Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

13 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"We need to get to Rue. She's on Scadrial, probably Kredik Shaw or at least somewhere in Luthadel."

“If the Steel Inquisitors are involved, I’d say Kredik Shaw is our best bet.”

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"Do you want to... Go there?"

“If we’re going to help Rue, I don’t think there are many other options.”

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“If the Steel Inquisitors are involved, I’d say Kredik Shaw is our best bet.”

“If we’re going to help Rue, I don’t think there are many other options.”

"Okay. Where is it to?"

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"Okay. Where is it to?"

“Kredik Shaw, in Luthadel. If possible, inside. The fewest amount of guards and Inquisitors we encounter… the better.” Aventine had to really work to disguise the fear in her voice.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

“Kredik Shaw, in Luthadel. If possible, inside. The fewest amount of guards and Inquisitors we encounter… the better.” Aventine had to really work to disguise the fear in her voice.

"If you're unable to kill an inquisitor, there is no way I am going to let you go there." Melody's voice changes to an icy tone.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"If you're unable to kill an inquisitor, there is no way I am going to let you go there." Melody's voice changes to an icy tone.

“I never said that. Between the group we have here, we have a good chance of being able to take one on.”

Take on an immortal being with all Allomantic abilities? Right.

Shut up, me.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"We'll be okay."

“I agree.”

"We'll be okay."

"I doubt that. What happened last time you went to Scandrial?"

“I never said that. Between the group we have here, we have a good chance of being able to take one on.”

Take on an immortal being with all Allomantic abilities? Right.

Shut up, me.

“I agree.”

"Will you really? You can hardly use a weapon."

Let them go. Let them. Don't get in their way.

She ignored the thoughts running through her head.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Aventine pulled the lesarium out of her pocket and rubbed it between her thumb and forefinger.

”There’s something I learned a while ago - always have a plan B. If all else fails, have something you can still do. I’ve still got some cards up my sleeve. Besides, not every battle is won with weapons.”

Aventine pulled the lesarium out of her pocket and rubbed it between her thumb and forefinger.

”There’s something I learned a while ago - always have a plan B. If all else fails, have something you can still do. I’ve still got some cards up my sleeve. Besides, not every battle is won with weapons.”

"Prove it. Prove that you are worthy then."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"Prove it. Prove that you are worthy then."

Aventine met her eyes. She’s angry - that much is for certain. Annoyed, at least. I think there’s some worry in there too. Maybe I can use that.

Aventine Rioted that sense of worry and warned, “Do not underestimate me.”

She flared her zinc.

11 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"We can manage "

Aventine met her eyes. She’s angry - that much is for certain. Annoyed, at least. I think there’s some worry in there too. Maybe I can use that.

Aventine Rioted that sense of worry and warned, “Do not underestimate me.”

She flared her zinc.

"I am not afraid of you." Melody reached for the air, grasping something. "Intimidation will get you nowhere." She squeezed her hand, and it was like if the air itself fractured like glass, developing a spiderweb of cracks as if it had been shot by a bullet. Melody's hand was holding a crude glass shard, one that was so transparent that it was only visible around the edges. She pointed it towards Aventine, and it's edge glistened in the light.

"Do not try messing with my emotions."

"We can manage "

Melody ignored him.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"I am not afraid of you." Melody reached for the air, grasping something. "Intimidation will get you nowhere." She squeezed her hand, and it was like if the air itself fractured like glass, developing a spiderweb of cracks as if it had been shot by a bullet. Melody's hand was holding a crude glass shard, one that was so transparent that it was only visible around the edges. She pointed it towards Aventine, and it's edge glistened in the light.

She stopped Rioting. “Fine. But know that I’m not scared of you either.”

She grabbed Mel’s arm, and her sleeve fell. Scars from a sharper knife crossed over her wrists.

”You see, pain is an old friend of mine.” There was no fear in her eyes.

She won’t hurt me she won’t hurt me she won’t.

7 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody ignored him.

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She grabbed Mel’s arm, and her sleeve fell. Scars from a sharper knife crossed over her wrists.

TAAron's glow grew stronger, as did the line of light extending from him.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron's glow grew stronger, as did the line of light extending from him.

A brief glimpse of conflict flashed in Melody's eyes.

"You lie."

The words hung in the air.

I can't.

I cannot.

Even the simplist acts are impossible for me.

"I'm sorry."

Melody quickly constructed a portal that thrashed wildly. It would lead to Scandrial. It would. 

I Hope it does.

Her faith in herself could not be misplaced again if it failed.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

A brief glimpse of conflict flashed in Melody's eyes.

"You lie."

The words hung in the air.

I can't.

I cannot.

Even the simplist acts are impossible for me.

"I'm sorry."

Melody quickly constructed a portal that thrashed wildly. It would lead to Scandrial. It would. 

I Hope it does.

Her faith in herself could not be misplaced again if it failed.

TAAron looked at it warily. "I think I can get myself directly to her. Maybe we can meet up in Scadrial? I'll try to get her out from the inside, you help from the outside?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron looked at it warily. "I think I can get myself directly to her. Maybe we can meet up in Scadrial? I'll try to get her out from the inside, you help from the outside?"

“Oh… kay.”

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Just... Go."

“Oh… kay.”

His glow increased further, then he vanished. His light did not go immediately. Instead, it seemed to disperse along a network of tiny threads, spreading out until it vanished.

---

In a flash of golden light, TAAron appeared next to Rue, and collapsed.

@Edema Rue

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

His glow increased further, then he vanished. His light did not go immediately. Instead, it seemed to disperse along a network of tiny threads, spreading out until it vanished.

---

@Edema Rue

Good luck, TAAron.

She walked through the gateway.

@TheRavenHasLanded @Cash67 @Aeoryi

Melody let herself flow to her old ways for the first time in ages.

It came so naturally.

So willingly.

She stepped through to the place where she wanted to go to. Scandrial.

The ash filled sky of Scandrial snapped into reality, showing her the view of the ominous Kredrik Shaw, Hill of a thousand Spires. She was standing on top of some sort of keep, probably one of the great houses. It was a sort of beautiful view, in its own twisted way.

Rue was there.

TAAron was too, maybe.

She still clutched her glass shard. She could go and kill someone below in the keep, but she decided to keep a low profile.

That meant no weapons.

The glass shard vanished, letting her fist fully close in on itself. Melody turned to the building, and then jumped, letting herself land on the ground through a series of hops off of various ledges of different heights. 

I've forgotten what this is like, she thought, but I don't want to feel this again.

As she landed on the ground, Melody found herself colder than normal. 

Ash clogs the sky, she Recalled, it makes the atmosphere colder. The sun is shrouded.

the streets were deserted leading up to the Lord ruler's palace. It was night, so the mists were out. That might've influenced things.

What does TAAron want me to do? Wait? I'm not doing that.

She approached the entrance of Kredrik Shaw with confidence.

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Good luck, TAAron.

She walked through the gateway.

@TheRavenHasLanded @Cash67 @Aeoryi

They find themselves in a slum in luthendel. The skaa residents that would've lived inside of it were out cold and sober, and the portal rippled through the air, distorting what was behind it in a rhythmatical pattern.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Melody let herself flow to her old ways for the first time in ages.

It came so naturally.

So willingly.

She stepped through to the place where she wanted to go to. Scandrial.

The ash filled sky of Scandrial snapped into reality, showing her the view of the ominous Kredrik Shaw, Hill of a thousand Spires. She was standing on top of some sort of keep, probably one of the great houses. It was a sort of beautiful view, in its own twisted way.

Rue was there.

TAAron was too, maybe.

She still clutched her glass shard. She could go and kill someone below in the keep, but she decided to keep a low profile.

That meant no weapons.

The glass shard vanished, letting her fist fully close in on itself. Melody turned to the building, and then jumped, letting herself land on the ground through a series of hops off of various ledges of different heights. 

I've forgotten what this is like, she thought, but I don't want to feel this again.

As she landed on the ground, Melody found herself colder than normal. 

Ash clogs the sky, she Recalled, it makes the atmosphere colder. The sun is shrouded.

the streets were deserted leading up to the Lord ruler's palace. It was night, so the mists were out. That might've influenced things.

What does TAAron want me to do? Wait? I'm not doing that.

She approached the entrance of Kredrik Shaw with confidence.

They find themselves in a slum in luthendel. The skaa residents that would've lived inside of it were out cold and sober, and the portal rippled through the air, distorting what was behind it in a rhythmatical pattern.

The slum was in the vicinity of Keep Erikell. She knew her way around here.

There was a metal shop nearby. Aventine put her hood up on her jacket to disguise her face as she approached.

”I need a full vial,” she said to the attendant, “as well as isolated zinc.”

The shopkeeper gave the vials as requested, and Aventine paid more than was necessary for them. “Keep the extra.”

She walked away to the muffled sounds of excitement and put the vials in her jacket pockets.

She paused for a moment passing the keep. Kredik Shaw. No distractions.

She took off in a sprint towards the Palace of a Thousand Spires.

24 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

---

@Edema Rue

Rue blinked in surprise, stumbling back. As soon as she stood, a sharp pain shot through her head, and she cried out, falling to the floor as several steel inquisitors rushed forward. A pair of them grabbed TAAron, dragging him off. “No…” Rue whispered, but she couldn’t stop the black cloud that invaded her mind. Everything faded to black. 

Um I’d also like to mention that I’ve never said Rue was in Kredik Shaw, so… 👀 

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Rue blinked in surprise, stumbling back. As soon as she stood, a sharp pain shot through her head, and she cried out, falling to the floor as several steel inquisitors rushed forward. A pair of them grabbed TAAron, dragging him off. “No…” Rue whispered, but she couldn’t stop the black cloud that invaded her mind. Everything faded to black. 

TAAron groaned, light sputtering out. It hurt so much...