tight grip on his hand. 

“It is my fault. I should have saved her before. I let her be taken. And you doing need to worry about me. I already realized I’m not strong enough.”

“You’re… right. What have I been doing?”

“It is my fault. I should have saved her before. I let her be taken. And you doing need to worry about me. I already realized I’m not strong enough.”

"That's not what I...." Rex looked at him, placing a cool hand on his forehead, feeling for a fever. "Are you feeling sick?" She eyed him closely.