Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She took three and swallowed them. They were not as familiar as zinc, but the process of using them should be similar enough. She began to burn the brass.

He's probably scared - take that away. She began to Soothe away his fear. She also tried to take his pain.

@TheRavenHasLanded

Jar man relaxes, but still curls up. "No- i dont wanna remember.... no no no... please..."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man relaxes, but still curls up. "No- i dont wanna remember.... no no no... please..."

Aventine spoke with a comforting voice. "It's okay. You're okay. You'll be fine." I don't know if any of that is true, but... he needs to hear it.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine spoke with a comforting voice. "It's okay. You're okay. You'll be fine." I don't know if any of that is true, but... he needs to hear it.

Jar Man looks up, scared but definitely less than before. "Please... take away my pain... kill me... i dont deserve life..."

this is jar man completely and fully sober. also, his guilt is slamming him right now.

Jar Man looks up, scared but definitely less than before. "Please... take away my pain... kill me... i dont deserve life..."

I... oh, man. She smiled, trying to make it look like a real one. "Of course you do. Everyone does."

I... oh, man. She smiled, trying to make it look like a real one. "Of course you do. Everyone does."

His eyes are frantic. "No- nononononono make it all stop stop the screams stop tying people down STOP MAKING ME DO THIS-" he screams, then starts crying. "Im so sorry... so sorry... if only i was stronger. I could fight them... i could have saved you..."

His eyes are frantic. "No- nononononono make it all stop stop the screams stop tying people down STOP MAKING ME DO THIS-" he screams, then starts crying. "Im so sorry... so sorry... if only i was stronger. I could fight them... i could have saved you..."

"You have. Multiple times. The good that I've seen of you far outweighs the bad that I haven't." Could really use Ash right now...

"You have. Multiple times. The good that I've seen of you far outweighs the bad that I haven't." Could really use Ash right now...

Should I wipe his mind temporarily? Elan asks into Aventine's mind.

"Not you... someone else. forgive me, child, for taking your father and making him into a monster... im sorry for making you into who you are today. if only i was stronger. then i could have fought the cult. but i was weak..."

10 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Should I wipe his mind temporarily? Elan asks into Aventine's mind.

No... but maybe I can take his guilt. Is there anything else you might be able to do?

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Not you... someone else. forgive me, child, for taking your father and making him into a monster... im sorry for making you into who you are today. if only i was stronger. then i could have fought the cult. but i was weak..."

She began to take his guilt. "No, it wasn't you. I saw his dealer - it was someone else." That much, at least, was true. "What happened to me has nothing to do with you.

No... but maybe I can take his guilt. Is there anything else you might be able to do?

She began to take his guilt. "No, it wasn't you. I saw his dealer - it was someone else." That much, at least, was true. "What happened to me has nothing to do with you.

"THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU-" he screams. "THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DAMNED FAMILY-" He curls up tighter. "I'm sorry..."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU-" he screams. "THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DAMNED FAMILY-" He curls up tighter. "I'm sorry..."

Maybe this Soothing isn't quite enough... She flared the brass a little more, not focusing on a particular emotion and taking it all away. "It's okay, it's okay..."

She looked at Pic. Her eyes said, "Think you can help at all?"

@Cash67

Maybe this Soothing isn't quite enough... She flared the brass a little more, not focusing on a particular emotion and taking it all away. "It's okay, it's okay..."

@Cash67

Jar Man sighs as his emotions go numb. "I need- a smoke..." then he goes unconscious, nearly dead. he's barely breathing.

Jar Man sighs as his emotions go numb. "I need- a smoke..." then he goes unconscious, nearly dead. he's barely breathing.

Too much! She let off a little. She returned a sense of peace, the "good" emotions coming back in. Please don't die please don't die-

She directed her thoughts to Elan. Get. Ash.

@Invisible @InfiniteInsanity

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Cash67

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Maybe I can try and clear his addiction... or just... soften the pain... dull the memories...

Too much! She let off a little. She returned a sense of peace, the "good" emotions coming back in. Please don't die please don't die-

She directed her thoughts to Elan. Get. Ash.

@Invisible @InfiniteInsanity

Elan nods, teleporting away. Where is Ash...

Where is Ash?

23 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Cash67

22 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Pic starts frantically humming, varying between generes, then focuses on Jar Man's breathing. He proceeds to hum a steady waltz, focusing on how Jar Man needs to be breathing. The waltz swells with every inhale, and deflates with every exhale. Soon, his breathing stabilized, but not much more changes. JM isn't getting any worse, but he isn't getting any better either. 

"That's all I can do," Pic responds. "He needs more help than I can give."

Sorry teaching throughout the day, so if I don't respond quickly that's why. I will respond when I can asap. 

Edited by Cash67

7 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic starts frantically humming, varying between generes, then focuses on Jar Man's breathing. He proceeds to hum a steady waltz, focusing on how Jar Man needs to be breathing. The waltz swells with every inhale, and deflates with every exhale. Soon, his breathing stabilized, but not much more changes. JM isn't getting any worse, but he isn't getting any better either. 

"That's all I can do," Pic responds. "He needs more help than I can give."

That's fine! What do you teach?

"It's still better than nothing."

"It's still better than nothing."

Pic nods. "It would be more helpful if he or another person joined in the song, but that's not possible on his end."

High school physics!

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic nods. "It would be more helpful if he or another person joined in the song, but that's not possible on his end."

Fun!

Aventine went silent. You could.

No, I can't.

You don't want to. You could.

The entire reason I was forced to take those lessons was to make me more attractive to noblemen, to get me out of my father's hair.

And now you could use it to safe the life of a friend. It's not giving him what he wants. This is yours.

Aventine went silent. You could.

No, I can't.

You don't want to. You could.

The entire reason I was forced to take those lessons was to make me more attractive to noblemen, to get me out of my father's hair.

And now you could use it to safe the life of a friend. It's not giving him what he wants. This is yours.

Pic's focus intensifies on the song, adding another layer on the waltz, then looping the melody so that he can rest for a few seconds. However, one Pic himself stops singing and the loop takes over for him, JM's breathing becomes more ragged. Pic notices this after a few seconds, and begins picking up the melody with a panicked look on his face. JM's breathing stops deteriorating, but it doesn't get any better. Pic's face turns from panic to extreme worry and focus. 

Just now, Cash67 said:

Pic's focus intensifies on the song, adding another layer on the waltz, then looping the melody so that he can rest for a few seconds. However, one Pic himself stops singing and the loop takes over for him, JM's breathing becomes more ragged. Pic notices this after a few seconds, and begins picking up the melody with a panicked look on his face. JM's breathing stops deteriorating, but it doesn't get any better. Pic's face turns from panic to extreme worry and focus. 

Do you have much of a choice now?

Shut up, me.

Aventine started to hum, but at a level where she could barely hear herself.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man breathes.

Nope... visited a few times but never lived there.

Do you have much of a choice now?

Shut up, me.

Aventine started to hum, but at a level where she could barely hear herself.

Pic instinctively shifts his music to accommodate this new noise, but it does not seem to have much of an effect on JM. If anything, he is now skipping a few breaths. Pic grows more frantic and adds a rumbling bassline to compensate. 

@TheRavenHasLanded If anything wants to intterupt the magic, feel free

@Spark of Hope Same with you. 

Just now, Cash67 said:

Pic instinctively shifts his music to accommodate this new noise, but it does not seem to have much of an effect on JM. If anything, he is now skipping a few breaths. Pic grows more frantic and adds a rumbling bassline to compensate. 

did you ever teach in AZ?

Jar Man starts mumbling to himself.