Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

jar man grins. "never"

"What would... what would it take to get you to stop?" Aventine asked, somewhere between submissive and scared.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"What would... what would it take to get you to stop?" Aventine asked, somewhere between submissive and scared.

jar man spins in a circle. "youd have to tie me up" he grins wider. "why do you ask?" then he falls on his face. then laughs.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

jar man spins in a circle. "youd have to tie me up" he grins wider. "why do you ask?" then he falls on his face. then laughs.

I really don't want to have to go through this again... Maybe he forgot? "Do you remember what I told you after... the, eh... bathroom incident?"

"Nope!"

Aventine took a deep breath and did her best to hold back her tears as she spoke. "My father was an addict, which is why I was supposed to be a Soother, but I was a Rioter, so he abused me and hired assassins trying to take me out. Eventually, he ran out of what his dealer wanted in exchange, so he..." She almost broke, and her voice began to shake. "So he sold me to him instead. That's... that's why I ran away from home."

1 minute ago, Invisible said:

“Thats… rough.” Elan said, not sure what else to say.

She laughed, but it was forced. "That's just the 20 second synopsis. The 'bathroom incident' was... it was a suicide attempt."

jar mans eyes widen. "Wait... now i remember. Ave... what the hell is wrong with me..."

"Just... try?" She held her tears back, though her eyes were still wetter than normal. "Please?"

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"Just... try?" She held her tears back, though her eyes were still wetter than normal. "Please?"

jar man holds out a bottle with some strange liquid in it. "Happiness. not alchohol. liquid emotion. because somethings are worth giving up for others."

jar man holds out a bottle with some strange liquid in it. "Happiness. not alchohol. liquid emotion. because somethings are worth giving up for others."

She nodded and wiped her wet eyes. "Thank you."

jar man sits. "i cant make it stop. this is who i am, but i will never forget that again."

She nodded. She looked like she was about to say something, but decided against it.

jar man cocks his head in curiousity.

"Just..." She sighed. "I know this is a mirror of the Luthadel where I was raised - like, a doppelganger of an entire city, but... it's till really hard to be back here..."

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

jar man puts a blindfold around aventines eyes. "There. now its impossible"

She laughed again, this time for real. "You gonna be my seeing-eye Jar Man while we're here?"

3 minutes ago, Invisible said:

"Y'all's are... traumatized. I don't even... I don't know..."

"It's.... Okay, yeah. It's pretty bad."

jar man shrugs. "sure." then he chuckles a bit, then flat out laughs.

Aventine kept laughing as well. This was the best she'd felt in a long while. She'd been at peace, sometimes even content, but this... This was the first time she'd felt truly happy for years.

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine kept laughing as well. This was the best she'd felt in a long while. She'd been at peace, sometimes even content, but this... This was the first time she'd felt truly happy for years.

jar man continues laughing. "oh god this is funny"

jar man continues laughing. "oh god this is funny"

"Not funny, just... With everyone in the clinic, I just... I feel more at home than I ever did... well, at home."