Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"its a process"

Her eyes narrowed, but it wasn't quite a glare. "Watch a man who claims to be God murder thousands of innocent people in a public square and enforce attendance, making you watch it all. Then tell me how you feel about it."

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her eyes narrowed, but it wasn't quite a glare. "Watch a man who claims to be God murder thousands of innocent people in a public square and enforce attendance, making you watch it all. Then tell me how you feel about it."

"Done that. i think i drank that memory away."

She took it as nonchalant "been there done that, didn't really care", she is also traumatized and distrusts any (self proclaimed or otherwise) higher powers

That's the in character reason, the irl reason is that I consider myself very loyal to my beliefs and I'm casting that through her in a way I think makes sense in character

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

That's fair, too. It is hard writing a character that's really different from you. Case in point, my parents are great. Love them a lot, and I would never feel about them the way Aventine feels about hers. Makes it hard for me to empathize with her, in a way.

4 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic smiled and nodded. “Yep!”

“Yeah, a medium for my magic. I haven’t met anyone else who can do what I do, even with all of the crazy characters here at the clinic.”

Melody teleported next to talk. "What do you need me for?"

The newcomer simply pretended not to notice the teleporter and said, "Are you sure it's magic?" 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She stifled her anger and turned back to Pic. "Think you can help us find Tal?"

@Cash67

Pic shrugged. “I don’t see why not. Know what music he liked?”

23 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody teleported next to talk. "What do you need me for?"

The newcomer simply pretended not to notice the teleporter and said, "Are you sure it's magic?" 

“Yeah, what else would it be? Normal music doesn’t float in the air and play itself.”

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Pic shrugged. “I don’t see why not. Know what music he liked?”

“Yeah, what else would it be? Normal music doesn’t float in the air and play itself.”

Aventine shrugged. "He checked me in, but we've never interacted beyond that. Not that I remember, anyways."

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

You could assume that Aventine would know he usually vibes by the front entrance :P 

Or make up a button to call staff or something, if you want.

Clinic: Main Entrance

Tal gestured for the stranger to follow him. "Come on," he said kindly. "We're here to help."

@RoyalBeeMage

Scadrial: ???

Rue woke up, shivering. One of the men with spikes through his eyes was watching her. "What do you want from me?" She whispered. It didn't answer. She tried to weave a gateway, but she couldn't feel the power. Almost like...no, no. Not that. It was just a strange sort of shield. It had to be. She leaned back against the stone wall, and tried to find that faint link in her mind again, but it was so distant...so she just sat there, watching the inquisitor and knowing that, despite his lack of eyes, he was watching her too.

14 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Several months had passed.

Calano remained home, watching over his girls, being a family man. Being the children of gods, Katharine and Evelyn grew up quickly. A mortal infant would look it’s age, but at 4 months, Kat and Ev looked nearly two years old.

Calano couldn’t be prouder.

Kat was getting stronger by the day. Her physical strength was immense, and she also had incredible mental acuity, as well as incredible people skills.

Evelyn had started showing traits of telekinesis and healing abilities. In tandem with that, she displayed attributes of incredible emotional awareness, empathy, and sympathy. A beautiful combination.

Calano spent most of his days entertaining his hobbies, and bonding with his daughters.

Evelyn loved nap time more than Katharine did, and Katharine absolutely ADORED snack time; Evelyn was impartial to snack time.

Emma thought that her husband was a complete and total dork: sometimes she swore he was more a child than their own children. More than once, she’d walked in on Calano strutting his stuff through the hallway, wearing a beautiful shimmering ivory suit as his daughters giggled and cheered.

”Cheer for me, my adorable minions,” He said, scooping his giggling daughters into his arms, “I am your beautiful and stunning ruler.”

He never blushed when Emma would see this, he would only laugh harder, and drag Emma into the fun.

”Ah,” He would say, pointing at her, “Who is that, my pretties?”

”Mama!” The girls would shout.

”That’s right,” He would say, dragging her into his arms as well, “My beautiful wife and your beautiful mama.”

Emma would laugh as well. For she was happy. And Calano was happy.

But sometimes, he wasn’t. This family had been through so much. Calano still had nightmares of Kaos, and when he awoke in a cold sweat, he would calm himself by going into the twins’ room and reassuring himself, occasionally stroking the rosy cheeks of one of his girls. Emma would find him there most mornings, and guide him back to bed. She’d whisper reassuring words, letting her husband know that she was not going to leave him ever again, all that was over, they were safe now, the girls were safe, and he could rest.

Calano was loved. Calano was safe.

And Calano would do anything to keep it that way.

Wait I just saw this-

I swear I almost started crying in class <33 that's so sweet.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal gestured for the stranger to follow him. "Come on," he said kindly. "We're here to help."

@RoyalBeeMage

Rue woke up, shivering. One of the men with spikes through his eyes was watching her. "What do you want from me?" She whispered. It didn't answer. She tried to weave a gateway, but she couldn't feel the power. Almost like...no, no. Not that. It was just a strange sort of shield. It had to be. She leaned back against the stone wall, and tried to find that faint link in her mind again, but it was so distant...so she just sat there, watching the inquisitor and knowing that, despite his lack of eyes, he was watching her too.

@Cash67

"Maybe something that's easy to relax listening to?"

11 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

@RoyalBeeMage

...Rue? Are you... I'm trying...

TAAron's voice faded in and out of her mind.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

...Rue? Are you... I'm trying...

TAAron's voice faded in and out of her mind.

Rue heard him, and was embarrassingly relieved to know that he was there. She couldn't find the strength to respond, not without closing her eyes, and she didn't dare leave herself vulnerable to the creature in front of her. So she waited, and hoped, and hated herself with every breath she took.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue heard him, and was embarrassingly relieved to know that he was there. She couldn't find the strength to respond, not without closing her eyes, and she didn't dare leave herself vulnerable to the creature in front of her. So she waited, and hoped, and hated herself with every breath she took.

TAAron dashed through the Clinic, looking for anything or anyone that could help him reach her.

I'm... find you... promise.

Aventine went looking for Tal. He's the doorman, so he's probably by the doors. Why didn't we just go there from the start? If he's not there, I'll head back to the courtyard.

@Edema Rue

That's where he is, right?

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine went looking for Tal. He's the doorman, so he's probably by the doors. Why didn't we just go there from the start? If he's not there, I'll head back to the courtyard.

@Edema Rue

Yup.

Tal turned away from the newcomer. "Hey, It's...Aven, right? Aventine? Do you need something?"

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Tal turned away from the newcomer. "Hey, It's...Aven, right? Aventine? Do you need something?"

"Yeah. If it's not too big a problem, could you tell me where TAAron is? I've been away for a while with no contact with anyone here, so I figure I'd check in with him, see how things are on this end."

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"Yeah. If it's not too big a problem, could you tell me where TAAron is? I've been away for a while with no contact with anyone here, so I figure I'd check in with him, see how things are on this end."

"He should be in his room, or around the clinic," Tal said. "I haven't felt him leave since he came back from Scadrial, so unless he died again, he's still here."