Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Library

10 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue looks over to her. “Who are you?”

"Oh - I'm sorry. My name is Aventine,  I just checked in. I actually came to the library to catch up on some reading, but then I heard some, er... 'tense' conversation and wanted to make sure everything was okay." She bowed. "It is an honor to meet you..." she trailed off, implying that she was asking for someone's name.

20 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Library

"Oh - I'm sorry. My name is Aventine,  I just checked in. I actually came to the library to catch up on some reading, but then I heard some, er... 'tense' conversation and wanted to make sure everything was okay." She bowed. "It is an honor to meet you..." she trailed off, implying that she was asking for someone's name.

"Hi! Do you want to be friends?"

21 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Library

Has it been all that tense, really?

"You're new here? Hi, I'm TAAron."

2 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

"Hi! Do you want to be friends?"

"I would not mind that at all!" Aventine smiled before turning to TAAron.

I think it would probably seem tense to someone just walking in.

"Yes, I just checked in."

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I would not mind that at all!" Aventine smiled before turning to TAAron.

"Yes, I just checked in."

"Apparently we are going to Roshar to find a lake that is really a portal to the underworld to go defeat the beings that give TAAron powers so that he doesn't have to be taken away by Death! And Jar Man is high."

Edited by Canada Lover

9 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

"Apparently we are going to Roshar to find a lake that is really a portal to the underworld to go defeat the beings that give TAAron powers so that he doesn't have to be taken away by Death! And Jar Man is high."

"Wow, that's... a lot to unwrap. The part about someone being high is less so, I suppose. But isn't going to the underworld and destroying, er, powerful beings kinda... I don't know... idiotic? And from what I'm aware, Death is very difficult to resist."

Edited by Spark of Hope

19 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Wow, that's... a lot to unwrap. The part about someone being high is less so, I suppose. But isn't going to the underworld and destroying, er, powerful beings kinda... I don't know... idiotic? And from what I'm aware, Death is very difficult to resist."

"It's either we go to the underworld or TAAron dies."

1 minute ago, Canada Lover said:

"It's either we go to the underworld or TAAron dies."

"It concerns me how casually you say that." Aventine started burning her zinc and made Luna a little more afraid. "Don't you normally get there by dying? That can't be safe."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"It concerns me how casually you say that." Aventine started burning her zinc and made Luna a little more afraid. "Don't you normally get there by dying? That can't be safe."

"There's an entrance we found..." TAAron frowned. "Are you burning zinc?"

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Well how the shuck can you tell someone is burning without burning bronze?!"

"I don't know. I used to be a mistborn. Maybe something got left behind."

Nice

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

14 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Luna started having an existential life crisis and curled up in a corner, hugging her knees and sniffling very quietly.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I sort of... inherited some power from a couple of dead gods. I stopped being able to burn metals."

"That's... interesting. Does that have something to do with the whole "Death wants my soul" thing?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"So, why were you rioting?"

"Listen, I may have just met you guys, but I care about you. Typically going to the underworld involves death. I will not allow you guys to unalive yourselves."

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Listen, I may have just met you guys, but I care about you. Typically going to the underworld involves death. I will not allow you guys to unalive yourselves."

"Honestly, I would rather go alone, since I'll die anyway if I do nothing."

@Edema Rue

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Honestly, I would rather go alone, since I'll die anyway if I do nothing."

@Edema Rue

Aventine didn't answer right away. Maybe I can help this guy. She knew he would be able to detect her burning, but it seemed like he needed it right now. She started trying to bolster his confidence - both in himself and his friends.