Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“All right then, to the mess hall?” Tal started walking. 

Addison followed, her stomach rumbling again. She was very hungry, she didn’t know how long it had been since she’d last eaten.

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

“What?” Pic responds, equal parts happiness and concern in his voice. 

“Every person that I’ve considered more than a friend is dead now. I’m terrified of what will happen if I allow myself to think so highly of anyone else.”

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

“Welcome,” Tal said, giving her a friendly handshake. “Would you like a room? Addison and I were just going to get some food, if you’re hungry. Oh and this…” he looked at the hawk on his head. “Is Trevor?”

@Weaver of Lights @Spark of Hope

35 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"I umm... sure, I could eat..." She offered a tiny smile. 

Trevor finished his rat, flew back up to Tal, and screed.

15 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“All right then, to the mess hall?” Tal started walking. 

"Okay..."

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Every person that I’ve considered more than a friend is dead now. I’m terrified of what will happen if I allow myself to think so highly of anyone else.”

Jinx jumped, looking scared. 

13 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison followed, her stomach rumbling again. She was very hungry, she didn’t know how long it had been since she’d last eaten.

11 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

3 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Okay..."

Jinx jumped, looking scared. 

Tal laughed. “It’s ok. I just met him a few minutes ago, but he…seems nice? He might be a cursed human. You never know.”

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal laughed. “It’s ok. I just met him a few minutes ago, but he…seems nice? He might be a cursed human. You never know.”

"I... uh... cursed human??" She tries to hide behind Tal. 

7 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

“It’s ok, the curse probably isn’t contagious,” Addison said, attempting to be comforting.

13 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“It’s ok, the curse probably isn’t contagious,” Addison said, attempting to be comforting.

"C-c- contagious?!?" Jinx squeaked, panic entering her voice. 

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Yeah, most curses aren’t, but you never know. Chances are we’ll be fine.”

She blinked her big brown eyes at them. "Ummm what if w-we aren't-" 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

2 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

2 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

No curse. Just smort birb

17 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I’m not sure, we may turn into birds…”

"only the zombie curse or the spell sickness are contagious. at least the ones i know of. he could just be a smart bird."

2 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

“It’s ok, it’s ok,” he said, smiling kindly. “I was joking. Mostly. But we’ll be all right.” They turned a corner, and suddenly the bustling mess hall was in front of them. “Have any of you ever tried chouta?”

@Weaver of Lights

39 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Tal doesn’t know that :P

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“It will be a short song,” Pic replies after some thought. “But it is better to have heard a symphony once than never known of its existence.”

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

“It will be a short song,” Pic replies after some thought. “But it is better to have heard a symphony once than never known of its existence.”

She thought for a moment. “You may have a point.”

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She thought for a moment. “You may have a point.”

Pic laughed. “That rarely happens! You’re witnessing history here.”

7 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic laughed. “That rarely happens! You’re witnessing history here.”

She smiled. “And what do you mean by that?”

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She smiled. “And what do you mean by that?”

Pic sighed. “Because every time I make a point to do something for someone else and plan ahead, it winds up not mattering, not working, or worse, falling apart. I’ve watched myself for 20-odd years. I know I don’t plan. Because if I do, something breaks, or falls, or is corrupted. It is what happened with the Oath Rod mission. Ever since then, I have made sure my time at the Clinic has served no real, long-term purpose. I want it to, but I hold myself back.” He paused and looked Aventine directly in the eyes. “As much as I hate knowing I’ve never heard a symphony, and never will, I’d rather never hear it if I am going to be the cause of the symphony going off key.”

7 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic sighed. “Because every time I make a point to do something for someone else and plan ahead, it winds up not mattering, not working, or worse, falling apart. I’ve watched myself for 20-odd years. I know I don’t plan. Because if I do, something breaks, or falls, or is corrupted. It is what happened with the Oath Rod mission. Ever since then, I have made sure my time at the Clinic has served no real, long-term purpose. I want it to, but I hold myself back.” He paused and looked Aventine directly in the eyes. “As much as I hate knowing I’ve never heard a symphony, and never will, I’d rather never hear it if I am going to be the cause of the symphony going off key.”

She didn’t know how to respond to that, so she didn’t. She just held his gaze.

9 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

“It’s ok, it’s ok,” he said, smiling kindly. “I was joking. Mostly. But we’ll be all right.” They turned a corner, and suddenly the bustling mess hall was in front of them. “Have any of you ever tried chouta?”

@Weaver of Lights

“I haven’t, is it good?”

53 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She didn’t know how to respond to that, so she didn’t. She just held his gaze.

Pic couldn’t think of any words, so he simply kept adding into the melody, and making the dance more grand, more fluid. The staves still kept the two of them together, but it expanded when they did a spin, or Pic lifted her up into the air. Occasionally it left steps in the air so that Aventine could run or twirl through the air despite her injuries. The song kept crescendoing and crescendoing, until eventually, the song came to a striking conclusion. The stave burst apart into gold fragments and Pic just sold there, holding Aventine and smiling at her. 

“Feel a little better now?” He asks. 

4 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic couldn’t think of any words, so he simply kept adding into the melody, and making the dance more grand, more fluid. The staves still kept the two of them together, but it expanded when they did a spin, or Pic lifted her up into the air. Occasionally it left steps in the air so that Aventine could run or twirl through the air despite her injuries. The song kept crescendoing and crescendoing, until eventually, the song came to a striking conclusion. The stave burst apart into gold fragments and Pic just sold there, holding Aventine and smiling at her. 

Jar Man pokes his head in. 

32 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"Yes," she smiled.

27 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man pokes his head in. 

She didn't notice.

Ya know what would be funny?