Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Nameless* said:

“Well what powers it then? What provides the link between the user and the Oath Rod?”

"You just... use it. Like I said, it takes time, focus and effort. But anyone should be able to use it."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue frowned. "You've corrupted one of our oldest and greatest artifacts...foolish man."

"I'm sorry," he said genuinely.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"Can I try to use the rod, please?"

"You could try, but it might not work immediately."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You just... use it. Like I said, it takes time, focus and effort. But anyone should be able to use it."

"I'm sorry," he said genuinely.

"You could try, but it might not work immediately."

"Okay. That's fine."

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“Have you ever made a ter’angreal?” Rue snapped. “It doesn’t work like that.”

"It's water and metal, a binding of an oath." 

just steal the other ones...

"That seems to be the case, yes."

“Then you couldn’t have changed the weaves that make the Oath Rod function.”

Just now, Aeoryi said:

The text on the wall waited patiently.

nameless pressed the Oath Rod against the wall.

The rod started glowing, and then words on the wall appeared, "I swear to never harm nor attempt to harm others willingly." In bright ink

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"I disrupted and modified the medium that those weaves use. So I may have indirectly expelled them."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

The rod started glowing, and then words on the wall appeared, "I swear to never harm nor attempt to harm others willingly." In bright ink

The rod is already glowing, and it's not going to work that quickly and easily.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"I disrupted and modified the medium that those weaves use. So I may have indirectly expelled them."

"That would've ended my oaths. The weaves are still in the Oath Rod, they're just... blocked somewhat by your magic."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

We'll just assume it's a... Less enforced binding.

So not completely unable, but heavily discouraged.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"That would've ended my oaths. The weaves are still in the Oath Rod, they're just... blocked somewhat by your magic."

"Interesting."

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

It still wouldn't be that fast and effortless.

"So all we have to do to fix the Oath Rod is remove your magic. In theory at least."

"Maybe... Though that might remove my oaths. And it is now made of a different material, and operated in a different way. It may just not work at all if you remove my magic."

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I don't know, a while.

"Maybe... Though that might remove my oaths. And it is now made of a different material, and operated in a different way. It may just not work at all if you remove my magic."

"Its material was dictated by the weaves placed onto it. If we remove your magic, it should revert." Nameless frowned, a thought occurring to him. "By the way, what exactly did you make your Oath Rod able to do?"

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Okay. I have to school now, we'll assume that it finishes working when I come back

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Its material was dictated by the weaves placed onto it. If we remove your magic, it should revert."

"Interesting. The material might revert itself, then, though Stacis crystal tends to be difficult to manipulate in such a way. Maybe you could transfer the weaves somehow?"

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless frowned, a thought occurring to him. "By the way, what exactly did you make your Oath Rod able to do?"

"I didn't specifically make it able to do anything. That would have taken a lot more time and effort. I just used the Rod as a medium to guide my own magic. It should be able to do the same that yours does."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Interesting. The material might revert itself, then, though Stacis crystal tends to be difficult to manipulate in such a way. Maybe you could transfer the weaves somehow?"

"I didn't specifically make it able to do anything. That would have taken a lot more time and effort. I just used the Rod as a medium to guide my own magic. It should be able to do the same that yours does."

"Good, glad you did that. If this thing couldn't undo oaths... that would be very bad." Nameless looked closely at the Oath Rod. "Perhaps we could take this to the world of dreams? Might be able to split it into two there, or something like that."

"Good, glad you did that. If this thing couldn't undo oaths... that would be very bad." Nameless looked closely at the Oath Rod. "Perhaps we could take this to the world of dreams? Might be able to split it into two there, or something like that."

“I could do that,” Rue said. “I have…some talent, there.”

"You could certainly try that. Honestly, I probably won't be of much help with figuring this out. My magic will generally stay like it is, or just stop functioning entirely if you completely disrupt it. It's pretty simple, in that regard."

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“I could do that,” Rue said. “I have…some talent, there.”

"Isn't it extremely difficult to affect real things there? You'll need my help."

"You could certainly try that. Honestly, I probably won't be of much help with figuring this out. My magic will generally stay like it is, or just stop functioning entirely if you completely disrupt it. It's pretty simple, in that regard."

"Alright." Nameless waved a hand absently, making a gateway into the World of Dreams. "Me and Rue will go try to fix it."

"Isn't it extremely difficult to affect real things there? You'll need my help."

"Alright." Nameless waved a hand absently, making a gateway into the World of Dreams. "Me and Rue will go try to fix it."

"Okay. I'll... be here."