Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron decided to be alone for a while. It was all too much. There had been a brief moment there, on Scadrial, when he thoughts things might be getting better. Then he'd almost let himself hope again once he saved her from the Inquisitors. She had been hurt somehow, badly, and there was a very real chance that he might never see Rue again. He hated to admit it, even to himself. He had wanted to protect her, help her, and now she was gone. His fault. Always, he brought these things on the people he cared about.

He felt the faintest tug at his mind. He couldn't remember ever feeling it before, but he knew exactly what it was. A little ingrained bit of an long-dead mind, urging him to get rid of the pain. To forget again. It could be so easy. It was more effort to defy that little tug than to let it happen. A few times, he started to let it, but as he began to slip into peaceful oblivion, he pulled himself back away. As much as he wanted so badly to be rid of the loss, the idea terrified him. How many people would he hurt, never knowing what he had done? No, best to remember. Best to let what hurt and killed be worn down and broken.

This wasn't the first time something had ended in his life. He had lost so much, even within his untainted memory. His entire world had literally been obliterated. Everything had ended then, but somehow this was different. It was so much smaller this time. What was one person as compared to a planet? And yet... when that had happened, it had marked beginnings as much as endings. He had been thrust into new places, people, experiences. It couldn't nearly replace what he had lost, but it could substitute it, filling him with new things and self. So little of him and his life remained tied to that past that something else could become him and be a person nearly complete.

That made this time different. He was still here, in the Clinic. Everything else was practically identical to how it had been before she left. There was no new beginning here. How could he continue here, like this, without her? It made him sick to think about. So he stayed alone, confined in a room. He was still faintly glowing and slightly translucent. Whatever had happened back on Scadrial had seriously damaged him in some way. He had meant to seek out help, like he had promised Rue. After all, he couldn't lie to her. But then he had seen that look in her eyes, and watched her disappear into the hallways, and now he was here. A single point of fracture had left him shattered. An ending.

As he sang his old song, he couldn't help but feel that it sounded hollow.

@Edema Rue @The Halcyon Girl

I-

<333 beautifully written.

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Oop- I was actually planning on rereading S2 stuff that wasn't as recent when I finish S1, maybe I should because I don't remember lol

Edit: OH RIGHT HE WORKED FOR DEATH NOW DIDN'T HE

Edited by Spark of Hope

Haly curled up in a little nook in the library with a bowl of marshmallows, trying to forget everything that had happened in the past day and go back to being okay. Well, not okay. Just less pain-y. She wished she could go back to yesterday, when all she'd had to deal with was a dull ache in her chest. But now she had to accept that he'd moved on.

She'd never thought he'd just move on.

It's been years, at least for you, she reminded herself. What did you expect, you idiot? 

She shoved more marshmallows into her mouth. 

@The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly curled up in a little nook in the library with a bowl of marshmallows, trying to forget everything that had happened in the past day and go back to being okay. Well, not okay. Just less pain-y. She wished she could go back to yesterday, when all she'd had to deal with was a dull ache in her chest. But now she had to accept that he'd moved on.

She'd never thought he'd just move on.

It's been years, at least for you, she reminded herself. What did you expect, you idiot? 

She shoved more marshmallows into her mouth. 

@The Aspiring Archivist

TAAron finally emerged from his room. He has a promise to keep.

After some time, he found Haly. "Hi. Do you... still want to talk?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron finally emerged from his room. He has a promise to keep.

After some time, he found Haly. "Hi. Do you... still want to talk?"

She scrambled to her feet, knocking over her marshmallow bowl. She swore under her breath. She'd have to pick those up later. "Yeah. Sure. So what's up?" Don't focus on his face. Focus on that bookshelf. Or something else. 

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She scrambled to her feet, knocking over her marshmallow bowl. She swore under her breath. She'd have to pick those up later. "Yeah. Sure. So what's up?" Don't focus on his face. Focus on that bookshelf. Or something else. 

"I don't really know... Is there anything you want to talk about?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know what I do or don't remember, at least in terms of what would interest you."

"Ah. That makes sense." She kicked some of the marshmallows with her foot. "What about the Tower of Genjhei? Do you remember that?"