Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

“And I was 14 when I left mine,” he hummed. “She has these feelings. We can’t get rid of them, but we can talk to her later.”

She got on her toes and hugged him. “You never really did get into specifics about where you’re from… Soon, I hope.”

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash's smile grew. "It a sweet dessert. It very cold and there are tons of different flavors. I think I have some back in my office if you would like to try some."

"Ok-kay." 

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash held out her hand to Jinx. "Are you okay if we teleport back rather than walk? Or would you prefer to just walk?"

"D-does t-teleport-ting h-hurt?" She asked in a small voice, taking Ash's hand and holding it tightly. 

3 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"O-okay, w-we c-can t-try i-it t-then." She gave Ash a nervous smile. 

Ash gave her hand a small squeeze and then closed her eyes. Their surroundings faded to black before Ash's office slowly appeared around them.

Ash opened her eyes. "I'm proud of you for trying something new." She walked over to a little freezer and pulled out a pint of vanilla ice cream. She leaned over and pulled two spoons out of her desk drawers. Carefully she scooped some ice cream onto the spoon and then held it out to Jinx.

"This is ice cream."

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash gave her hand a small squeeze and then closed her eyes. Their surroundings faded to black before Ash's office slowly appeared around them.

Ash opened her eyes. "I'm proud of you for trying something new." She walked over to a little freezer and pulled out a pint of vanilla ice cream. She leaned over and pulled two spoons out of her desk drawers. Carefully she scooped some ice cream onto the spoon and then held it out to Jinx.

"This is ice cream."

"T-thank y-ou." Jinx said shyly, accepting the spoon. She put it in her mouth, surprised at the coldness. A grin slowly spread over her face, making her eyes squinch until they were barely visible. "S-so s-sweet." She whispered, savoring the flavor. 

4 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She got on her toes and hugged him. “You never really did get into specifics about where you’re from… Soon, I hope.”

He nodded from his seat by the wall. “Soon,” he hummed. “Though to make a long story short, I was becoming something that I couldn’t live with. Therefore, I left to find out what I wanted to give others.”

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

He nodded from his seat by the wall. “Soon,” he hummed. “Though to make a long story short, I was becoming something that I couldn’t live with. Therefore, I left to find out what I wanted to give others.”

She smiled and went back to the bed.

Spoiler

I’m kinda thinking they sandwich Lundyn…

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Pic ain’t gonna do that, but he would sit/lay across the foot of the bed to give them space if offered. Otherwise he sees the bed as their space and he isn’t gonna invade it and goes back to the floor  

Pic collapsed on the floor, and began to drift off to sleep. 

7 hours ago, Cash67 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pic ain’t gonna do that, but he would sit/lay across the foot of the bed to give them space if offered. Otherwise he sees the bed as their space and he isn’t gonna invade it and goes back to the floor  

Alright time skip to morning?

@shortcake @TheRavenHasLanded

On 4/22/2024 at 8:34 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa

Insa sighed. "Okay. I love you too." 

A tidal wave of exhaustion washed over her and essentially forced her to fall asleep.

In a throne like chair across the room sat a woman who appeared to be in her 20's. She had blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"I've been waiting for you. But you took soo long and I just ran out of patience."

Insa frowned. "Who are you?"

"Oh come on. You couldn't have possibly forgotten what it's like to be in my glorious presence and receive my wonderful advise this fast. We haven't been separated for that long."

"Saar?"

The woman grinned. "There you go!"

Insa tried to back farther away but was stopped by a wall. "Where are we?"

"You are still back with that boy. And I'm somewhere else. I just made a little safe space for us to communicate! Isn't that a fun trick."

Insa shook her head. Fear and panic bubbled up inside of her.

Small sparks flickered to life around Insa before quickly dying out.

Insa

"Now that we can communicate again I can help you get back home."

"Back to the Insanity Clinic?"

"Really Insa? Really. How can you be so incredibly useful and yet so stupid?"

The air seemed to crackle.

"The Insanity Clinic is not your home."

Dark clouds gathered above Insa. 

"You were never supposed to go there. You were never supposed to make friends."

Lightning flicked through the clouds.

Saar's voice softened a little. "You were supposed to be a hero. And you were on the right path. You can still be a hero."

Insa tried again to back away. The fear and panic inside continued to grow. But within the fear was a flicker of something else. Courage. 

"I may have the potential to be a 'hero'. But if I must be a 'hero' it will be in a story I write. Not in yours."

Saar frowned. "What is wrong with my story for you? Its perfect."

"I will not erase everything I have done at the clinic. And I will not leave the clinic. Nor will I allow you to use me as a puppet. Or anyone else."

Insa took a quick breath before rushing on. "I will find you. And I will not let you escape this time. We're done here."

Lightning escaped from the clouds and spiraled around Insa. The spirals tightened around her neck before settling on her skin.

"I will always be a part of you."

The dream faded to black.

Sparks formed near Insa's neck and settled into her skin forming a lightning scar.

Her breathing stopped and then restarted irregularly for a while before settling back to normal.

Slowly she woke up.

@The Bookwyrm

Look up lightning scars. I think they're cool.

13 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"T-thank y-ou." Jinx said shyly, accepting the spoon. She put it in her mouth, surprised at the coldness. A grin slowly spread over her face, making her eyes squinch until they were barely visible. "S-so s-sweet." She whispered, savoring the flavor. 

Ash

Ash laughed. "Would you like some more?"

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

19 hours ago, Cash67 said:

“Still awake?” He hummed softly. 

18 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Nightmare," she said quietly.

18 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic hummed a few descending notes in response. Aventine realized this was Pic’s equivalent of a grunt of agreement or acknowledgment. 

18 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She sat up with her legs hanging off the bed, but kept her hand on Lundyn's. She told him what had happened in the nightmare.

17 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic frowned, and was ‘silent’ for a while. (Well, as silent as Pic can be). 

“Poor kid,” he finally said. “Good thing she’s here now.”

17 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She squeezed Lundyn’s hand, then stood up, walked to a corner, and waved at Pic to follow her.

”She said she wants to kill him,” she said quietly.

17 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic shrugged, “That makes sense, and seems like she’d be safer without him.”

16 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“That I agree with, but…” She glanced at Lundyn. “She’s just so young. I was 18 before I started thinking about killing my father…”

15 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

10 hours ago, Cash67 said:

10 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Hide contents

hehehehe

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:
  Hide contents

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

yeah, I'm good with that

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

1 minute ago, shortcake said:

Then that makes a majority

While they slept, Aventine hugged Lundyn. She woke up to the sun shining in her eyes through a window.

24 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

While they slept, Aventine hugged Lundyn. She woke up to the sun shining in her eyes through a window.

Lundyn was still asleep with her top wing being used as a blanket.

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Alright, so... up to you whether he eventually came back or spent the night wandering and arguing with the narrator

1 minute ago, shortcake said:

She slid out of the bed, trying not to wake her.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa

"Now that we can communicate again I can help you get back home."

"Back to the Insanity Clinic?"

"Really Insa? Really. How can you be so incredibly useful and yet so stupid?"

The air seemed to crackle.

"The Insanity Clinic is not your home."

Dark clouds gathered above Insa. 

"You were never supposed to go there. You were never supposed to make friends."

Lightning flicked through the clouds.

Saar's voice softened a little. "You were supposed to be a hero. And you were on the right path. You can still be a hero."

Insa tried again to back away. The fear and panic inside continued to grow. But within the fear was a flicker of something else. Courage. 

"I may have the potential to be a 'hero'. But if I must be a 'hero' it will be in a story I write. Not in yours."

Saar frowned. "What is wrong with my story for you? Its perfect."

"I will not erase everything I have done at the clinic. And I will not leave the clinic. Nor will I allow you to use me as a puppet. Or anyone else."

Insa took a quick breath before rushing on. "I will find you. And I will not let you escape this time. We're done here."

Lightning escaped from the clouds and spiraled around Insa. The spirals tightened around her neck before settling on her skin.

"I will always be a part of you."

The dream faded to black.

Sparks formed near Insa's neck and settled into her skin forming a lightning scar.

Her breathing stopped and then restarted irregularly for a while before settling back to normal.

Slowly she woke up.

Insa awoke to Bookwyrm shaking her, a panicked look in his eyes. He sighed in relief as her eyes opened.

"Thank the worlds," he said. "You wouldn't wake up. I was about to enter your mind and try to find you."

He shuddered at the memory of trying to save Insa in her own head...the times of the Kaos War were not something he wished to re-live. Ever.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

52 minutes ago, shortcake said:

50 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She slid out of the bed, trying not to wake her.

49 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man was, well, sleeping on the front steps of the inn.

Pic's eyes snapped open as soon as Aventine stood up. He hummed a low tone, and slowly sat up.