Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

11 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The boy looks at Pic's hand. "What is it with you and music?"

Pic looks a little taken aback, and then slowly begins to answer, humming in time with the rhythm his fingers are making. 

“It’s something I’ve been able to do for a while,” he answers bluntly.  “Don’t know how I can, and don’t know why things react, but my time here has helped me learn how to utilize it.”

As he speaks, his voice is now a lot warmer. It still has distrust, but now Pic sounds just the slightest bit hopeful. The darkness begins to fade away, and hoops of light form and brace his fingers. “I’ve answered a question of yours, would you answer the question I gave to you?”

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic looks a little taken aback, and then slowly begins to answer, humming in time with the rhythm his fingers are making. 

“It’s something I’ve been able to do for a while,” he answers bluntly.  “Don’t know how I can, and don’t know why things react, but my time here has helped me learn how to utilize it.”

As he speaks, his voice is now a lot warmer. It still has distrust, but now Pic sounds just the slightest bit hopeful. The darkness begins to fade away, and hoops of light form and brace his fingers. “I’ve answered a question of yours, would you answer the question I gave to you?”

The boy nods quietly. “I- yes. Your terms are clear. I won’t…” he waved his hands around. “You know.”

34 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The boy nods quietly. “I- yes. Your terms are clear. I won’t…” he waved his hands around. “You know.”

Pic shrugged, "Often, I don't know something until I hear it for the first time. Would you mind saying what you think I know you won't do?"

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic shrugged, "Often, I don't know something until I hear it for the first time. Would you mind saying what you think I know you won't do?"

“Kill, maim, wipe from the timestream, kidnap, remove the soul of, or harm Aventine, you, Lukas, or anyone else in the clinic.”

36 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Kill, maim, wipe from the timestream, kidnap, remove the soul of, or harm Aventine, you, Lukas, or anyone else in the clinic.”

Pic nodded once, and a slight smile found its way onto his face. He let out a sigh, and then spoke hesitantly. "Good, now that that is out of the way, let's attempt to restart how we met. My name is Pic, what is yours?" Pic reached his hand halfway across the table for a handshake. 

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

Pic nodded once, and a slight smile found its way onto his face. He let out a sigh, and then spoke hesitantly. "Good, now that that is out of the way, let's attempt to restart how we met. My name is Pic, what is yours?" Pic reached his hand halfway across the table for a handshake. 

“I… don’t have one.” The boy says, then hesitantly shakes Pic’s hand.

16 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I… don’t have one.” The boy says, then hesitantly shakes Pic’s hand.

"Well that gives you the freedom to choose," Pic hummed.

14 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I… I think I’ll just stay nameless for now.”

Pic hummed, "We already have a Nameless here, but until you choose a name or choose someone else to choose your name, I'm gonna refer to you as 'Kid'. Sound OK to you?"

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Pic hummed, "We already have a Nameless here, but until you choose a name or choose someone else to choose your name, I'm gonna refer to you as 'Kid'. Sound OK to you?"

“Okay. And you’re… Pic?”

On 7/25/2024 at 11:03 AM, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Okay. And you’re… Pic?”

"That's right, kid!" Pic hummed with a smile. "Now, I have some time before my date, so tell me about you, and if you want, I'll tell you about me in trade."

12 hours ago, Cash67 said:

"That's right, kid!" Pic hummed with a smile. "Now, I have some time before my date, so tell me about you, and if you want, I'll tell you about me in trade."

“I work for the queen. I can replicate and steal magic. I destroy those who are a danger to the world.”

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine sat with Lukas. “Tell me about your twin brother.”

“He’s… not my twin. He’s three years younger. Four now, I think? He’s strange, he can do w-w-w-weird things. He’s t-t-too smart…”

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“He’s… not my twin. He’s three years younger. Four now, I think? He’s strange, he can do w-w-w-weird things. He’s t-t-too smart…”

The twin, not Kid. He said he had a twin too

7 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I work for the queen. I can replicate and steal magic. I destroy those who are a danger to the world.”

“Well, I work for myself, and here at the clinic, we make it so no one needs to be dangerous to anybody,” Pic hummed in response. “It’s been a while since I’ve traded stories with anyone… let’s see…”

”One time, I made a whole crowd of people smile after hearing my music, and that town didn’t seem to have a bad day for weeks,”

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

“Well, I work for myself, and here at the clinic, we make it so no one needs to be dangerous to anybody,” Pic hummed in response. “It’s been a while since I’ve traded stories with anyone… let’s see…”

”One time, I made a whole crowd of people smile after hearing my music, and that town didn’t seem to have a bad day for weeks,”

“I… it would be nice to have people smile- ” the boy squeezes his eyes shut and shakes his head. “Never mind”

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“And… my twin. He’s dead. He was… taken. A while ago.”

“How do you know he’s dead?”

Earlier he implied that he was still alive and asked Ave to save him

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I… I guess… yes…”

“Tell you what. I have a friend with powers who looks like she’s younger than she is. I’ll have her get him out and get him here. Does he look like you?”

19 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Tell you what. I have a friend with powers who looks like she’s younger than she is. I’ll have her get him out and get him here. Does he look like you?”

“No. He’s red-haired. A-a-and he might look older.”

On 7/29/2024 at 2:11 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

“No. He’s red-haired. A-a-and he might look older.”

She nodded. “Is there anything else I should tell her to look for?”

@Ancient Elantrian

Edited by Spark of Hope