Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron paused for a long moment. "May I... speak to her about it, please?"

The lord hesitated, then nodded. “You have one hour. And if either of you tries anything…” he smiled cruelly. “I’ll just have to make do without you.” The inquisitors started pulling TAAron back out of the room. 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine pulled Jar Man's limp body into a corner of the room - to the back of the lord.

@Edema Rue @The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

The lord hesitated, then nodded. “You have one hour. And if either of you tries anything…” he smiled cruelly. “I’ll just have to make do without you.” The inquisitors started pulling TAAron back out of the room. 

TAAron went with them.

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron went with them.

If she even muttered anything, Aventine had the feeling their presence would be revealed. Quickly and semi-carefully, she dragged Jar Man after the Inquisitors and her friend.

Edited by Spark of Hope

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

If she even muttered anything, Aventine had the feeling their presence would be revealed. Quickly and semi-carefully, she dragged Jar Man after the Inquisitors and her friend.

I'm very confused about how they got in and how they aren't getting seen or heard by Inquisitors.

Short version: Jar Man. 

Long version: Jar Man made a portal with *questionable methods* that also hid their presence from everyone. There's no Allomancy involved, so I doubt Inquisitors could detect it.

Like, the magical equivalent of a bad reception, if I remember correctly. Raven could probably explain it better than me. But alas, here we are.

Aventine remembered her bag of coins and hoped the magical veil would keep them concealed.

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Here, I have the wob:

Spoiler

Argent (paraphrased)

Could a Seeker who was properly trained and experienced detect AonDor or Awakening? Similarly, does a Coppercloud block an Awakener's life sense?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

A Seeker could sense somebody else using magic not native Scadrial. RAFO on the Coppercloud blocking similar magic.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/166/#e3008

29 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

32 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

32 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

For simplicity's sake, let's say the Inquisitor knows but is biding his time

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron went with them.

When they arrived back at the cell, the inquisitors tossed TAAron in. One of them went inside, and three others stood just outside the door. Rue was still slumped over, unconscious.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

When they arrived back at the cell, the inquisitors tossed TAAron in. One of them went inside, and three others stood just outside the door. Rue was still slumped over, unconscious.

They shouldn't know we're here - I'll sneak the two of us in.

You read our debate, right?

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

TAAron took Rue's shoulder, shaking her slightly. "Rue?"

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

They shouldn't know we're here - I'll sneak the two of us in.

Yup! My inquisitors will gobble you up :)))

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron took Rue's shoulder, shaking her slightly. "Rue?"

Rue blinked, trying to pull away and collapsing. No no no…in a moment of pure terror, she’d reached for the one power. And found nothing but a stabbing headache. Then she blinked, and the blurry figure resolved into a person. “TAAron?” She asked suspiciously. 

Rue blinked, trying to pull away and collapsing. No no no…in a moment of pure terror, she’d reached for the one power. And found nothing but a stabbing headache. Then she blinked, and the blurry figure resolved into a person. “TAAron?” She asked suspiciously. 

Oh, thank goodness she's okay. Aventine moved between the three outer Inquisitors and made her way into the cell, making sure not to let Jar Man touch them.

"Yes. I... I managed to get to you using my magic, though it... wasn't easy."