Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Edema Rue said:

"That's one way of putting it," Rue said. "Beauty built from pain..." She froze, looking across the room. "There." Lord Elariel was entering, though there was no sign of his son.

TAAron nodded. "So, they'll make some sort of announcement or display. Then what?"

The music began, and couples began moving out to the dance floor.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron nodded. "So, they'll make some sort of announcement or display. Then what?"

The music began, and couples began moving out to the dance floor.

"I'm not sure," Rue said. "You heard more of their conversation than I did..." As the couples began to move, they lost sight of Lord Elariel...but Rue caught a glimpse of a steel inquisitor near the entrance. "TAAron," she said emotionlessly, "what is that?"

"I'm not sure," Rue said. "You heard more of their conversation than I did..." As the couples began to move, they lost sight of Lord Elariel...but Rue caught a glimpse of a steel inquisitor near the entrance. "TAAron," she said emotionlessly, "what is that?"

TAAron went pale. "Steel inquisitor. Remember what I said about Hemalurgy? They use that. They're the chief ministers to the Lord Ruler." He thought for a moment. "I might have heard Elariel mention them. I hoped that I had misheard..."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron went pale. "Steel inquisitor. Remember what I said about Hemalurgy? They use that. They're the chief ministers to the Lord Ruler." He thought for a moment. "I might have heard Elariel mention them. I hoped that I had misheard..."

"How is it..alive?" Rue couldn't seem to pull her eyes away.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It's... complicated. The spikes manipulate their Spiritweb, and something about that moves their vital organs so it doesn't kill them."

"I assume that makes them more difficult to kill?" 

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"I assume that makes them more difficult to kill?" 

"They are extremely difficult to kill. If you remove the spikes in their heads or one particular spike in their backs, they die. But they are extremely magically powerful and physically strong."

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"They are extremely difficult to kill. If you remove the spikes in their heads or one particular spike in their backs, they die. But they are extremely magically powerful and physically strong."

Rue nodded, turning back to the rest of the dance. "Do you see Lord Elariel?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron frowned. "No, I think I lost him."

"Me too..." She craned her neck, but didn't see him anywhere. Just then, a lady dressed in rich silks stepped up to their table. "I don't believe we've met...are you from out of town, dears?"

7 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"Me too..." She craned her neck, but didn't see him anywhere. Just then, a lady dressed in rich silks stepped up to their table. "I don't believe we've met...are you from out of town, dears?"

"Yes," TAAron responded simply, putting on his best charming smile. "Visiting in Luthadel for a little while. The sights really are wonderful, aren't they?"

@Edema Rue

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

14 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"That's one way of putting it," Rue said. "Beauty built from pain..." She froze, looking across the room. "There." Lord Elariel was entering, though there was no sign of his son.

"Nope," Tal said. "I don't lie." Not anymore...

"You have before, at least."

20 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yes," TAAron responded simply, putting on his best charming smile. "Visiting in Luthadel for a little while. The sights really are wonderful, aren't they?"

@Edema Rue

Rue nodded, trying to look...pleasant.

The woman giggled. "If you bore of your companion...or require more entertainment during your stay here...just ask for Lady Cosan Urbain, my Lord." She blew him a kiss, then floated back into the crowd. 

10 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"You have before, at least."

"Most everyone has," Tal said easily. "I do hope you won't hold it against me..."

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The woman giggled. "If you bore of your companion...or require more entertainment during your stay here...just ask for Lady Cosan Urbain, my Lord." She blew him a kiss, then floated back into the crowd. 

"Most everyone has," Tal said easily. "I do hope you won't hold it against me..."

TAAron frowned. "What was that supposed to be?"

TAAron frowned. "What was that supposed to be?"

Rue raised an eyebrow, snorting softly. "Never been around nobility, have you?"

"No... That was just strange to actually be on the receiving end of." He shook his head. "What should we be doing right now?"

"The receiving end...you mean, you've done that to people?" Rue actually snickered. "Mingling, perhaps, or finding Lord Elariel...who seems to have vanished."

"The receiving end...you mean, you've done that to people?" Rue actually snickered. "Mingling, perhaps, or finding Lord Elariel...who seems to have vanished."

"No, as in I've read similar interactions. And maybe we can try to find him by mingling? Just took have an excuse to move around the room."

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No, as in I've read similar interactions. And maybe we can try to find him by mingling? Just took have an excuse to move around the room."

Rue nodded. "That would be wise..." She stood up, scanning the crowd, but there was still no sign of him...

11 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I would expect him to be near the inquisitors, they have something to do with his plan."

As far as they could see, though, there was only the one inquisitor. Rue stood up. "Let's mingle, then. You'll probably need to do most of the talking."

5 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

As far as they could see, though, there was only the one inquisitor. Rue stood up. "Let's mingle, then. You'll probably need to do most of the talking."

"Yeah..." TAAron sighed. "I wonder if there's some way we can avoid talking?"

@Edema Rue

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

13 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"Now do you see why most people deserve to die?" 

6 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yeah..." TAAron sighed. "I wonder if there's some way we can avoid talking?"

@Edema Rue

"Surrounded by nobles? I doubt it..." Rue stood up.

4 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"Now do you see why most people deserve to die?" 

"Woah, woah, easy there. I feel like I missed a few things..." Tal raised an eyebrow. "Just because people have lied means they deserve to die? How does that makes sense?"