Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Look, I'm not going to go insane. And even if I did, you'd spot it long before I snapped."

Rue snorted. "Lies, asha'man, lies. There are reasons your black tower  hasn't sworn the oaths."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Rue already fears me! And I'm not going to put any kind of suicide clause on this."

"Why would fear you?"

"Rue already fears me! And I'm not going to put any kind of suicide clause on this."

Wot

Spoiler

Then why are you concerned about going crazy saidin is clean.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Wasn't the original idea that you wouldn't harm people unless they had the intent to harm you?"

Nameless nodded. "Something like that. I said I'd swear not to kill anyone unless they were trying to kill me."

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue snorted. "Lies, asha'man, lies. There are reasons your black tower  hasn't sworn the oaths."

"Why would fear you?"

Yes, reasons like the White Tower not letting us use the Oath Rod. Nameless smiled wryly, doing his best to keep his thoughts to himself. "Still don't trust me? Well, now I know what oaths I will swear." Closing his eyes, Nameless channeled spirit into the Oath Rod, then took a deep breath and spoke. "I will defend my friends to the death. I will never kill anyone unless they are trying to kill me," He opened his eyes and looked directly at Rue. "And I will never lie to Rue Sedai of the red Ajah."

14 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Yeah, Nameless knows he's a little bit crazy, but he's not worried about going completely insane and killing everyone around him. He just wants Rue to trust him.

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless nodded. "Something like that. I said I'd swear not to kill anyone unless they were trying to kill me."

Yes, reasons like the White Tower not letting us use the Oath Rod. Nameless smiled wryly, doing his best to keep his thoughts to himself. "Still don't trust me? Well, now I know what oaths I will swear." Closing his eyes, Nameless channeled spirit into the Oath Rod, then took a deep breath and spoke. "I will defend my friends to the death. I will never kill anyone unless they are trying to kill me," He opened his eyes and looked directly at Rue. "And I will never lie to Rue Sedai of the red Ajah."

Rue looked at him for a long moment, heart pounding. Finally she nodded. "That will do," she said sharply. "Tell me, then. Are you insane?"

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue looked at him for a long moment, heart pounding. Finally she nodded. "That will do," she said sharply. "Tell me, then. Are you insane?"

Nameless shivered, feeling the pressure of the oaths wrap around him. "I'm about as insane as you are."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

"Try again," Rue said coldly. "You aren't helping yourself."

Nameless looked at her. "Fine. Yes, I'm insane. I'm suffering from stage 1 Brandonfandonitis and have an irrational fear of chickens. And before you ask, I have no plans to kill or hurt you or anyone else, unless you count my plan to hurt your feelings by failing to be an evil madman one step away from killing everyone around him."

Nameless looked at her. "Fine. Yes, I'm insane. I'm suffering from stage 1 Brandonfandonitis and have an irrational fear of chickens. And before you ask, I have no plans to kill or hurt you or anyone else, unless you count my plan to hurt your feelings by failing to be an evil madman one step away from killing everyone around him."

Rue nodded sharply, ignoring everyone else. "Good. Honesty goes a long way, asha'man." She ignored the wave of panic that spread through her. "And in case you were wondering...I have no intentions of killing you. Yet."