Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Invisible said:

You live for trillions of years in nigh unto infinite lives and you learn things. Just a casual fluctuation of... magic stuff. And brain stuff.

Huh... A-anyway, "I think when the Inquisitor threw me into the wall, it broke some ribs. Made my head hurt like crazy, too. And then that staff hit the back of my skull and knocked me out... Man, I'm messed up."

@InfiniteInsanity

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Huh... A-anyway, "I think when the Inquisitor threw me into the wall, it broke some ribs. Made my head hurt like crazy, too. And then that staff hit the back of my skull and knocked me out... Man, I'm messed up."

@InfiniteInsanity

"That... yep you are."

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

@Invisible @TheRavenHasLanded

The pain in Aventine's head intensified, and her vision started to go black around the edges. "Well, it was nice talking to you. Elan, stay in touch." She passed out.

"Great. at least she's not dead. ill take that, tbh."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Invisible @TheRavenHasLanded

The pain in Aventine's head intensified, and her vision started to go black around the edges. "Well, it was nice talking to you. Elan, stay in touch." She passed out.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Uh..." Elan says, "Okay... she's out again."

6 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

2 minutes ago, Invisible said:

"Uh..." Elan says, "Okay... she's out again."

Because for some reason Insa isn't responding to my summonings...

The vision was different this time. Instead of being in a forest, she was on a beach next to the ocean. The sand was black, but it was dotted with white and pastel shells - conches, sand dollars, Venus combs, and more. The waves brushed against the shore with a beautifully relaxing sound.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Aventine laughed. "So you leave me in the field and I wake up, so you bring me to a beach when I black out from pain. Lovely. As expected of a god."

About that...

"What now? I asked if you were a deity, and you didn't respond. Typically, that kind of silence implies, 'You're right'."

I was trying to think of a way to explain it to you. Maybe if you'd turn around and look at me, I'd be able to explain better.

Aventine turned around (somewhat grudgingly) and was almost taken aback by what - or rather, who she saw. Herself. Granted, this other Aventine seemed to be older - more mature, more at-terms with reality. Rather than hiding the scars on her back and arms, they had tattoos that turned them into something beautiful. There wasn't any pain in her eyes - at least, not nearly to the extent of Aventine or DG Aventine. Beyond that, smiling seemed to come naturally to her.

"So what is this?"

Her mouth moved, but the sound still went right to her mind, avoiding the middle men that were Aventine's ears. It's our mind, I suppose. It can match whatever landscape the main party wants it to.

"The main party?"

Me, in this case. The side who chooses to bring the other to meet him here. The main party doesn't have to be conscious, but not being so makes the connection so much easier to make. Before, in the field, I was awake, so you couldn't see me. I was there, but elsewhere. Now, we're both unconscious, so the bond is stronger and you can see me. The person you call to must be unconscious.

"So, I can speak with anyone in my mind?"

Not necessarily anyone, but other versions of yourself. For example, I'm the future version of you. The entire reason I was able to tell you you wouldn't die is because if you did, then I wouldn't exist. You should be able to do it with DG Aventine, as well, and versions of yourself from other universes, in theory.

"Other universes?" She smiled mischievously. "I spend a lot of time with Elan, don't I?"

The less you know about what happens to you, the better, so I can't directly answer that. But this goes on before you met Elan. While it's possible to communicate with your other selves, I wouldn't advise doing so often - you may tear apart the fabric of reality itself, which wouldn't end well.

"Yeah, I guess we wouldn't want that, huh."

Congratulations, you guys get to see a little of my internal "cinematic" universe!!

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

The vision was different this time. Instead of being in a forest, she was on a beach next to the ocean. The sand was black, but it was dotted with white and pastel shells - conches, sand dollars, Venus combs, and more. The waves brushed against the shore with a beautifully relaxing sound.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Aventine laughed. "So you leave me in the field and I wake up, so you bring me to a beach when I black out from pain. Lovely. As expected of a god."

About that...

"What now? I asked if you were a deity, and you didn't respond. Typically, that kind of silence implies, 'You're right'."

I was trying to think of a way to explain it to you. Maybe if you'd turn around and look at me, I'd be able to explain better.

Aventine turned around (somewhat grudgingly) and was almost taken aback by what - or rather, who she saw. Herself. Granted, this other Aventine seemed to be older - more mature, more at-terms with reality. Rather than hiding the scars on her back and arms, they had tattoos that turned them into something beautiful. There wasn't any pain in her eyes - at least, not nearly to the extent of Aventine or DG Aventine. Beyond that, smiling seemed to come naturally to her.

"So what is this?"

Her mouth moved, but the sound still went right to her mind, avoiding the middle men that were Aventine's ears. It's our mind, I suppose. It can match whatever landscape the main party wants it to.

"The main party?"

Me, in this case. The side who chooses to bring the other to meet him here. The main party doesn't have to be conscious, but not being so makes the connection so much easier to make. Before, in the field, I was awake, so you couldn't see me. I was there, but elsewhere. Now, we're both unconscious, so the bond is stronger and you can see me. The person you call to must be unconscious.

"So, I can speak with anyone in my mind?"

Not necessarily anyone, but other versions of yourself. For example, I'm the future version of you. The entire reason I was able to tell you you wouldn't die is because if you did, then I wouldn't exist. You should be able to do it with DG Aventine, as well, and versions of yourself from other universes, in theory.

"Other universes?" She smiled mischievously. "I spend a lot of time with Elan, don't I?"

The less you know about what happens to you, the better, so I can't directly answer that. But this goes on before you met Elan. While it's possible to communicate with your other selves, I wouldn't advise doing so often - you may tear apart the fabric of reality itself, which wouldn't end well.

"Yeah, I guess we wouldn't want that, huh."

That has sufficient mentions of Elan to make me happy

like your internal universe.

1 minute ago, Invisible said:

The short version of it is a giant crossover of all my fandoms (plus self inserts) fighting against an evil group that wants to make a dictatorship of the entire multiverse

TAAron decided to be alone for a while. It was all too much. There had been a brief moment there, on Scadrial, when he thought things might be getting better. Then he'd almost let himself hope again once he saved her from the Inquisitors. She had been hurt somehow, badly, and there was a very real chance that he might never see Rue again. He hated to admit it, even to himself. He had wanted to protect her, help her, and now she was gone. His fault. Always, he brought these things on the people he cared about.

He felt the faintest tug at his mind. He couldn't remember ever feeling it before, but he knew exactly what it was. A little ingrained bit of an long-dead mind, urging him to get rid of the pain. To forget again. It could be so easy. It was more effort to defy that little tug than to let it happen. A few times, he started to let it, but as he began to slip into peaceful oblivion, he pulled himself back away. As much as he wanted so badly to be rid of the loss, the idea terrified him. How many people would he hurt, never knowing what he had done? No, best to remember. Best to let what hurt and killed be worn down and broken.

This wasn't the first time something had ended in his life. He had lost so much, even within his untainted memory. His entire world had literally been obliterated. Everything had ended then, but somehow this was different. It was so much smaller this time. What was one person as compared to a planet? And yet... when that had happened, it had marked beginnings as much as endings. He had been thrust into new places, people, experiences. It couldn't nearly replace what he had lost, but it could substitute it, filling him with new things and self. So little of him and his life remained tied to that past that something else could become him and be a person nearly complete.

That made this time different. He was still here, in the Clinic. Everything else was practically identical to how it had been before she left. There was no new beginning here. How could he continue here, like this, without her? It made him sick to think about. So he stayed alone, confined in a room. He was still faintly glowing and slightly translucent. Whatever had happened back on Scadrial had seriously damaged him in some way. He had meant to seek out help, like he had promised Rue. After all, he couldn't lie to her. But then he had seen that look in her eyes, and watched her disappear into the hallways, and now he was here. A single point of fracture had left him shattered. An ending.

As he sang his old song, he couldn't help but feel that it sounded hollow.

@Edema Rue @The Halcyon Girl

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Older Aventine's Mind: Black Sand Beach

"So... the field. This beach. Wherever else I see... Do they exist outside of our mind?" The two sat on the beach. Aventine's legs were bent, her feet flat on the sloped sand. She messed with her fingers around her knees.

Some do, the older Aventine answered. As for the ones I've shown you, I don't know. My personal travels of the multiverse haven't been too extensive. I've been experimenting with different locations lately.

Aventine nodded in understanding. "Is there anything else I should know about... well, any of this?"

I warned you about communicating with yourself in other realities already, so... You should be able to tell whether the form of yourself to whom you wish to speak is awake or not, however other than that we cannot communicate with one another outside of this realm. You also should not go beyond this point to talk with yourself before the raid on the keep. It's too much of a risk that your younger self will reveal the existence of the greater multiverse to the corrupted nobility. This way, the secret can stay with those you trust.

"I see."

She continued twiddling her fingers, but eventually she phased. The shadows reformed, but in a moment they did it again.

"What's going on?"

Y-'re wak-g up. J-st rela-. Rem-ber, I am one f-rm you can al-ys try to re-ch ou- to.

Her form continued to phase until it eventually split apart.

@TheRavenHasLanded

If you want to have her wake up with smelling salts again that works

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Older Aventine's Mind: Black Sand Beach

"So... the field. This beach. Wherever else I see... Do they exist outside of our mind?" The two sat on the beach. Aventine's legs were bent, her feet flat on the sloped sand. She messed with her fingers around her knees.

Some do, the older Aventine answered. As for the ones I've shown you, I don't know. My personal travels of the multiverse haven't been too extensive. I've been experimenting with different locations lately.

Aventine nodded in understanding. "Is there anything else I should know about... well, any of this?"

I warned you about communicating with yourself in other realities already, so... You should be able to tell whether the form of yourself to whom you wish to speak is awake or not, however other than that we cannot communicate with one another outside of this realm. You also should not go beyond this point to talk with yourself before the raid on the keep. It's too much of a risk that your younger self will reveal the existence of the greater multiverse to the corrupted nobility. This way, the secret can stay with those you trust.

"I see."

She continued twiddling her fingers, but eventually she phased. The shadows reformed, but in a moment they did it again.

"What's going on?"

Y-'re wak-g up. J-st rela-. Rem-ber, I am one f-rm you can al-ys try to re-ch ou- to.

Her form continued to phase until it eventually split apart.

@TheRavenHasLanded

Jar man passes another set of salts under her nose.

11 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He pauses. "Right. That"

3 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Elan socks Jar Man in the stomach as hard as he can.

Through her grimace, she smiled slightly.

@InfiniteInsanity

So I talked with Insa yesterday. She's on a reading spree. Can't really blame her.