Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"I TRIED to stop you. Why did you think the Aes Sedai tried so hard to stop us? They don't lock down just any ter'angreal like they do the Oath Rod."

Nameless glared at her. "No, I'm not going to let this go. This is your fault too. Our oaths holding doesn't necessarily mean that the Oath Rod still functions, only that whatever TAAron did to it hasn't removed all the oaths it's been used to swear. Which is something at least, but hardly makes it better."

"I'm not happy about it either. In fact, I'm probably madder than you are. The oath rod is a symbol. Some things, once done, can't be undone, and getting angry won't change that."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You tried to stop me because it could potentially shorten my lifespan. And the Oath Rod might still work! I can't really check, though, because Rue threw it through a gateway."

Rue opened another gateway, and the Oath Rod fell back through. "Go ahead and try, then."

Just now, Edema Rue said:

"I'm not happy about it either. In fact, I'm probably madder than you are. The oath rod is a symbol. Some things, once done, can't be undone, and getting angry won't change that."

Rue opened another gateway, and the Oath Rod fell back through. "Go ahead and try, then."

The wall wrote, "ON WHOM?"

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

TAAron took it, and closed his eyes. White light rose from his body. He stayed like that, still, for a few minutes. Then he opened his eyes and smiled. "I'm almost positive that it still works. I don't know how we should test it, though."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron took it, and closed his eyes. White light rose from his body. He stayed like that, still, for a few minutes. Then he opened his eyes and smiled. "I'm almost positive that it still works. I don't know how we should test it, though."

*Raises hand*

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron read it. "What oath would you want to take? Remember, they are quite dangerous."

"My oath would be, I will not cause or attempt to cause harm to others willingly. I am aware they are quite dangerous, but unfortunately I don't have an exact life-span to halve."

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"My oath would be, I will not cause or attempt to cause harm to others willingly. I am aware they are quite dangerous, but unfortunately I don't have an exact life-span to halve."

"Actually, the shortening of the life span might not even be a problem anymore. But also... how would you use it?"

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Nameless grabbed the Oath Rod. “I swear to never say the word ‘purple’ again.” He opened his mouth “purple. Well, looks like it doesn’t work.”

Edited by Nameless*

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"If it is touching me, it should work."

Well I imagine people usually hold it. Also, the caveat to the way he's changed the Oath Rod is that it is very, very difficult for anyone other than him to use it. It's possible, but it would probably take a lot of time and effort to figure out.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless grabbed the Oath Rod. “I swear to never say the word ‘purple’ again.” He opened his mouth, tried and failed to say something, closed his mouth, then nodded. “It still works. Not that it matters much. The Aes Sedai will still kill us all if they ever catch us.”

Ak sorry see what I said above. Though I'll say he might have felt a mild resistance to using the word, for a second.

9 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless grabbed the Oath Rod. “I swear to never say the word ‘purple’ again.” He opened his mouth “purple. Well, looks like it doesn’t work.”

"It might be more difficult to use than normal. Rue had some trouble using my communication spheres, and they are way less powerful."

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It might be more difficult to use than normal. Rue had some trouble using my communication spheres, and they are way less powerful."

“It doesn’t work at all, at  least not how it is supposed to. It rejected the thread of spirit I tried to channel into it.”

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It no longer uses your magic."

Rue frowned. "You've corrupted one of our oldest and greatest ter'angreal...foolish man."

Edited by Edema Rue