Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan breathes in. Then he walks over. He doesn't look at the books. He clenches his fists, and his eye starts twitching.

Melody looks concerned. She leads him outside of the library. "Have you eaten or drank anything recently?"

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan breathes in. Then he walks over. He doesn't look at the books. He clenches his fists, and his eye starts twitching.

“Good,” Tal says patiently. “Good. You’re doing great.”

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody looks concerned. She leads him outside of the library. "Have you eaten or drank anything recently?"

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Good,” Tal says patiently. “Good. You’re doing great.”

Elan's hands start shaking and his breaths are heavy. "I can't... no..." He says.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody looked at Tal. "You're the one who knows how to deal with... Book addiction. How do we proceed?"

@Edema Rue

“Well, we have quadrovela, but it doesn’t work for everyone…a lot of our patients have found quests to be good distractions.”

Just now, Aeoryi said:

There's this guy. He is soo obsessed with books. What do I do?

Emma laughed gently, they all are. He can’t get into any trouble that can't be fixed easily. You could join him in the wacky adventures he'll go on if you'd like. Or just tell him that we do have books signed by Brandon Sanderson hidden in the walls somewhere.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma laughed gently, they all are. He can’t get into any trouble that can't be fixed easily. You could join him in the wacky adventures he'll go on if you'd like. Or just tell him that we do have books signed by Brandon Sanderson hidden in the walls somewhere.

He literally is dying when we try to get him relatively distant from the library. But I'll try. Melody turned to @Ancient Elantrian, "The books signed by Brandon Sanderson are hidden in the walls somewhere."

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

He literally is dying when we try to get him relatively distant from the library. But I'll try. Melody turned to @Ancient Elantrian, "The books signed by Brandon Sanderson are hidden in the walls somewhere."

Elan snaps his fingers and the walls go ethereal. He immediately sees the books, grabs them and then plops down reading them as the walls return to normal. "YES YES YES BOOKSSSSS!!!"

Elan snaps his fingers and the walls go ethereal. He immediately sees the books, grabs them and then plops down reading them as the walls return to normal. "YES YES YES BOOKSSSSS!!!"

Melody sighed. That... Didn't work. He just found them all too easily.

She looks down at one titled, Mistborn: The Final Empire and flips through a few pages. 

"Elan, is there anything you want EXCEPT books? Will you still remember to eat and drink and sleep?"

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody sighed. That... Didn't work. He just found them all too easily.

She looks down at one titled, Mistborn: The Final Empire and flips through a few pages. 

"Elan, is there anything you want EXCEPT books? Will you still remember to eat and drink and sleep?"

"Um... I also want... book... um... marks? No, just books. Eat and drink and sleep are no. "

"Um... I also want... book... um... marks? No, just books. Eat and drink and sleep are no. "

"That's... The problem." Melody said softly. "Elan, do you realize that if you don't want to eat or drink or sleep, then we'll have to force you to?"

10 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The mysterious person stuck in the prison with Jar Man grabbed Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson and began reading it.

15 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"That's... The problem." Melody said softly. "Elan, do you realize that if you don't want to eat or drink or sleep, then we'll have to force you to?"

"But... no..." Elan says. "Books..." He freezes, and turns away. 

"No... you can't..."

"YES! READ THE BOOKS ONLY BOOKS!"

"But you have so much more."

"ONLY BOOKS!"

"STOP IT!"

"BOOOOOOKS!"

Elan is clearly crazy, he's begun talking to himself.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"No... you can't..."

"ONLY BOOKS!"

"STOP IT!"

"BOOOOOOKS!"

“Welp,” Tal said. “He’s probably fine.”

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"No... you can't..."

"ONLY BOOKS!"

"STOP IT!"

"BOOOOOOKS!"

Melody sighs, then takes the book from his hands. "Look. Let's go get something to eat, then we can read more."

57 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Welp,” Tal said. “He’s probably fine.”

57 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody sighs, then takes the book from his hands. "Look. Let's go get something to eat, then we can read more."

Elan bursts into tears. "What is wrong with me?! Why does my brain work like this? I don't understand!"

17 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan bursts into tears. "What is wrong with me?! Why does my brain work like this? I don't understand!"

"Hey. It works. Be happy." Melody offered. "I can try and help with your mental state, but I don't want to without your permission.$