Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

20 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Go ahead.” Inwardly, Rue felt a sense of panic, one that, try as she might, she couldn’t shove down.

Idiot. This is what comes from caring for others…and being too weak to save them. 

"Well, back when he had died, his friends made a deal to revive him. Their end of the bargain... was not entirely held up. It wasn't a major infraction, and unlike many gods, Death is rather lenient. He wouldn't normally recollect TAAron on those grounds. However, he now has a new reason to do so." Lerac paused. "TAAron is the sole holder of what remains of the power of two gods. Those gods' souls now inhabit my master's realm. Recently, TAAron performed some magic that called upon those two gods individually, instead of in balance. When one of them, Malum, was called, he caused some havoc in the underworld. In the interest of its security, Death will enforce his deal."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, back when he had died, his friends made a deal to revive him. Their end of the bargain... was not entirely held up. It wasn't a major infraction, and unlike many gods, Death is rather lenient. He wouldn't normally recollect TAAron on those grounds. However, he now has a new reason to do so." Lerac paused. "TAAron is the sole holder of what remains of the power of two gods. Those gods' souls now inhabit my master's realm. Recently, TAAron performed some magic that called upon those two gods individually, instead of in balance. When one of them, Malum, was called, he caused some havoc in the underworld. In the interest of its security, Death will enforce his deal."

Rue raised an eyebrow at this, eying TAAron. You don’t even know the people you choose to care about…shut up!

”Death really needs a mortal’s soul to enforce his control?” It was a desperate attempt, and Rue knew it.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue raised an eyebrow at this, eying TAAron. You don’t even know the people you choose to care about…shut up!

”Death really needs a mortal’s soul to enforce his control?” It was a desperate attempt, and Rue knew it.

"If TAAron is dead, he cannot use his magic, and therefore cannot disrupt the function of the underworld. The only other way would be to destroy the souls of his gods."

I think TAAron has been transparent about his magic... He's told her that it comes from his deceased gods, and he at least told her specifically that the red magic was indicative of Bonum's influence. He wasn't really aware that he was leaning towards Malum when causing pain to the Aes Sedai.

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"If TAAron is dead, he cannot use his magic, and therefore cannot disrupt the function of the underworld. The only other way would be to destroy the souls of his gods."

Rue shrugged. “You can’t have him. We need him here.” 

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It's not up to either of us." Lerac stepped toward the frozen TAAron, brandishing his odd blade.

“Wait,” Rue said quickly. “Wait. Why don’t we just destroy the souls of the gods?”

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“Wait,” Rue said quickly. “Wait. Why don’t we just destroy the souls of the gods?”

"...No. There is no justification for that. TAAron can be taken, and the situation is resolved without causing destruction that goes against protocol."

50 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless frowned. "What do you need me to do?"

“That’s the thing. I don’t know how the rod works. I know my songs make your channeling touch it, but beyond that, you’ll have to take lead. So… I’m going to need to sing and attempt to channel. Sing a tune that encapsulates what needs to be accomplished. Change the feel of the tune if needed. I’ll be able to follow you better than you’ll be able to lead yourself.”

"...No. There is no justification for that. TAAron can be taken, and the situation is resolved without causing destruction that goes against protocol."

“Can he, now?” Rue asked, a flame hovering in front of her. 

Are we still in funky timelines or can she call to Nameless through the bond?

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"A threat? Again?" Lerac stepped closer with the knife.

Rue batted the knife away with a thread of air. “Yes. There are more important things than your work, believe it or not.”

I feel like Lerac needs a hug.

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue batted the knife away with a thread of air. “Yes. There are more important things than your work, believe it or not.”

You bet.

The air split around the dagger, and it was unaffected. "I've already told you, it's not up to me."

The air split around the dagger, and it was unaffected. "I've already told you, it's not up to me."

"Why not?" Rue snapped, losing control for a moment. "Are you too weak to say no?"

"Why not?" Rue snapped, losing control for a moment. "Are you too weak to say no?"

"My master is among the most powerful gods in the multiverse. So yes. But I can't say I disagree with his reasoning, either."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"My master is among the most powerful gods in the multiverse. So yes. But I can't say I disagree with his reasoning, either."

"I can," Rue said. "If I kill the souls of the gods, will you let TAAron be?"

"I can," Rue said. "If I kill the souls of the gods, will you let TAAron be?"

"You gave no access to the underworld, no ability with which to destroy their souls, and, most importantly, Death would not allow it. Annihilating the souls of two gods for the sake of one mortal is ridiculous and inexcusable."

"You gave no access to the underworld, no ability with which to destroy their souls, and, most importantly, Death would not allow it. Annihilating the souls of two gods for the sake of one mortal is ridiculous and inexcusable."

"What if I don't care?"

He's right...

Just let him go...

Let it be...

No.

"What if I don't care?"

He's right...

Just let him go...

Let it be...

No.

"I cannot stop you from trying, but I assure you that you will fail. And I will still be taking him now. Mortal souls degrade rather rapidly in the underworld, so your efforts will be pointless." He brought the dagger to TAAron's chest.

20 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I cannot stop you from trying, but I assure you that you will fail. And I will still be taking him now. Mortal souls degrade rather rapidly in the underworld, so your efforts will be pointless." He brought the dagger to TAAron's chest.

“Wait. Don’t…” Rue sighed. “Please don’t. We can…we can make a deal, or something.”

“Wait. Don’t…” Rue sighed. “Please don’t. We can…we can make a deal, or something.”

"What kind of deal?" Any and all emotion has been drained from his voice, so absolutely that it may have made Rue envious.

"What kind of deal?" Any and all emotion has been drained from his voice, so absolutely that it may have made Rue envious.

Rue would have been envious, if she could have felt envy in that moment. A rosebud opening to the sun…

”What would work?” She replied, the perfect picture of Aes Sedai serenity.

Rue would have been envious, if she could have felt envy in that moment. A rosebud opening to the sun…

”What would work?” She replied, the perfect picture of Aes Sedai serenity.

"If you had something to offer Death in exchange for the immense amount of trouble he has caused and will cause, I suppose that would do it."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"If you had something to offer Death in exchange for the immense amount of trouble he has caused and will cause, I suppose that would do it."

“And what do I have that Death would want?” Rue asked, feeling a sinking sense of dread.