Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her eyebrows wrinkled in confusion as she looked back at him.

i realized where this was going after typed it,

"yeah. a spark of hope. and maybe, just maybe, your emotional powers arent just rioting... maybe you can soothe as well..."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"yeah. a spark of hope. and maybe, just maybe, your emotional powers arent just rioting... maybe you can soothe as well..."

She shook her head again. "I'm just a Misting, not a Mistborn. You either have one power or all of them. I'd know by now. There's trace metals in just about everything - water, food, even some dinnerware. Enough to burn, so like I said, I know I only have one."

Something seemed to click in her mind. "But Waylen... whenever my father wasn't around, he would tell stories. Even only being able to burn one type of metal, he thought it was important for me to know what they all did - he even told me about metals that only Mistborn can burn..." She glanced down at her necklace, and everything made sense.

Aventine spun around faster than Jar Man had ever seen anyone spin. "I need a knife. Now!"

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She shook her head again. "I'm just a Misting, not a Mistborn. You either have one power or all of them. I'd know by now. There's trace metals in just about everything - water, food, even some dinnerware. Enough to burn, so like I said, I know I only have one."

Something seemed to click in her mind. "But Waylen... whenever my father wasn't around, he would tell stories. Even only being able to burn one type of metal, he thought it was important for me to know what they all did - he even told me about metals that only Mistborn can burn..." She glanced down at her necklace, and everything made sense.

Aventine spun around faster than Jar Man had ever seen anyone spin. "I need a knife. Now!"

He jumps higher than any human has any right to do. "AH OK" he puts his hand into his cloak and pulls out a knife with a well sharpened edge.

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He jumps higher than any human has any right to do. "AH OK" he puts his hand into his cloak and pulls out a knife with a well sharpened edge.

She took it without looking (idiotically, but with no repercussions) and began carving at the necklace. "Would you store that zinc for me? I don't want to waste it, even if this doesn't go like I think it will."

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She took it without looking (idiotically, but with no repercussions) and began carving at the necklace. "Would you store that zinc for me? I don't want to waste it, even if this doesn't go like I think it will."

jar man holds a jar already.

25 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

jar man holds a jar already.

Aventine continued slicing at the charm, and the shavings created a small pile on the ground.

"He said he'd heard rumors... did he really find it?" she muttered.

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine continued slicing at the charm, and the shavings created a small pile on the ground.

"He said he'd heard rumors... did he really find it?" she muttered.

Jar man pulls out a shopvac and sucks the shavings into the jars.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man pulls out a shopvac and sucks the shavings into the jars.

The clump of zinc got smaller and smaller, and Aventine was slicing at it a little too quickly. The blade caught her thumb and drew blood."

"Agh-!" She stuck her thumb in her mouth to get the blood off. Her sleeve slipped down slightly and showed scars - not self harm, but from her father. After a couple seconds, she went back to cutting.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

The clump of zinc got smaller and smaller, and Aventine was slicing at it a little too quickly. The blade caught her thumb and drew blood."

"Agh-!" She stuck her thumb in her mouth to get the blood off. Her sleeve slipped down slightly and showed scars - not self harm, but from her father. After a couple seconds, she went back to cutting.

jar man raises an eyebrow, but says nothing.

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

jar man raises an eyebrow, but says nothing.

Perceiving his silence, she said, "Not my work. I got used to pain eventually." She pulled the charm closer to her face and started making more precise slashes. "So I was right."

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Perceiving his silence, she said, "Not my work. I got used to pain eventually." She pulled the charm closer to her face and started making more precise slashes. "So I was right."

"figured" he shrugs. he also leans in. "what?"

19 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"figured" he shrugs. he also leans in. "what?"

"I knew most of Waylen's stories were true - I wasn't the only Misting in the House. But there was one metal in particular... one he spoke about in hushed tones, more so than any of the others. I thought it sounded too good to be true, but here we are."

She lifted the fully carved bit of metal, a different color from the rest of the zinc necklace. "Lerasium - the metal that can make anyone who swallows it a Mistborn."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I knew most of Waylen's stories were true - I wasn't the only Misting in the House. But there was one metal in particular... one he spoke about in hushed tones, more so than any of the others. I thought it sounded too good to be true, but here we are."

She lifted the fully carved bit of metal, a different color from the rest of the zinc necklace. "Lerasium - the metal that can make anyone who swallows it a Mistborn."

he pales. "Thats not what i was talking about..."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he pales. "Thats not what i was talking about..."

She kept looking at the metal in awe, not looking at him. "What were you referring to, then?"

34 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"emotions can drown out others."

“I’m still largely unskilled in what I have. I was forbidden from Allomancy for years. Even my diet was closely monitored.”

5 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"A lot of strange things? Why?"

“This place attracts people who don’t know what’s going on and need to know more. That or this place is a hotspot for chaos. I heard this place and it drew me here. Others have similar stories.”

58 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

“This place attracts people who don’t know what’s going on and need to know more. That or this place is a hotspot for chaos. I heard this place and it drew me here. Others have similar stories.”

"No, but like, where is the clinic?" 

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"So this is a nightmare?"

“No, it’s a dream! This is the first time I’ve been able to work out the problems with my magic without much danger coming from me. Maybe it’s a time for you to discover why you don’t have wings?”

Just now, Cash67 said:

“No, it’s a dream! This is the first time I’ve been able to work out the problems with my magic without much danger coming from me. Maybe it’s a time for you to discover why you don’t have wings?”

Sol nodded. "Maybe have some adventures."