Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Ah. I... I guess I should go then." She scuffed her shoe on the floor, both hoping he's ask her to stay and at the same time desperately needing to escape. 

"I didn't come here. I just appeared." 

Wait what

"No, that's okay! I'm sorry, I just... Don't understand what happened, or why. I'm scared to try and remember."

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Ah. I... I guess I should go then." She scuffed her shoe on the floor, both hoping he's ask her to stay and at the same time desperately needing to escape. 

"I didn't come here. I just appeared." 

"So you do have magic..."

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Alright, let’s go.” Aventine grabbed Jar Man’s wrist. “See you guys soon.” She concentrated on the clinic’s inter dimensional location.

She did not focus on the intro dimensional elevation.

The two began falling through the sky directly above one of the clinic’s courtyards, and Aventine crashed through a tree. Their fall caused such a commotion that it gained the attention of those in the clinic.

@Cash67 @The Halcyon Girl @Edema Rue @The Aspiring Archivist

Tal popped back into existence. “Break’s over,” he murmured. “Anything new happen while I was away?”

A voice sounded in TAAron’s head. It almost sounded like…Rue?

TAAron? She sounded panicked, with none of her usual cool serenity. Can you hear me?

@The Aspiring Archivist

16 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"So you do have magic..."

"And you've already seen mine." Pic hums. After taking in the rest of the clinic, he adds, "And most of these people probably do too."

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal popped back into existence. “Break’s over,” he murmured. “Anything new happen while I was away?”

TAAron? She sounded panicked, with none of her usual cool serenity. Can you hear me?

@The Aspiring Archivist

How... Plot convenient -.-

Anyways, Depression 

Melody had failed again.

Again, and again.

Failed to find Rue.

Failed to inspire the lost.

The rage of the abandoned befell her, and she cried

Because she couldn't do anything, despite being able to do everything.

It felt so bad. 

It felt worse.

"Why are you pushing yourself down?" The last rational part of her asked, "Why do you deserve this?"

Because, Melody thought back, I should be able to take the challenge. I shouldn't fail. I'm not supposed to.

"You're making it much worse on yourself for no reason." 

I... Hate myself. Melody realized.

"I don't hate you."

You do. Deep inside, you know you hate me. I bet you TAAron does. I bet Rue did. I bet that Aether dude did too. I bet Tal does, and I bet Aventine and jar man and Luna all do. I bet you anyone who knows me does, but they lie about it to make me feel better.

"Do you not believe in genuity? Why would they lie to you if they hate you?" 

They... Wouldn't. But they don't care about me. It's self-evident.

"I think that you're being stubborn."

I Don't even know who you are.

"Melody," her internal voice spoke, "I am you."

Melody immediately snapped back to the real world, and closed her eyes.

She wanted to be hated.

She wanted to be neglected.

And she would have her way.

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

"And you've already seen mine." Pic hums. After taking in the rest of the clinic, he adds, "And most of these people probably do too."

"I haven't seen your magic. But unfortunately, one day you and your magic will part ways."

11 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

@The Aspiring Archivist

TAAron immediately went alert. "Rue?"

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody had failed again.

Again, and again.

Failed to find Rue.

Failed to inspire the lost.

The rage of the abandoned befell her, and she cried

Because she couldn't do anything, despite being able to do everything.

It felt so bad. 

It felt worse.

"Why are you pushing yourself down?" The last rational part of her asked, "Why do you deserve this?"

Because, Melody thought back, I should be able to take the challenge. I shouldn't fail. I'm not supposed to.

"You're making it much worse on yourself for no reason." 

I... Hate myself. Melody realized.

"I don't hate you."

You do. Deep inside, you know you hate me. I bet you TAAron does. I bet Rue did. I bet that Aether dude did too. I bet Tal does, and I bet Aventine and jar man and Luna all do. I bet you anyone who knows me does, but they lie about it to make me feel better.

"Do you not believe in genuity? Why would they lie to you if they hate you?" 

They... Wouldn't. But they don't care about me. It's self-evident.

"I think that you're being stubborn."

I Don't even know who you are.

"Melody," her internal voice spoke, "I am you."

Melody immediately snapped back to the real world, and closed her eyes.

She wanted to be hated.

She wanted to be neglected.

And she would have her way.

"I haven't seen your magic. But unfortunately, one day you and your magic will part ways."

“I’m confused. Did my music not affect you at all when we were talking?”

30 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"Hey," Tal said, walking over. "Pic, right? And Melody?"

@Aeoryi

20 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron immediately went alert. "Rue?"

Oh, light, came the response. It worked. Listen, I don't have much...this world is dangerous. These creatures--steel inquisitors--something about them is off. Not just the spikes. It's...I can't seem to make a gateway. I can't get out.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

@Aeoryi

Oh, light, came the response. It worked. Listen, I don't have much...this world is dangerous. These creatures--steel inquisitors--something about them is off. Not just the spikes. It's...I can't seem to make a gateway. I can't get out.

"How can I get you you?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"How can I get you you?"

I don't know, Rue sent. I'm still on their world. And I think they've had some problems with trying to leave, but... She started to sound more frantic. Just come. Come quickly. Please, TAAron. And then her voice was gone.

In the tiny, cold cell on Scadrial, Rue shivered and slumped to the ground as the steel inquisitor came around the corner, as expressionless as always. It shouldn't have bothered her. Nothing should bother her. She was Rue Sedai, of the Red Ajah...she was...the inquisitor grabbed her arm, and she felt her mind drip away into an unnatural sleep.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

I don't know, Rue sent. I'm still on their world. And I think they've had some problems with trying to leave, but... She started to sound more frantic. Just come. Come quickly. Please, TAAron. And then her voice was gone.

In the tiny, cold cell on Scadrial, Rue shivered and slumped to the ground as the steel inquisitor came around the corner, as expressionless as always. It shouldn't have bothered her. Nothing should bother her. She was Rue Sedai, of the Red Ajah...she was...the inquisitor grabbed her arm, and she felt her mind drip away into an unnatural sleep.

He seized the connection between them somehow, the light around him coming ablaze. He turned to Haly. "I... need to go. I'm sorry. Rue needs my help, badly. We can talk when I'm back, okay?"

@The Halcyon Girl

hi all. i just found this somehow and would love to join as i noticed there is wheel of time magic alongside a steel inquisitator. could i have a quick summery of what the most recent part of the plot it and when abouts in wot this would be set. would love to play as an Asha'man

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Hello there, and welcome to the Insanity Clinic! You can use pretty much any magic system from any world here. Rue is an Aes Sedai (red ajah, and she has extreme issues with men who can channel, but you're welcome to be an asha'man! She's from the era just before, during, and after the Last Battle. Nameless, who's also an asha'man but hasn't been active here in a while, is from an era about 50 years after the last battle (I think). As long as you justify it, you're welcome to do whatever you'd like! (Also a warning, we bend magic in funny ways here sometimes, so if you're looking for perfectly cannon WoT...I'm sorry).

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

if you're looking for perfectly cannon WoT...I'm sorry).

yeah no i dont mind. i just want to get to use the one power in some way. i would be an asha'man who was suffeing from the madness. he would have lived through the final battle but never got a cure for the taint. whats the most recent happenings that i should know of before just jupming in?

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

Hahaaa Rue's going to hate him whenever she gets unkidnapped.

I actually haven't really been here in a month, but assuming we're sticking with our base (and since there's only like, 40 new pages) you should be good to just walk up to the main entrance :) 

honestly since we never get to see the Asha'man after the final battle im going to coin a few new terms

Asha'roy stepped up to the doors of the insanity clinic and knocked. he twisted his neck as he heard wispers in his mind. he drew in sweat, sweat sadin and used a thin thread of air to push open the door.

Asha' would be a prefix to the name so rand would become Asha'rand for exsample. its to be the opposite of the Aes Sedai who have sedai at the end of their name

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Asha'roy stepped up to the doors of the insanity clinic and knocked. he twisted his neck as he heard wispers in his mind. he drew in sweat, sweat sadin and used a thin thread of air to push open the door.

Tal blinked, feeling the door open, and hurried to the front desk. "Hello, and welcome to the Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted and Other Maladies! How may I help you?"

Oh man the nostalgia...

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i have the madness. the voices in my head. they said they could cure the taint. that i would never have to feel this way again. *more random rambleings*"

"Oh...one of those..." Tal said. "That's okay...this is probably the best place for you to be. We could probably heal that taint, if you'd like."

6 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"Oh...one of those..." Tal said. "That's okay...this is probably the best place for you to be. We could probably heal that taint, if you'd like."

7 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

@Aeoryi

Pic smiled and nodded. “Yep!”

8 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"Music isn't magic. It's a medium."

“Yeah, a medium for my magic. I haven’t met anyone else who can do what I do, even with all of the crazy characters here at the clinic.”

10 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"I can. Possibly. What do you want to see him for?" She tossed her blonde hair." 

"That makes sense. And yes. I'd agree." 

Emotions warred in her head. Should she be happy?

Or hurt, because he hadn't remembered, and she'd been pining for years? 

"Yeah. Yeah, I am." 

"To get the latest news, basically. We haven't been here for..." Had it been days, or only hours? "A while."

9 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

@The Aspiring Archivist

"A handful of things -we're trying to find TAAron, get an update on things on this end after we went with Elan."

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"To get the latest news, basically. We haven't been here for..." Had it been days, or only hours? "A while."

"A handful of things -we're trying to find TAAron, get an update on things on this end after we went with Elan."

Jar man grins. "Its been rather fun. do you happen to have a crap ton of alchohol somewhere?"

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man grins. "Its been rather fun. do you happen to have a crap ton of alchohol somewhere?"

Aventine smacked Jar Man in the back of the head. Hard.