Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Her mother smiled. "It was a simple mistake. It happens to everyone. You don't need to be sorry about it. This is how you learn to do better next time."

Lundyn, her mother, and her grandmother had them. her Grandmother passed when Lundyn was 7, so three years before she came to the clinic. Her dad had the colored eye things and the spacial controlling thing (if you've seen the newest Shazam movie, it's kind of like the thing with the girl that that the curly-haired boy likes) but nothing involving that has happened yet. the lights thing that happened a while back is just a Lundyn thing, and it usually happens when she's under a lot of stress, and mainly when she remembers painful memories/stuff with her parents. I'm planning on having some flickering lights in the inn in a little bit.

Lundyn smiles and hugs her mother. "I'm gonna be the best flyer when I grow up."

1 minute ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn smiles and hugs her mother. "I'm gonna be the best flyer when I grow up."

Her mother grinned playfully. "You're gonna have to beat me first, then!" She spread her wings and flapped yards up into the air in one beat, leaving a few feathers behind.

32 minutes ago, shortcake said:

30 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her mother grinned playfully. "You're gonna have to beat me first, then!" She spread her wings and flapped yards up into the air in one beat, leaving a few feathers behind.

From a distance away, Lundyn's father and uncle walk up to the scene. Lundyn's father was a well-built man, able to intimidate people even without the powers his bloodline granted. His younger brother, known only as Uncle to Lundyn, had a slimmer frame, yet still packed almost as much muscle as her father. His dexterity and survival skills made him invaluable to living away from everyone else, despite his lack of powers. 

"Let's get you home and bundle you up," her father said, placing her on his shoulders. He placed a hand on Uncle's shoulder to ferry them both home, and Lundyn could have sworn Uncle flinched. What was there to worry about, though? Father was simply taking them home; to their safe place. 

Alright, do we want to make this a surreal dream experience or an accurate history?
Cause I think it'd be cool if the transportation just abruptly cut to Lundyn being burned and her parents being gone. If not, on with the story!

Edited by Cash67

24 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

From a distance away, Lundyn's father and uncle walk up to the scene. Lundyn's father was a well-built man, able to intimidate people even without the powers his bloodline granted. His younger brother, known only as Uncle to Lundyn, had a slimmer frame, yet still packed almost as much muscle as her father. His dexterity and survival skills made him invaluable to living away from everyone else, despite his lack of powers. 

"Let's get you home and bundle you up," her father said, placing her on his shoulders. He placed a hand on Uncle's shoulder to ferry them both home, and Lundyn could have sworn Uncle flinched. What was there to worry about, though? Father was simply taking them home; to their safe place. 

Her mother landed next to them. She put her hand between his shoulder blades and smiled at her husband and daughter.

38 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man wanders, looking for people, possibly a bar.

He bumps into Pic at the center of the town. He is humming, and wandering around the well-lit streets. 

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

I actually really like that idea

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her mother landed next to them. She put her hand between his shoulder blades and smiled at her husband and daughter.

1 hour ago, shortcake said:

@Cash67

The warmth of the sun faded to a different kind of warmth - one less friendly, and much more loud.

*cracks knuckles* 

*turns on mario accent*

HeRe wE Go!

As the field faded away, so did her parents. Panic rose up in Lundyn's throat as she lost her sources of stability, love, and hope. Pain began to flare everywhere; a burning sensation crept over every limb and digit. A sharp pain suddenly spiked in her back, and she gasped. Turning around, she saw Uncle, face malevolent and intense, smiling at the fire that engulfed them both. He yanked his arm away from her back, and in his hand was a knife that dripped blood.

In anguish, she screamed. Her scream released a perfect blaze from her lips, one that had arrived to consume all. The ghosts of her parents crumbled to ash, Uncle quickly disintegrated, and the fire completed even Lundyn's consumption, rushing up her body towards her head - 

Lundyn woke up.

@Cash67

The warmth of the sun faded to a different kind of warmth - one less friendly, and much more loud.

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

As the field faded away, so did her parents. Panic rose up in Lundyn's throat as she lost her sources of stability, love, and hope. Pain began to flare everywhere; a burning sensation crept over every limb and digit. A sharp pain suddenly spiked in her back, and she gasped. Turning around, she saw Uncle, face malevolent and intense, smiling at the fire that engulfed them both. He yanked his arm away from her back, and in his hand was a knife that dripped blood.

In anguish, she screamed. Her scream released a perfect blaze from her lips, one that had arrived to consume all. The ghosts of her parents crumbled to ash, Uncle quickly disintegrated, and the fire completed even Lundyn's consumption, rushing up her body towards her head - 

Lundyn woke up.

YOOOO WHAT THATS INSANE HOW DO YOU WORD SO WELL

Lundyn's scream from her sleep echoed into the real world as she woke up. It was filled with pain and anger, but nowhere to direct it to.

There was a large scar on her back between her wings, and as she cried out, it burned, leaving small embers on the soft cotton sheets of the twin bed. She curled up her body, wings tightening and shivering. The lights flickered in the inn. When she realized where she was and began to cry.

@Spark of Hope @Cash67 @Edema Rue

32 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Lundyn woke up.

See? You can word! Or do I need to get my bow again....

10 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn's scream from her sleep echoed into the real world as she woke up. It was filled with pain and anger, but nowhere to direct it to.

There was a large scar on her back between her wings, and as she cried out, it burned, leaving small embers on the soft cotton sheets of the twin bed. She curled up her body, wings tightening and shivering. The lights flickered in the inn. When she realized where she was and began to cry.

"Oh my-!" She pulled Lundyn out of the bed and stamped out the embers. When they were out, she covered Lundyn in an unsinged blanket and pulled her into a hug underneath it, one hand directly over the scar.

16 minutes ago, shortcake said:

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Oh my-!" She pulled Lundyn out of the bed and stamped out the embers. When they were out, she covered Lundyn in an unsinged blanket and pulled her into a hug underneath it, one hand directly over the scar.

Yeah go get the bow. 

I just like storytelling! Writing ain’t my preferred method, but I can make it work. You should see me as a DM or a chaotic musician. Show up to the con!!

On 4/17/2024 at 9:32 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa leaned against him. "I feel useless."

Bookwyrm sat there for a minute, listening to the crackling fire, watching the sparks drift up towards the darkening canopy above. The surrounding chill was staved off by the flames, and by the warmth of Insa beside him.

"You know I don't see you like that."

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

I saw this, but I have to do stuff before I can respond

if I end up forgetting (give it like an hour and a half), ping me

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm sat there for a minute, listening to the crackling fire, watching the sparks drift up towards the darkening canopy above. The surrounding chill was staved off by the flames, and by the warmth of Insa beside him.

"You know I don't see you like that."

Insa

"But I never know what to do. And I'm never very helpful. I just follow people around." She paused and looked up at Bookwyrm "How do you not see me like that? "

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Ash

"Well sometimes our feelings are just an aid to lies our brain likes to tell us. " Ash smiled at her, "I'm certainly not upset with you. And I have no idea why anyone else here would be."

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash

"Well sometimes our feelings are just an aid to lies our brain likes to tell us. " Ash smiled at her, "I'm certainly not upset with you. And I have no idea why anyone else here would be."

"O-okay..." Jinx tried to smile back, but it was mostly forced and not in her eyes. 

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

"O-okay..." Jinx tried to smile back, but it was mostly forced and not in her eyes. 

Ash stopped walking. "Do you actually want to go back with all the people? You don't have to. You could just stay with me. I could teach you about the work I do and the gods. And we could go on some smaller scale adventures together. You don't have to go with the other people. But if you want to and if you feel safe and comfortable doing that I'll take you to the others."

13 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash stopped walking. "Do you actually want to go back with all the people? You don't have to. You could just stay with me. I could teach you about the work I do and the gods. And we could go on some smaller scale adventures together. You don't have to go with the other people. But if you want to and if you feel safe and comfortable doing that I'll take you to the others."

Jinx stopped as well, looking up at her. "I-i l-like y-you... d-don't r-really w-want t-to g-go back w-with the o-others." 

How tall is Ash? 

... Jinx is 3'11".... :P 

Edited by Just-A-Stick

14 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Jinx stopped as well, looking up at her. "I-i l-like y-you... d-don't r-really w-want t-to g-go back w-with the o-others." 

"That's alright. Is there anything in particular that you like or want to do?"

Around like 5' 4" ish maybe? She's an adult.

On 4/19/2024 at 6:13 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

"That's alright. Is there anything in particular that you like or want to do?"

"I-i d-don't r-really k-know." 

Yeah, i think Jinx in a teenager... 14-15 maybe, but she acts like a child :P 

@InfiniteInsanity

Edited by Just-A-Stick

6 hours ago, shortcake said:

She held the trembling child in her arms. Thankfully, she had brass left from earlier. She took away the worst parts of her fear, despair, anguish, and anger. “It’s okay, it’s okay…”

I know

This is kinda hypocritical

Youth group had a ministry night and the timing with my thing earlier

usually I’m in bed by half an hour ago at latest-