Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"If it ends up being more bad than good... I'd have failed. And in that case, I hope someday you'll find someone who deserves your care." He looked down, no longer seeming quite so positive.

...whoops :D 

"There is no question of deserve. My care is not something to be given to to the worthy," Rue scoffed. "So you admit that if it's bad, care isn't worth it?"

Just now, Edema Rue said:

"There is no question of deserve. My care is not something to be given to to the worthy," Rue scoffed. "So you admit that if it's bad, care isn't worth it?"

"No. No, I think it still has worth. I just don't want to hurt you. You deserve better than what your past has brought you."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No. No, I think it still has worth. I just don't want to hurt you. You deserve better than what your past has brought you."

Rue frowned. "If you don't want me to hurt, then tell me how to stop caring."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You'll definitely hurt if you never care for anyone. I couldn't tell you how to stop, anyway."

Rue sniffed and stood up. "Bother. Do try not to die until I figure this out, then."

23 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"I'm not going to die," Rue snorted.

"Good."

The two of them then felt something strange. A combination of a healing warmth and a sharp, foreboding chill. It was disconcerting, and to TAAron... oddly familiar.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

25 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Good."

The two of them then felt something strange. A combination of a healing warmth and a sharp, foreboding chill. It was disconcerting, and to TAAron... oddly familiar.

Rue took a step back. "What are you doing?"

Just now, Edema Rue said:

"Of course I do," she snapped.

A figure appeared then. Not simply blinking into existence, but instead standing at the edge of their vision, so when then looked right at him it was as though he was always there. He wore a dark cloak and carried a knife that seemed to shift, leaving afterimages whenever it moved.

TAAron looked uneasy. "Who are you?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A figure appeared then. Not simply blinking into existence, but instead standing at the edge of their vision, so when then looked right at him it was as though he was always there. He wore a dark cloak and carried a knife that seemed to shift, leaving afterimages whenever it moved.

TAAron looked uneasy. "Who are you?"

Rue backed up. "What do you want?"

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue backed up. "What do you want?"

"Just to talk," the figure said, voice quiet and soft. "It's been a while, TAAron. How have you been?"

TAAron got a closer look at the figure, and seemed perplexed. "I don't know you."

@Edema Rue

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Just to talk," the figure said, voice quiet and soft. "It's been a while, TAAron. How have you been?"

TAAron got a closer look at the figure, and seemed perplexed. "I don't know you."

@Edema Rue

Rue looked at TAAron, lips tightly pursed. “Are you sure?”

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No. I simply came here because I was interested in how he was faring. It's rare for one of my master's former subjects to be so... unaffected."

Rue raised an eyebrow. “Care to explain, stranger?”

19 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"He was killed, and later restored."

TAAron was shocked. "You're telling me I've somehow forgotten all of this?"

Rue blinked. “That’s…hard to believe.”