Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash nodded. "Alright then."

Jinx looked down. "T-think s-she w-was r-right." She whispered haltingly, "M-my h-head m-must b-be   b-b-broken. I-i'm t-too d-different." 

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Ash and Jinx are hanging out at the Clinic. And I'm trying to figure out what to do there. You could have a person join them at the Clinic

There's a group in the basement that I don't know much about.

There's a group in some city somewhere that's... honestly I've been reading all their posts and I'm rather confused at what is happening there.

Bookwyrm and Insa are lost on some planet after a failed attempt to trap a god. They're trying to figure out their next steps. You could maybe add a person there? But I'm not entirely sure what if anything Bookwyrm had in mind for the planet. We don't have a plan really as far as I'm aware. 

2 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

Jinx looked down. "T-think s-she w-was r-right." She whispered haltingly, "M-my h-head m-must b-be   b-b-broken. I-i'm t-too d-different." 

"Oh honey. No." Ash got out of her chair and sat down in front of Jinx.  "Everyone is different. You've been through a lot. And I don't think you got the proper help to move forward. Most people like you look broken in the head to people who don't care to look close enough." She made very deliberate eye contact with Jinx. "You're head isn't broken. It just needs a little help. Everyone's head does sometimes." She smiled softly. "That's why there are doctors like me. We're here to help make sure everyone gets the help they need."

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Oh honey. No." Ash got out of her chair and sat down in front of Jinx.  "Everyone is different. You've been through a lot. And I don't think you got the proper help to move forward. Most people like you look broken in the head to people who don't care to look close enough." She made very deliberate eye contact with Jinx. "You're head isn't broken. It just needs a little help. Everyone's head does sometimes." She smiled softly. "That's why there are doctors like me. We're here to help make sure everyone gets the help they need."

"A-and w-what i-if i-i'm p-past t-the p-p-point o-of h-help." She was crying again, eyes blurring. 

39 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal winced. “Babysitting is a harsh way of putting it…”

Pete flinched. 

His eyes widened. He dropped the pitchfork and ran. 

“Wai-“ She cursed, burned pewter, and chased after him. 

She didn’t know that you were supposed to burn away all metals before you slept, so she immediately felt nauseated. 

Choking back bile, she yelled, “Pete!”

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

We’re “researching” Tal’s magic system on his home planet

Spoiler

With some misadventures on the side

"Oh honey. No." Ash got out of her chair and sat down in front of Jinx.  "Everyone is different. You've been through a lot. And I don't think you got the proper help to move forward. Most people like you look broken in the head to people who don't care to look close enough." She made very deliberate eye contact with Jinx. "You're head isn't broken. It just needs a little help. Everyone's head does sometimes." She smiled softly. "That's why there are doctors like me. We're here to help make sure everyone gets the help they need."

4 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Okay... What sort of character might be good here?

1 minute ago, Anguished_One said:

"A-and w-what i-if i-i'm p-past t-the p-p-point o-of h-help." She was crying again, eyes blurring. 

Ash wrapped her arms around Jinx. "You aren't. I've never met somebody who was past the point of help."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Um... Anyone? I'm not quite sure. Ash works at the Clinic as a doctor. Jinx is a newer character and on the younger side. We haven't done much but I was gonna try to get them out to do something soon. Whatever you want should work I think. Sorry I know that's probably not super helpful. 

Ash wrapped her arms around Jinx. "You aren't. I've never met somebody who was past the point of help."

Jinx nodded, crying into Ash's arms. "W-w-what i-i-if-f" She stuttered but was unable to finish. 

Ash rocked a little side to side. "Take a breath. Try to ask your question again."

Jinx nodded, calming herself slightly. "W-what i-f I-i'm t-the f-f-first p-pers-son w-who i-is t-too f-far g-gone f-for h-help." 

Maybe someone who could also mentor Jinx in something? Try to help her be more confident? Maybe bring in some magic? Also Stick if you have any ideas for the new character go ahead and share them! You are an important part of this storyline!

2 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

Jinx nodded, calming herself slightly. "W-what i-f I-i'm t-the f-f-first p-pers-son w-who i-is t-too f-far g-gone f-for h-help." 

Ash continued rocking. "The best part of being young is that you have plenty of time to learn. I would say no young person is too far gone. We'll always have time to teach them something and help them somehow."

Maybe someone who could also mentor Jinx in something? Try to help her be more confident? Maybe bring in some magic? Also Stick if you have any ideas for the new character go ahead and share them! You are an important part of this storyline!

Uhmmm

uh uh uh

Nope i don't gots anythin'

but adopted parents would be fun-

Ash continued rocking. "The best part of being young is that you have plenty of time to learn. I would say no young person is too far gone. We'll always have time to teach them something and help them somehow."

"O-okay. I-i t-trust y-you." She whsipered, snuggling deeper into her arms. 

5 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

1 minute ago, Anguished_One said:

"O-okay. I-i t-trust y-you." She whsipered, snuggling deeper into her arms. 

Consider a damaged spirit that sought out the Clinic to be healed?

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

10 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

6 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I mean

we could always give Ash a brother or boyfriend or something-

52 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"possibly. should i say watching over? is that better? anyway tal how did you first come here?"

Clinic: Basement

Tal shrugged. "Not really. I sort of...just...came." He winced. "It was a weird time."

13 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Wai-“ She cursed, burned pewter, and chased after him. 

She didn’t know that you were supposed to burn away all metals before you slept, so she immediately felt nauseated. 

Choking back bile, she yelled, “Pete!”

Tal's world

He ran into the back room and slammed the door. She heard several locks click.

Hey y'all...should we start putting locations at the top of posts again since there are like 3 different plotlines happening?

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

YES. 

Insanity Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Despite them being indoors, there was a faint breeze.

Ash shivered slightly and looked up at the thermostat confused. The temperature in the Clinic was generally stable. It didn't change often.

She hugged Jinx a little tighter, attempting to keep the breeze from scaring her or make her cold.

Insanity Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office

Ash shivered slightly and looked up at the thermostat confused. The temperature in the Clinic was generally stable. It didn't change often.

She hugged Jinx a little tighter, attempting to keep the breeze from scaring her or make her cold.

Little points of light seemed to swim in her vision.

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office

Ash froze. She tried to blink away the spots of light.

They did not disappear, but her blinking made it apparent that they were not artifacts of her vision, but tiny pinpricks of light floating in the room.

They did not disappear, but her blinking made it apparent that they were not artifacts of her vision, but tiny pinpricks of light floating in the room.

Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office

Ash squinted at the spots of light.

"Who are you?" She whispered, still doing her best not to scare Jinx.