Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Goodbye," TAAron said softly. "You... will be back, right?"

Rue turned back and gave him a sad smile, then disappeared around a corner. 

18 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Create a character, no need for a sheet or anything, and pop into existence or come through the main door! I’ll, uh, help you get started and then poof again :D 

3 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Jinx Thatcher strode through the door, flipping her long, raven black hair over her shoulder. 

Tal sat up at the desk, discreetly sliding Mistborn under some papers. “Hi, welcome to the Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted and Other Maladies, how can I help you?”

Edited by Edema Rue

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Tal sat up at the desk, discreetly sliding Mistborn under some papers. “Hi, welcome to the Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted and Other Maladies, how can I help you?”

"I have no idea why I'm here, but I am." The short woman stated flatly. 

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

"I have no idea why I'm here, but I am." The short woman stated flatly. 

Tal nodded. “That happens. You’re welcome to stay for as long as it takes to figure it out. And longer. Would you like a room, a tour?”

Tal nodded. “That happens. You’re welcome to stay for as long as it takes to figure it out. And longer. Would you like a room, a tour?”

“I still need both.” Roy shouted over his shoulder 

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"A tour, I suppose... What do you do here?" 

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I still need both.” Roy shouted over his shoulder 

“You should have said!” Tal called back. He pulled out a key of carved jade. “Up the orange stairs, about 6 1/2 flights, then down the squid corridor and behind the honeycomb door.” He tossed him the key.

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"A tour, I suppose... What do you do here?" 

“Well…we help with brandofandonitis (and other maladies), but recently we’ve been doing much more with taking in refugees and providing a home for those who need it. Many people use the clinic as a sort of…safe base, between adventures.”

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“You should have said!” Tal called back. He pulled out a key of carved jade. “Up the orange stairs, about 6 1/2 flights, then down the squid corridor and behind the honeycomb door.” He tossed him the key.

“Well…we help with brandofandonitis (and other maladies), but recently we’ve been doing much more with taking in refugees and providing a home for those who need it. Many people use the clinic as a sort of…safe base, between adventures.”

Jinx cocks her head to the side. "What kind of maladies?" She askes

14 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Jinx cocks her head to the side. "What kind of maladies?" She askes

"Most everything," Tal said. "We have some of the best healers there are."

Jinx gives them a side eye. "What about for... insane people?" 

Tal laughed. "Yeah, we have some of that too." He'd started walking. "Don't worry, though, no one's being kept here against their will." Except me...stop it. You know that isn't true. Mostly.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal laughed. "Yeah, we have some of that too." He'd started walking. "Don't worry, though, no one's being kept here against their will." Except me...stop it. You know that isn't true. Mostly.

Jinx nods and darts after him, staying close to the wall, or in shadows whenever possible. 

33 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Roy shrugged and started to follow.

Arranis, after his (what felt  like eon long sleep) awakens in the clinic. He had always enjoyed the place, and the adventures that occured as well. Even though he was left out of most of them. 

Walking out the door, he glances around, noticing the ever changing walls making way for a new room. He glances down the hallway, expecting to see someone there approaching the new door. Seeing no one he walks out into the hallway, closing his door softly shut behind him with a lashing, which he thought much better than keys.

His stomach, trying to imitate an orchestra (or maybe a trumbone) interrupts him, and he changes his direction, looking for the cafeteria, and some chouta. 

10 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Jinx nods and darts after him, staying close to the wall, or in shadows whenever possible. 

"So...do you have a name? I'm Tal."

3 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy shrugged and started to follow.

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Jinx eyes him and hisses, scampering to another shadow. 

"Easy," Tal said. "Friend, this is Roy. Roy...ah...maybe be careful."

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy shakes his head and keeps following. “Who else is here outher than us?”

Tal blinked. "Well...there are thousands of refugees, and hundreds of patrons..."

"So...do you have a name? I'm Tal."

"Easy," Tal said. "Friend, this is Roy. Roy...ah...maybe be careful."

Tal blinked. "Well...there are thousands of refugees, and hundreds of patrons..."

"Jinx." She growls. 

On 12/15/2023 at 12:13 PM, Spark of Hope said:
Spoiler

image.png.4b6e537d1521a0c33913f46e40720010.png

A note: this is still like my favorite thing to happen on this thread and it makes me smile every time I see it :P 

"Jinx." She growls. 

"Nice to meet you, Jinx," Tal said calmly. "Would you like something to eat? Or a room key, if you'd rather be on your own?"