Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

50 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"The whole empire, though Luthadel, as the capital, is a shining example."

“What’s the…the magic like, here? Is there magic?”

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

"Easy," Tal said. "We aren't going to be making anyone suffer. Neither of you are."

Rue looked at her for a long moment, then shook her head and walked back to TAAron. "What is this place?"

"You're making me suffer." Melody rolled her eyes

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“What’s the…the magic like, here? Is there magic?”

"The metallic arts. Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy. Allomancy is the most common, and some people can burn certain metals for certain abilities. Feruchemy lets you store traits like health or strength in metals. Hemalurgy... well, hopefully we won't see much of that while we're here. It involves using metal spikes to transfer abilities between people."

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"You're making me suffer." Melody rolled her eyes

Tal forced himself to be patient. "I think you and I have different definitions of suffer, my dear. Why don't we take a step back, go have some chouta?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"The metallic arts. Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy. Allomancy is the most common, and some people can burn certain metals for certain abilities. Feruchemy lets you store traits like health or strength in metals. Hemalurgy... well, hopefully we won't see much of that while we're here. It involves using metal spikes to transfer abilities between people."

"Hmm. And who has the...no, no, of course. The power goes to the nobility, the ones in charge of this whole mess, doesn't it?" Rue sounded faintly angry, which meant that if she weren't Aes Sedai, she'd probably be screaming.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Tal forced himself to be patient. "I think you and I have different definitions of suffer, my dear. Why don't we take a step back, go have some chouta?"

"Hmm. And who has the...no, no, of course. The power goes to the nobility, the ones in charge of this whole mess, doesn't it?" Rue sounded faintly angry, which meant that if she weren't Aes Sedai, she'd probably be screaming.

"What is... Chouta?"

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Well, yes. And at the very top, the Lord Ruler. He controls the nobility with Atium, a rare and especially powerful metal."

30 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal gasped dramatically. "You've never had chouta?" He turned to the Gyorn. "What about you?"

@-Redacted-

Melody manifested a blade in response to this, but didn't show signs of wanting to use it for agression

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, yes. And at the very top, the Lord Ruler. He controls the nobility with Atium, a rare and especially powerful metal."

“Of course,” Rue muttered. “Of course. The ones with power always find a way control the weak.”

3 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody manifested a blade in response to this, but didn't show signs of wanting to use it for agression

1 hour ago, -Redacted- said:

"What is this....chouta?"

Tal shook his head, amazed. “Uh…wow. Okay. Come on, we’re going to the mess hall.” He started walking, gesturing for them to follow.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“Of course,” Rue muttered. “Of course. The ones with power always find a way control the weak.”

Tal shook his head, amazed. “Uh…wow. Okay. Come on, we’re going to the mess hall.” He started walking, gesturing for them to follow.

"Yeah... Some day, it'll change. I don't know why we're in Scadrial's past, but it'll change for the better."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yeah... Some day, it'll change. I don't know why we're in Scadrial's past, but it'll change for the better."

“Why wait?” Rue asked coldly. “We have a clinic where these people could live, really live, maybe even be trained into people who could…who could help other worlds like this…”

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

“Why wait?” Rue asked coldly. “We have a clinic where these people could live, really live, maybe even be trained into people who could…who could help other worlds like this…”

"Can the Clinic handle so many thousands?"

"Can the Clinic handle so many thousands?"

“We can-we can fit a few hundred, teach them what they need to survive in a place of their own, then bring more in, or, or we could bring them to other worlds…” Rue’s eyes looked faintly wild, and all of her seemed less…solid than usual. “We could be doing more for them than we are now.”

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“We can-we can fit a few hundred, teach them what they need to survive in a place of their own, then bring more in, or, or we could bring them to other worlds…” Rue’s eyes looked faintly wild, and all of her seemed less…solid than usual. “We could be doing more for them than we are now.”

"Hey." He looked her in the eye. "I'm all for helping people, but... this might be too much to do, right now."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Hey." He looked her in the eye. "I'm all for helping people, but... this might be too much to do, right now."

“Is it?” Rue asked, suddenly cold again. “And for how long will it be too much, TAAron? When will it ever not be too much?”

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

“Is it?” Rue asked, suddenly cold again. “And for how long will it be too much, TAAron? When will it ever not be too much?”

"I don't know if it's too much. And we can try. But if it is too much, I'm worried about how invested you are in this."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know if it's too much. And we can try. But if it is too much, I'm worried about how invested you are in this."

“What right do you have to be worried?” Rue snapped.

Edited by Edema Rue
Posted early heehee

"I care about you."

“You can care,” Rue said slowly, “without needing control.”

*giggles* that was a good line :)

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm not trying to stop you. I'm just worried."

Rue blinked slowly, taking a long breath. “I don’t want to be the monster, TAAron,” she whispered.

59 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Okay?"

21 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You aren't. You won't be. You are a good person."

“You don’t know that,” Rue whispered, softer. “And you don’t know what I’ll become. No one does.”

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"Okay?"

Tal lead them to a large room. There were a few people scattered about, and at one end was a huge sign that said “CHOUTA”