Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Nameless* said:

Nameless sighed, but handed over the Oath Rod. "It's not being a channeler that makes the Oath Rod cut your life in half, it's the way the oaths work. If you still want to try, fine. But you don't need to. Rue trusts you, mostly."

"What about the oaths shortens your lifespan?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"My magic is primarily soul magic. I could probably make an oath of some sort without the Rod, but it would probably be less trustworthy."

"TAAron, we don't know this will work. You could just pretend to try, say it worked, and we'd be none the wiser."

41 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

I'd rather not guess. Could you please just tell me?

What do you want me to say? Would you like me to explain everything your kind have ever done to me? Would you like me to explain the consequences of insanity? Maybe I'm just afraid, Nameless. Is that such a crime?

24 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He turned to Rue. "Do you want me to do this? And what should I say?"

@Edema Rue

Rue took a breath. "I'd rather you not forcibly shorten your lifespan, since I hate you considerably less than some people. It's up to you."

Just now, Edema Rue said:

What do you want me to say? Would you like me to explain everything your kind have ever done to me? Would you like me to explain the consequences of insanity? Maybe I'm just afraid, Nameless. Is that such a crime?

Rue took a breath. "I'd rather you not forcibly shorten your lifespan, since I hate you considerably less than some people. It's up to you."

"Do you think you'd be able to trust me better if I made an oath? Considering that I find it extremely unlikely that it will shorten my lifespan?"

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Do you think you'd be able to trust me better if I made an oath? Considering that I find it extremely unlikely that it will shorten my lifespan?"

Rue shrugged. "It's always easier to trust someone when you know they can't lie to you."

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue shrugged. "It's always easier to trust someone when you know they can't lie to you."

"But you'd also have to understand that this is using my own magic to replicate the oath. I promise I won't lie to you about whether or not it works, but... well."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"But you'd also have to understand that this is using my own magic to replicate the oath. I promise I won't lie to you about whether or not it works, but... well."

Rue nodded, suddenly feeling very tired. "Thank you."

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Do what you think is right," Rue said. "I don't intend to force or trick you into anything."

"Okay." He closed his eyes, and light began to rise from him. Then they opened, and met hers. "I swear that I will never lie to you, Rue Sedai of the Red Ajah. I swear that, in the case that my magic becomes out of control, dangerous, or otherwise has the potential to negatively impact myself or the people I care about, I will not use it without her explicit permission. Anything else?" The hand that was holding the Oath Rod had come ablaze with light.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Okay." He closed his eyes, and light began to rise from him. Then they opened, and met hers. "I swear that I will never lie to you, Rue Sedai of the Red Ajah. I swear that, in the case that my magic becomes out of control, dangerous, or otherwise has the potential to negatively impact myself or the people I care about, I will not use it without her explicit permission. Anything else?" The hand that was holding the Oath Rod had come ablaze with light.

Rue blinked slowly. "That's...more than enough. Much more. Be careful, TAAron."

13 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue blinked slowly. "That's...more than enough. Much more. Be careful, TAAron."

He nodded, and the light flashed a fiery red. He yelped, and dropped the rod, which hit the ground with a clink. It was now clearly made of a crystal that shone red light. "Cold... ah."

@Edema Rue

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

15 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He nodded, and the light flashed a fiery red. He yelped, and dropped the rod, which hit the ground with a clink. It was now clearly made of a crystal that shone red light. "Cold... ah."

@Edema Rue

Rue pursed her lips. "Lovely...you broke it."

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Rue pursed her lips. "Lovely...you broke it."

"Uh... could be." He smiled awkwardly. "But I think it worked. The red light probably has to do with one of the gods who I've... acquired the essence of. Bonum. The good one, basically. I guess doing something strong and direct like a binding oath requires more focused magic."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Uh... could be." He smiled awkwardly. "But I think it worked. The red light probably has to do with one of the gods who I've... acquired the essence of. Bonum. The good one, basically. I guess doing something strong and direct like a binding oath requires more focused magic."

"How interesting..." Rue said, bending to pick up the Oath Rod.