The Sacrifice RP

Rallohir

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tayen managed to pull her all the way up, then relaxed, breathing heavily. "See? I-"

Just then, his tool broke free of the ice, and before either of them could react, he slid and plummeted off of the roof.

She gasped, reaching out, even though she knew she wouldn’t be able to save him. She stood, shaking, and began the long climb back down to go find his body. He would be ok, or he wouldn’t die at least. He would be in a lot of pain though.

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

She gasped, reaching out, even though she knew she wouldn’t be able to save him. She stood, shaking, and began the long climb back down to go find his body. He would be ok, or he wouldn’t die at least. He would be in a lot of pain though.

The fall felt like it took a long time, even though it could only have lasted seconds. It was unsettling, but perhaps his mind didn't have enough time to process the terror he should have been feeling.

As Tayen hit the ground, he felt himself break. Ribs cracked, neck snapped. Pain erupted everywhere with a sort of viscous glee, like it had been restrained and was just released to consume him again. There was nothing he could do. He just laid there, staring up at the cold sky.

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The fall felt like it took a long time, even though it could only have lasted seconds. It was unsettling, but perhaps his mind didn't have enough time to process the terror he should have been feeling.

As Tayen hit the ground, he felt himself break. Ribs cracked, neck snapped. Pain erupted everywhere with a sort of viscous glee, like it had been restrained and was just released to consume him again. There was nothing he could do. He just laid there, staring up at the cold sky.

Helda ran to his broken, bleeding body. What was she stopped to do? She didn’t want to touch him for fear of causing him more pain.

2 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Helda ran to his broken, bleeding body. What was she stopped to do? She didn’t want to touch him for fear of causing him more pain.

"I... I'm okay..." He didn't feel it, but he tried to reassure her through a hoarse, strained voice.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I... I'm okay..." He didn't feel it, but he tried to reassure her through a hoarse, strained voice.

“You obviously aren’t,” she said, tears leaking through her eyes. “Can I do anything to help?”

Is he healing?

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

“You obviously aren’t,” she said, tears leaking through her eyes. “Can I do anything to help?”

Not really. He will eventually, he has greater capacity for physical recover than most, but it isn't quite that much faster than normal healing generally.

"Don't... know. It hurts."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Don't... know. It hurts."

“I could…make you a new body. You’d have to die first though, or come as close as we can to true death. It will hurt, more than this, but just for a moment.”

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Yeah, ok, I’m going to skip writing that then, sorry. This will be traumatizing for her.

Helda stood over Tayen’s body, which was finally motionless. Tears streamed down her face. She had to bring him back. Then…then she could do something else. She didn’t know what yet. She transferred over into limbo, searching for him.

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Helda stood over Tayen’s body, which was finally motionless. Tears streamed down her face. She had to bring him back. Then…then she could do something else. She didn’t know what yet. She transferred over into limbo, searching for him.

Yeah, that's fair.

He was there, looking at her, shaking slightly. Oddly, his form in Limbo seemed shrouded by a flickering, fuzzy light, much like a shade.

43 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He was there, looking at her, shaking slightly. Oddly, his form in Limbo seemed shrouded by a flickering, fuzzy light, much like a shade.

“…Tayen? Are you ok?”