Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

27 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She was about to say no, but figured that may seem strange for a traveler. Plus, she didn’t mind the occasional wine on a good day.

”Yes, some wine would be nice.”

She glanced at Pic and Jar Man, warning them to say nothing about her behavior.

@Cash67 @TheRavenHasLanded

16 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

“I’ll take a glass,” Pic hummed, smiling in surprise at Aventine. 

You can taste a little bit of mine.

Pete nodded and stepped behind the bar, then walked into the kitchen. “Don’ get many customers,” he called. “So’s there ain’t no wine out there.”

20 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Pete nodded and stepped behind the bar, then walked into the kitchen. “Don’ get many customers,” he called. “So’s there ain’t no wine out there.”

“I see.”

50 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

1 hour ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn grins.

Pic smirks back. 

29 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“I see.”

“Understandable,” Pic hummed. “Perhaps you have some water? Oh, and the sooner we can figure out how I’ll be earning our keep the better.”

Edited by Cash67

11 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic smirks back. 

“Understandable,” Pic hummed. “Perhaps you have some water? Oh, and the sooner we can figure out how I’ll be earning our keep the better.”

Pete came back out with two glasses of wine and a glass of water. “Ye can help out in the garden t’morrow. But tonigh’,” he said, sitting down, “I wan’ a story. A good one, mind ye.”

40 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Pete came back out with two glasses of wine and a glass of water. “Ye can help out in the garden t’morrow. But tonigh’,” he said, sitting down, “I wan’ a story. A good one, mind ye.”

I can tell a story in a couple hours!

On 4/5/2024 at 9:09 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

"That's alright. We don't even need to talk. We can just sit until you're ready."

"Th-thank y-you." She scooted a tiny bit closer, leaning her head against [other person's] shoulder. 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Pic sat down and waved Lundyn over. 

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

After taking a sip of wine, Aventine began to tell the first story that came to mind.

”There was a man. This man was very privileged, as he was near the top of his society. However, he was not in any position to be an heir to his line, and he turned to a life of addictions to try to ease his pain.” She sloshed the wine around gently. The next part of the story involved magic. Best to change it up a bit.

”He decided to have an heir with his wife. They conceived, but to his dismay, it was with a daughter, not a son. They tried to have another child a few years later, but the man’s wife died, and the son followed mere minutes after. The father grew to hate the daughter, and abused her horribly - both mentally and physically. 

“The highest point of the girl’s life was when she was sixteen.” She started to smile slightly. “She fell in love with a man who loved her back, and after a time were engaged.”

Unfortunately, the bitter memories returned with the sweet. “But the father wouldn’t allow it. While there was no explicit confirmation, it was said that he had ordered the man assassinated. He was dead the morning after their engagement.

”For six years, she found it hard to trust or love. And when the man ran out of ways to pay the provider of what he was addicted to, the dealer found another: the girl herself.

”The father agreed.

”The girl ran. Two weeks she spent on her own, barely surviving, until she made it to a safe place. She began to learn to trust and… and fell in love again.” She glanced at Pic.

14 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

After taking a sip of wine, Aventine began to tell the first story that came to mind.

”There was a man. This man was very privileged, as he was near the top of his society. However, he was not in any position to be an heir to his line, and he turned to a life of addictions to try to ease his pain.” She sloshed the wine around gently. The next part of the story involved magic. Best to change it up a bit.

”He decided to have an heir with his wife. They conceived, but to his dismay, it was with a daughter, not a son. They tried to have another child a few years later, but the man’s wife died, and the son followed mere minutes after. The father grew to hate the daughter, and abused her horribly - both mentally and physically. 

“The highest point of the girl’s life was when she was sixteen.” She started to smile slightly. “She fell in love with a man who loved her back, and after a time were engaged.”

Unfortunately, the bitter memories returned with the sweet. “But the father wouldn’t allow it. While there was no explicit confirmation, it was said that he had ordered the man assassinated. He was dead the morning after their engagement.

”For six years, she found it hard to trust or love. And when the man ran out of ways to pay the provider of what he was addicted to, the dealer found another: the girl herself.

”The father agreed.

”The girl ran. Two weeks she spent on her own, barely surviving, until she made it to a safe place. She began to learn to trust and… and fell in love again.” She glanced at Pic.

The man raised an eyebrow. “Good enough, m’Lady.” He stood and went back into the kitchen. 

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

”The father agreed.

Pic smiled sheepishly back, and his eyes were heavy with concern. 

This is the first time he is hearing this too, so he’s gonna be a little broken for a hot minute. 

7 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

The man raised an eyebrow. “Good enough, m’Lady.” He stood and went back into the kitchen. 

Pic took a sip of his wine. He had mainly got it just to copy and annoy Aventine, and he didn’t really like it all that much. He took a few more sips, downed the water, and poured a small amount of wine into the water glass, passing it to Lundyn. 

@shortcake @TheRavenHasLanded

8 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

She nodded as he did.

11 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic took a sip of his wine. He had mainly got it just to copy and annoy Aventine, and he didn’t really like it all that much. He took a few more sips, downed the water, and poured a small amount of wine into the water glass, passing it to Lundyn. 

She smiled back. Not quite forced, not quite real.

23 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"Sure. How'd you get here? What do you love?" Tal shrugged. "Or we could keep trying to talk about the weather," his eyes were twinkling.

"I got here... I was blown up. To here. And everywhere else. I... I love helping people."

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She nodded as he did.

She smiled back. Not quite forced, not quite real.

As the man walked away, Pic hesitantly spoke up. “Are you…alright?” He asks. “I…didn’t know you had gone through that.”

14 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic smirks back. 

14 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

11 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic sat down and waved Lundyn over. 

Lundyn sits criss-cross-apple-sauce next to Pic.

I cant remember if there's another name for it

10 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

”The father agreed.

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Lundyn giggles with excitement and grabs the watered-down wine from Pic, completely unaware of what the story really meant. She takes a sip and immediately recoils, resulting in a fit of coughing. "Why's it taste like that?" She pushes the drink away.

16 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She was about to say no, but figured that may seem strange for a traveler. Plus, she didn’t mind the occasional wine on a good day.

”Yes, some wine would be nice.”

She glanced at Pic and Jar Man, warning them to say nothing about her behavior.

@Cash67 @TheRavenHasLanded

He just grins. 

6 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

As the man walked away, Pic hesitantly spoke up. “Are you…alright?” He asks. “I…didn’t know you had gone through that.”

She laughed/exhaled. "I'm much better than I was when I got to the clinic."

4 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn giggles with excitement and grabs the watered-down wine from Pic, completely unaware of what the story really meant. She takes a sip and immediately recoils, resulting in a fit of coughing. "Why's it taste like that?" She pushes the drink away.

"It's meant for grown ups. Kids don't usually drink it."

26 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Pic laughs. "You and me both, small one," he hums. 

21 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man holds up grape juice. "They can have this though."

Pic walks over, inspects the grape juice, tastes it, and then passes it to Lundyn. 

23 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She laughed/exhaled. "I'm much better than I was when I got to the clinic."

"It's meant for grown ups. Kids don't usually drink it."

He walks over, pulls her up, and gives her a hug. This time, it seemed as if he was hugging her to make sure that he was ok, and not the other way around. He holds it for a while, and whipsers in her ear, "I'm glad you found the clinic then."

7 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic laughs. "You and me both, small one," he hums. 

Pic walks over, inspects the grape juice, tastes it, and then passes it to Lundyn. 

He walks over, pulls her up, and gives her a hug. This time, it seemed as if he was hugging her to make sure that he was ok, and not the other way around. He holds it for a while, and whipsers in her ear, "I'm glad you found the clinic then."

She kissed him on the cheek.

Just now, Cash67 said:

He let out a small laugh and let her go. 

She slid her hands down his arms and stopped at the wrists. She smiled, then let go and sat back down.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man raises his eyebrows.

If that includes the ones in the jar I would put them away before Pete comes back

Since he was high and the others would think he was crazy, the narrator told him so in his head.

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She slid her hands down his arms and stopped at the wrists. She smiled, then let go and sat back down.

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man raises his eyebrows.

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Since he was high and the others would think he was crazy, the narrator told him so in his head.

Pic grimaces, and then downs the rest of the wine. He belches the entirety of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star with perfect tone, and turns to Lundyn. Wanna see a trick? @shortcake @Edema Rue

Edited by Cash67
added tune to the belching