Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Forest Clearing (Vision/Hallucination/Dream/etc)

Aventine lied in a field, the song she mumbled in reality rustling through the leaves in the wind. The plants were green, just like in the clinic. It made her wish Scadrial had green plants, as well. And the flowers - she'd read descriptions, seen artists' renderings on what they believed flowers would look like. (She didn't know this, but they were mostly evening primroses, coreopsis, and blanket flowers.) The sky was blue, which suited it much better than red did.

The grass itched her skin, but in a good way. It was a nice contrast against the soft petals of the flowers. Reading about these things didn't even begin to compare to the true thing.

Ava.

Aventine's eyebrows wrinkled. She assumed it was supposed to be referring to her, but no one had called her Ava before. Jar Man had called her Ave once or twice, but...

Ava.

She sat up. "Why are you calling me that?" she asked no one. 

Because you wanted me to.

"I... wanted you to? What do you mean? Who are you?"

The voice chuckled. So many questions...

Aventine blinked, shaking her head. I must be going insane if I'm hearing voices...

Aventine is the name of a hill on another world. It was one of the hills on which an ancient empire called Rome was built. Ava has more... meaning to it, I believe.

"Meaning? I don't understand..."

Names have meanings, dear. They can say quite a lot about the one who wears them. Ava has multiple meanings - for instance, desired, life, beauty, bird, and voice. And I would say that each of those meanings pertain to you.

Aventine stood. "You're quite cryptic, aren't you..."

You're in pain, my dear.

"Well, yeah. A lot, actually, in the real world." Emotional and physical...

And who are you to say this isn't real?

"This is... this is all just in my head. I'm making this up - I'm probably dying."

No, you are not going to die yet. You may crave a release, but it will not be presented in death. You still have much to do in life, Ava.

"Why are you calling me Ava? And who are you?"

I am calling you Ava, because to me that is who you are. You are loved and desired, full of life and beauty. You are free from your past, like a bird in the air, but because of your past, your voice has the power to potentially change that for others. And as to who I am... well, I suppose you must find that for yourself.

Aventine's mouth tightened. "You're some form of deity, aren't you?" When the voice didn't respond, she knew she'd hit the mark. "If you really knew who I am, you'd know that I don't trust any kind of deity - self proclaimed or otherwise."

Well then... I suppose you will have to learn to trust me in time.

Aventine laughed, but not out of humor. "I don't even know that this is real. You asked me if I could say this was real or not but..."

If I were to give you a way to prove this was real, would you trust me?

Aventine thought for a moment before admitting, "I would be a little more open to it."

Pick one of those flowers. When you awaken, it will remain with you.

"And... how will I wake?"

Rely on those who are not here. The medic, your friend... they will do whatever it takes to ensure you live. The voice laughed again. You will live regardless of their actions, but they do not know that. They will treat you until you are ready and able to awaken. You will know when the time has arrived.

Aventine opened her mouth, but she doubted the voice would respond - she could no longer feel its presence. She looked at the flowers at her feet. She knelt down, and the white dress she wore in this vision brushed against the grass and petals. It did not stain or smear. She plucked one of the flowers from the ground - one of the blanket flowers.

So now... "I guess I wait."

@TheRavenHasLanded @InfiniteInsanity

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Forest Clearing (Vision/Hallucination/Dream/etc)

Aventine lied in a field, the song she mumbled in reality rustling through the leaves in the wind. The plants were green, just like in the clinic. It made her wish Scadrial had green plants, as well. And the flowers - she'd read descriptions, seen artists' renderings on what they believed flowers would look like. (She didn't know this, but they were mostly evening primroses, coreopsis, and blanket flowers.) The sky was blue, which suited it much better than red did.

The grass itched her skin, but in a good way. It was a nice contrast against the soft petals of the flowers. Reading about these things didn't even begin to compare to the true thing.

Ava.

Aventine's eyebrows wrinkled. She assumed it was supposed to be referring to her, but no one had called her Ava before. Jar Man had called her Ave once or twice, but...

Ava.

She sat up. "Why are you calling me that?" she asked no one. 

Because you wanted me to.

"I... wanted you to? What do you mean? Who are you?"

The voice chuckled. So many questions...

Aventine blinked, shaking her head. I must be going insane if I'm hearing voices...

Aventine is the name of a hill on another world. It was one of the hills on which an ancient empire called Rome was built. Ava has more... meaning to it, I believe.

"Meaning? I don't understand..."

Names have meanings, dear. They can say quite a lot about the one who wears them. Ava has multiple meanings - for instance, desired, life, beauty, bird, and voice. And I would say that each of those meanings pertain to you.

Aventine stood. "You're quite cryptic, aren't you..."

You're in pain, my dear.

"Well, yeah. A lot, actually, in the real world." Emotional and physical...

And who are you to say this isn't real?

"This is... this is all just in my head. I'm making this up - I'm probably dying."

No, you are not going to die yet. You may crave a release, but it will not be presented in death. You still have much to do in life, Ava.

"Why are you calling me Ava? And who are you?"

I am calling you Ava, because to me that is who you are. You are loved and desired, full of life and beauty. You are free from your past, like a bird in the air, but because of your past, your voice has the power to potentially change that for others. And as to who I am... well, I suppose you must find that for yourself.

Aventine's mouth tightened. "You're some form of deity, aren't you?" When the voice didn't respond, she knew she'd hit the mark. "If you really knew who I am, you'd know that I don't trust any kind of deity - self proclaimed or otherwise."

Well then... I suppose you will have to learn to trust me in time.

Aventine laughed, but not out of humor. "I don't even know that this is real. You asked me if I could say this was real or not but..."

If I were to give you a way to prove this was real, would you trust me?

Aventine thought for a moment before admitting, "I would be a little more open to it."

Pick one of those flowers. When you awaken, it will remain with you.

"And... how will I wake?"

Rely on those who are not here. The medic, your friend... they will do whatever it takes to ensure you live. The voice laughed again. You will live regardless of their actions, but they do not know that. They will treat you until you are ready and able to awaken. You will know when the time has arrived.

Aventine opened her mouth, but she doubted the voice would respond - she could no longer feel its presence. She looked at the flowers at her feet. She knelt down, and the white dress she wore in this vision brushed against the grass and petals. It did not stain or smear. She plucked one of the flowers from the ground - one of the blanket flowers.

So now... "I guess I wait."

@TheRavenHasLanded @InfiniteInsanity

Jar man lightly taps Aventine. "Hey, you there?"

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man lightly taps Aventine. "Hey, you there?"

She heard his voice, but it was quiet. "I... I'm here."

Just so we're clear, he wouldn't be able to hear her

Edited by Spark of Hope

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man sighs. "Shoulda expected that to be honest."

He... can't hear me. I just have to wait for them to wake me up. 

She let out a light sigh. If only I could think of some way to talk with them... But I guess this is what the voice meant. I have to trust them to get me out of this.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

He... can't hear me. I just have to wait for them to wake me up. 

She let out a light sigh. If only I could think of some way to talk with them... But I guess this is what the voice meant. I have to trust them to get me out of this.

jar man picks up a cigar. "God im tired... Eyes help us..."

Forest Clearing

Aventine laid back in the flower field. "You can't hear me, but I need you guys to wake me up." She laughed and put her hands on her face. "I'm insane. I'm actually insane. Why am I talking to someone who can't hear me?"

Med Wing

Aventine's eyes stared at the ceiling. "I was always searching, and I was never there..."

Right Outside the Med Wing

DG Ash had followed the map to the medical wing and sat respectfully outside on a bench.

3 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Ave, Ash, JM, and DG Ash are in the med wing rn if you want to come see them (Ave is dilirious atm)

Edited by Spark of Hope

1 minute ago, Invisible said:

Elan walks into the med wing after having visited another universe. "Howdy!"

@InfiniteInsanity

Aventine mutter-sang, "I guess we must have fooled time..."

Edited by Spark of Hope
ninja'd

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man immediately slams him with a crowbar, not realizing who it is.

Elan caught the crowbar. "Not today druggy."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@InfiniteInsanity

Aventine mutter-sang, "I guess we must have fooled time..."

"What now?"

Just now, Invisible said:

Elan caught the crowbar. "Not today druggy."

"What now?"

Is Elan able to hear things in people's minds? This is a vision/dream thing

"Is that Elan?" Idiot. If Jar Man couldn't hear you, he won't be able to either.