Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stood up with her, then looked around. His eyes landed on the dance floor. "Maybe if we were the only two expected to be talking to each other?"

"All right," Rue said, too distracted to even sound angry about it. "Though I should warn you, I haven't danced since before I got to the clinic..."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

"All right," Rue said, too distracted to even sound angry about it. "Though I should warn you, I haven't danced since before I got to the clinic..."

He shrugged. "It'll be fine. It's better than having to come up with answers for people's questions while you're completely silent."

5 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He shrugged. "It'll be fine. It's better than having to come up with answers for people's questions while you're completely silent."

Rue snorted and moved to the dance floor. "It's...strange. There's nothing like this on my world."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"That's unfortunate. I quite like dancing." He smiled at her.

Rue found herself smiling back, a little more naturally now. This is absurd...we need to protect the clinic, and other worlds, and...and... "It...can be enjoyable. Occasionally." She stepped onto the dance floor.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Rue found herself smiling back, a little more naturally now. This is absurd...we need to protect the clinic, and other worlds, and...and... "It...can be enjoyable. Occasionally." She stepped onto the dance floor.

TAAron faced her, and reached out. Then he hesitated. "You won't stab me, will you?"

TAAron faced her, and reached out. Then he hesitated. "You won't stab me, will you?"

"I don't carry knives," Rue replied, taking his hand. And somehow...against everything I've ever believed...I think I trust you.

"I don't carry knives," Rue replied, taking his hand. And somehow...against everything I've ever believed...I think I trust you.

He grinned, took her waist, and led her into a dance. He was quite natural and fluid. "This is nice."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He grinned, took her waist, and led her into a dance. He was quite natural and fluid. "This is nice."

Rue stiffened, and moved hesitantly at first. I am Rue Sedai of the red ajah, she thought, somewhat incredulously, and I am dancing with a man. A man with power... "It...is," she agreed, letting out a small breath.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue stiffened, and moved hesitantly at first. I am Rue Sedai of the red ajah, she thought, somewhat incredulously, and I am dancing with a man. A man with power... "It...is," she agreed, letting out a small breath.

He smiled at her again, before beginning to look around as they danced. "I don't think I see Elariel, do you?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He smiled at her again, before beginning to look around as they danced. "I don't think I see Elariel, do you?"

Rue shook her head, her smile fading. "No...light, he must be in a side room..." There were, however, noticeably more inquisitors. "Can they...can they see?" Rue asked.

Rue shook her head, her smile fading. "No...light, he must be in a side room..." There were, however, noticeably more inquisitors. "Can they...can they see?" Rue asked.

"Not in the typical sense. They have very powerful Allomancy that lets them view the world by burning steel."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Not in the typical sense. They have very powerful Allomancy that lets them view the world by burning steel."

"I suppose that isn't the strangest thing I've-" Rue cut off as an inquisitor stepped onto the dance floor, the crowd scattering and twittering as he walked towards them.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron froze, his grip on her hand tightening.

Rue winced and pulled away, looking it in the...ah...spikes.

The inquisitor grinned. "Found you," he murmured, grabbing Rue roughly by the arm and reaching for TAAron.

Rue winced and pulled away, looking it in the...ah...spikes.

The inquisitor grinned. "Found you," he murmured, grabbing Rue roughly by the arm and reaching for TAAron.

TAAron pulled back, now looking terrified. He tried to reach for Rue.

TAAron pulled back, now looking terrified. He tried to reach for Rue.

Rue struggled, but the inquisitor held tight. Even as she tried to blast it with Air, it held on. "Get out of here," she hissed. 

"I'm not leaving you!"

More inquisitors were coming now, 6 including the one holding Rue. "If you die here," Rue said, "I'll never forgive you." Or myself... "You need to tell the clinic what's happening here before they spread." The inquisitor stuck his hand over her mouth, and she bit at him, but he wouldn't let go. She concentrated, and a gateway appeared behind TAAron, to the shock of the guests. Then, with a wave of air, she shoved him through it, letting it snap shut behind him.

In the mess hall at the clinic, Tal glanced at his watch. "Oop! I'm on break now. See you guys later." Then he popped out of existence.

@Aeoryi @InvisibIe

More inquisitors were coming now, 6 including the one holding Rue. "If you die here," Rue said, "I'll never forgive you." Or myself... "You need to tell the clinic what's happening here before they spread." The inquisitor stuck his hand over her mouth, and she bit at him, but he wouldn't let go. She concentrated, and a gateway appeared behind TAAron, to the shock of the guests. Then, with a wave of air, she shoved him through it, letting it snap shut behind him.

In the mess hall at the clinic, Tal glanced at his watch. "Oop! I'm on break now. See you guys later." Then he popped out of existence.

@Aeoryi @InvisibIe

"NO!" TAAron's cry was pained and desperate as he was issued through the gateway. "Rue-"

It was too late. The gateway closed, and he collapsed to the ground, beginning to cry.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"NO!" TAAron's cry was pained and desperate as he was issued through the gateway. "Rue-"

It was too late. The gateway closed, and he collapsed to the ground, beginning to cry.

Well scud I almost feel bad now...

10 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

@Aeoryi @InvisibIe

"Wait-"

Melody stood there, alone.

Maybe I should go apologize to the person who needed to be healed. Where did they even go?

13 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

@Aeoryi @InvisibIe

"Bother. I thought that one was starting to open up to Shu Dereth."